Weitsman | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Weitsman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes the University picks fights when it isn’t warranted…if you were to poll people does AW do more good for the University than harm how many would vote good?

The only thing I don't understand is...in the beginning, AW was consulting the university and the legal team for his NIL offers and making sure he was doing everything by the book. Believe he even hired a lawyer for this. Why now?

The only thing I don't understand is...in the beginning, AW was consulting the university and the legal team for his NIL offers and making sure he was doing everything by the book. Believe he even hired a lawyer for this. Why now?

That lawyer def seems sleezy as can be.

Ruiz and Miami getting some heat along with the NCAA saying that they'll investigate anything for any reason was probably a reality check for some folks.

I think he’s been very careful to operate within the rules, but those rules seem to change quickly and without warning. And, more importantly, they seem open to interpretation. Being transparent, with things like this, could lead to problems. Even for those with the best intentions.

My only issue is with how public he was with everything. No need for that

Therein lies the problem - he’s a publicity whore.

It seems like a big part of virtually everything he does, is for the pub.
So naturally, he’s the same way with NIL.

If this rubs Cuse the wrong way, and they told him to keep it on the DL, I can see how & why he’d have a problem with that.
He’s all about the clicks & likes.

There is a big difference between JB having 20-40 million in the bank and AW who has 1000 millions in the bank. One is rich and one is a guy that can give players a million and not notice.
Bingo, bango, bongo.

Someone gets it

Therein lies the problem - he’s a publicity whore.

It seems like a big part of virtually everything he does, is for the pub.
So naturally, he’s the same way with NIL.

If this rubs Cuse the wrong way, and they told him to keep it on the DL, I can see how & why he’d have a problem with that.
He’s all about the clicks & likes.
Aren’t we all?

Anonymity is kind of the point. AW seemed to help the University and athletic program almost as a bi-product of helping himself become famous.

It is a little unseemly, but it doesn't hurt anymore than me stripping down and painting myself orange at a game to get on TV. And he's spending way more than the cost of a ticket to get there.
Hes not asking for his name on a building or wall. The guy is a gem for SU lets hope they dont screw the pooch

The new NCAA bylaws became effective 1/1/23 followed by the Miami investigation.

There are others in the community with enough disposable income to assist, without drawing attention to themselves. As other have alluded to, there appears to be new players in this space that the university is more aligned with.

The speed limit is 65, but everyone knows they can do 75 and not get pulled over.

But you don’t do 75 with the top down, a beer in your hand, flipping off the cops working the speed trap.

I think is where the university is…you need help, but let’s not end up on probation #3.
Heck there is a family heavily invested in SU athletics (and the University in general) from a similar industry as Adam, who are local and involved. They have a family business in an industry that would surprise many with how profitable it is because it is dirty and hard work. They've grown the business tremendously and have operations all across the eastern half of the country. They've hired former players and are big boosters and supporters.

Wouldn't be surprised if they have already helped out with NIL.

Last edited:
You think aw is the only basketball booster we have.

So far it’s been Adam and the two collectives. Don’t know how much the collectives have helped, I’m sure they have some, but Adam has helped with about $1m for current athletes to help keep them here. Then whatever he’s doing with Moore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom