Welcome Back Louisville! | Syracusefan.com

Welcome Back Louisville!

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Glad to see you back after your one year sabbatical studying Huskies, Owls, Cougars and Bulls.

enjoy your next few days!
William_Larue_Weller_Bourbon_293940_i0.jpg

Bummed about losing Maryland but when the ACC said that Louisville was taking their place I was thrilled to have the Cards back on board after being at the end of the plank. The ACC just got better in every area except for lacrosse.

Conference realignment is going to be frozen for a while now . If you aren't on a P5 ship now then your in trouble. As soon, as the NCAA loses this O'Bannon trial the NCAA is going to allow the new division of athletics for the P5 conferences to mandate 4 yr scholarships, medical insurance, stipends, and the only conferences that will be able to afford these rules without losing lots of money will be teams from the ACC, Big Ten,,Big XII, PAC-12, and SEC so it looks like Louisville got the last seat on the ship but it doesn't matter because they are onboard a P5 ship.

Conference realignment is going to be frozen for a while now . If you aren't on a P5 ship now then your in trouble. As soon, as the NCAA loses this O'Bannon trial the NCAA is going to allow the new division of athletics for the P5 conferences to mandate 4 yr scholarships, medical insurance, stipends, and the only conferences that will be able to afford these rules without losing lots of money will be teams from the ACC, Big Ten,,Big XII, PAC-12, and SEC so it looks like Louisville got the last seat on the ship but it doesn't matter because they are onboard a P5 ship.
thats why at the end of the day...the b1g won, and so did the SEC.

the ACC and the pac just strengthened themseleves.

and the bevo??? lord i wish i knew how nobody has pulled the curtain on that wizard.

the ACC took a couple of shots in all this. a punch to the jaw with maryland and a punch to the gut with rutgers.

granted lville is a nice addition. but theyre a necessary evil, not as bad as wv, but the belt doesnt really match the shoes.

the b1g got power with nebraska and then a spectacular land grab with dc/maryland and jersey/NYC...and did it by punching a hole right through the ACC, basically leaving a hat (Syracuse/bc/pitt) without a head.....and lost nobody. smaaht: A+

the SEC added land and power in 1 shot with aTm and nice land with st louis & kc. again, nobody left. bravo: A

the pac fortified their eastern front and closed ranks. this is a conf not going anywhere anyway. also adding and not subtracting. playing the game: B

the ACC literally and figuratively added jon snow to the northern wall with Syracuse and Pitt, but lost out on adding wv and rut. basically they added so/so football & so/so to decent land: B-. and then watched as maryland left and the b1g added jersey: D (should be an F but rutgers is a consistant failure in everything that they do, so adjustment made) adding lville is a B+. getting ND to play along was a triple. 5 games is nice, 8 is obviously better, thats a B. final grade: a stretch B-

the bevo, good lord...the bevo. they los aTm, nebraska, colorado & finally mizzou, total F. then countered with tcu and begrudgingly wv, D+. overall, they get above an F really only because texas and okie didnt go anywhere. but that conf is just not relevent: D-

everybody else gets a W. for they haved all withdrawn from relevency.

hi storz.

actually...bye storz.

Oh Lord

Last edited:
granted lville is a nice addition. but theyre a necessary evil, not as bad as wv, but the belt doesnt really match the shoes.

I very much like this statement. It summs up the LVille addition quite nicely.

the b1g got power with nebraska and then a spectacular land grab with dc/maryland and jersey/NYC...and did it by punching a hole right through the ACC, basically leaving a hat (Syracuse/bc/pitt) without a head...and lost nobody. smaaht: A+

Tend to disagree here. B1G did improve its status with Nebraska, but the MD and RU additions negate that move. Whether these two schools will deliver the east coast has yet to be determined. But one thing is for certain...the B1G football product is much weaker than it was last year.

the ACC literally and figuratively added jon snow to the northern wall with Syracuse and Pitt, but lost out on adding wv and rut. basically they added so/so football & so/so to decent land: B-. and then watched as maryland left and the b1g added jersey: D (should be an F but rutgers is a consistant failure in everything that they do, so adjustment made) adding lville is a B+. getting ND to play along was a triple. 5 games is nice, 8 is obviously better, thats a B. final grade: a stretch B-

I think you're undervaluing the ACC's move. All they did was to lock up the eastern seaboard and add ND for all sports (sans football). In terms of TV revenue, they couldn't have done much better...short of adding Penn State.

I very much like this statement. It summs up the LVille addition quite nicely.

Tend to disagree here. B1G did improve its status with Nebraska, but the MD and RU additions negate that move. Whether these two schools will deliver the east coast has yet to be determined. But one thing is for certain...the B1G football product is much weaker than it was last year.

I think you're undervaluing the ACC's move. All they did was to lock up the eastern seaboard and add ND for all sports (sans football). In terms of TV revenue, they couldn't have done much better...short of adding Penn State.

Swofford would have added PSU if it wasn't for UMD's putrid financial situation. UMD sold out the Ninja for a promised bailout. I think the ACC is fine and highly underestimated.

Louisville is very much like Syracuse. I think our fanbase is bit more dispersed nationally but they have great fans. Louisville has a much better corporate backing than Syracuse. That means something.

I went to Louisville this past weekend, great up and coming city with nice neighborhoods and great restuarants. As much as you hear that they take a backseat to UK, I saw cars everywhere covered with Cardinal gear and saw a nice ACC country billboard. I do agree that this isn't a huge power move for the ACC but driving through Hartford and Louisville is no comparison - Louisville is a huge brand.

Also, no way that the B1g did better in realignment than the SEC. Texas A&M has surpassed Texas in recruiting and football power and while Manziel helped, the SEC put them over the top. Missouri has two major cities and the SEC added the most powerful football state with A&M.

I went to Louisville this past weekend, great up and coming city with nice neighborhoods and great restuarants. As much as you hear that they take a backseat to UK, I saw cars everywhere covered with Cardinal gear and saw a nice ACC country billboard. I do agree that this isn't a huge power move for the ACC but driving through Hartford and Louisville is no comparison - Louisville is a huge brand.

Also, no way that the B1g did better in realignment than the SEC. Texas A&M has surpassed Texas in recruiting and football power and while Manziel helped, the SEC put them over the top. Missouri has two major cities and the SEC added the most powerful football state with A&M.
This is a very temporary situation until Strong establishes himself and builds his connections throughout the state - to think that A&M will remain ahead of UT long term would be foolish.

thats why at the end of the day...the b1g won, and so did the SEC.

the ACC and the pac just strengthened themseleves.

and the bevo??? lord i wish i knew how nobody has pulled the curtain on that wizard.

the ACC took a couple of shots in all this. a punch to the jaw with maryland and a punch to the gut with rutgers.

the b1g got power with nebraska and then a spectacular land grab with dc/maryland and jersey/NYC...and did it by punching a hole right through the ACC, basically leaving a hat (Syracuse/bc/pitt) without a head...and lost nobody. smaaht: A+

the SEC added land and power in 1 shot with aTm and nice land with st louis & kc. again, nobody left. bravo: A

the pac fortified their eastern front and closed ranks. this is a conf not going anywhere anyway. also adding and not subtracting. playing the game: B

the bevo, good lord...the bevo. they los aTm, nebraska, colorado & finally mizzou, total F. then countered with tcu and begrudgingly wv, D+. overall, they get above an F really only because texas and okie didnt go anywhere. but that conf is just not relevent: D-

everybody else gets a W. for they haved all withdrawn from relevency.

hi storz.

actually...bye storz.

Oh Lord

I wish you'd stop referring to that conference as the bevo. It's an insult to my dog...who spent 4+ years at SU living at Skytop with me in the mid 70's.

I wish you'd stop referring to that conference as the bevo. It's an insult to my dog...who spent 4+ years at SU living at Skytop with me in the mid 70's.
nothing to do here but apologize, for that is certainly an insult to your dog.

ive been calling them the bevo for so long i dont even know im doing it.

i fire that off in bars and people look at me like i have 3 heads...

"the what? the bevo?? What do you mean?"

err ahh, the big 12. you know...texas runs the whole show, the have a cow as a mascot, its called bevo...

"its not a cow. its a steer, a longhorn"

oh good lord, fine. what are you guys drinking.....

This is a very temporary situation until Strong establishes himself and builds his connections throughout the state - to think that A&M will remain ahead of UT long term would be foolish.
Is it though? Texas A&M has the 2nd ranked recruiting class for 2015 with half of the top 10 players in Texas signed, Texas has 0. Texas is ranked 33rd overall in the same class. A&M has two five stars and the 2 very best prospects in the state of Texas already committed for 2016.

Is it though? Texas A&M has the 2nd ranked recruiting class for 2015 with half of the top 10 players in Texas signed, Texas has 0. Texas is ranked 33rd overall in the same class. A&M has two five stars and the 2 very best prospects in the state of Texas already committed for 2016.
Yes, it is. Charlie Strong was hired in January, while A&M is still riding on a Johnny Football high. Not saying A&M won't remain a strong team/program while their current staff is there, but UT will re-establish itself once Coach Strong has a year or two to get established in state.

This is similar to Pitt / Penn State when Wanny came in and was recruiting so well while JoePa was showing his age and PSU was down - the Pitt momentum died off and the dominant program in the state eventually re-established itself as the true selector school / bell cow.

Yes, it is. Charlie Strong was hired in January, while A&M is still riding on a Johnny Football high. Not saying A&M won't remain a strong team/program while their current staff is there, but UT will re-establish itself once Coach Strong has a year or two to get established in state.

This is similar to Pitt / Penn State when Wanny came in and was recruiting so well while JoePa was showing his age and PSU was down - the Pitt momentum died off and the dominant program in the state eventually re-established itself as the true selector school / bell cow.
Eh not that similar. Think UCLA/USC; a good coach with a powerful fanbase can make waves quickly. A&M is looking at 3 or 4 straight top 10 recruiting classes. Pitt never had anything like that. Not only is A&M cleaning house in Texas but they can dip into Georgia/Mississippi/Alabama and offer kids an opportunity to play in the top conference. Texas will be just fine but with the momentum that A&M has right now, it would be foolish to write them off as a flash in the pan.

Agreed...

UT is the Flag Ship
TAMU is the Cult

Sumlin is gone within 3 years. Was getting looked at by nfl this past year, great offensive mind at Houston and now A&M (granted with Manzel) but when he finally leaves then Texas will be number one again.

Thanks for the kind words guys, can't wait to see Pitino resume his domination of Boeheim!

I kid, I kid :p

OrangeMojo said:

I can buy UT=Penn St
But Texas A&M >Pitt

cardinalfan123 said:
Thanks for the kind words guys, can't wait to see Pitino resume his domination of Boeheim! I kid, I kid :p

You cannot get away with hack-a-Shaq when you're down by 20 in the ACC. They actually call fouls in this league. Pitino is going to have to find a new strategy.

All kidding aside I'm glad to be in the same conference as UL again. I enjoy watching the battles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom