Well... Are we in our out? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Well... Are we in our out?

Very close call but I'd say out.

We need some cooperation from a few different sources. Kind of like having an open-ended straight draw and a flush draw at the same time. A decent shot but overall the odds are against you.

I act think we are the team made for the play-in game. If there is gonna be a play-in game have teams like Syracuse in there to really settle the score as to whether they should be in or not. We're not a slam dunk but i don't think we're an auto out either.

Last year will count against us. I don't think two years in a row the committee wants to be getting grilled over why they always let Syracuse in.

Perhaps they might also not want to be grilled about why they lose so much revenue by keeping a team like SU out? We had a bad year, but so did the other bubble teams. Much worse in fact!

In as of this moment.

After teams like Iowa, Wake, Rhode Island, etc win some games, our fate will be sealed.

It's official. According to Palm, we have no hope. Might as well shut this place down at least until Monday.

Dicky V said that Syracuse is in baby!*
What more do you need?

* this was after the win over Duke. I'm not quite as confident.

Perhaps they might also not want to be grilled about why they lose so much revenue by keeping a team like SU out? We had a bad year, but so did the other bubble teams. Much worse in fact!
Sorry, but no. NCAA revenue is MASSIVE with or without us. Individual teams in or out don't make that much difference.

I say out... the losses to St. John's, Georgetown, UConn and Boston College are too much to overcome. You add in that this team can't seem to play defense outside of the Carrier Dome and I just don't see it. Even if we were to make the NCAA tournament, I've seen nothing to make me believe we'd be able to go on a run.

Good post, like your objectivity. This team is a mess. Needs a mental health eval. Even the so called gurus subjectively count us in bc of our run last year and our brand. If we get on this year, its simply bc of that. The name, the brand, BS...

Welcome to last year - over a day before many bubble teams have to play.

Not much different... the bubble is a little more tight this year without the P5/Mid split (St Mary's, San Diego St, St. Boanventure, Monmouth).

why say no when saying yes feels so good ?

TommyBoy_061Pyxurz.jpg

After Wake just hit that 75 footer at the end of the half, we gone. :(

Be ready for the NIT...At least it will be a home game.

I hope we're in, but I think we're out, and seriously, if we get left out...there's little to bitch about. Our resume is filled with W. T. F. moments.

Things that I think work in our favor...

1) The committee has been veeeeeerrrry pro P5 schools in recent years. Its all part of the plan of the rich getting richer.

2) Boeheim. Love him or hate him...he has become iconic in the sense that his press conferences alone are now must watch tv. He's probably one of the 2-3 most visible figures coaching the game.

3) Wildhack. Would not surprise me if some of the committee members have worked with him in the past and felt he was a good dude...and may want to help him out in his first year. like it or not, politics enters that room - see 2007. DGross was not well liked by fellow ADs---especially that early in his tenure.

If we get in, I would be absolutely shocked if we were not in Dayton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom