Well, we found out one thing | Syracusefan.com

Well, we found out one thing

SWC75

Bored Historian
I thought maybe Louisville's press wouldn't be as strong without Kevin Ware but they came back form a 12 point deficit to win by 4 so they are just as dangerous as they were in New York.

Now I just hope that turns out to be our problem. ;)

Well, I think they had to bide their time a little and conserve energy since they couldn't press the entire game.

Well, I think they had to bide their time a little and conserve energy since they couldn't press the entire game.

It doesn't take the entire game.

There, fixed it for ya.

That's a key. Referees advance in the tournament based on their performance. That may mean Louisvlle can't get away with some things they did in New York. But this game may mean they don't need it.

When they were down 12 Pitino told the team this is the GTown game again and a run was coming? What?

That's a key. Referees advance in the tournament based on their performance. That may mean Louisvlle can't get away with some things they did in New York. But this game may mean they don't need it.

SWC, yes there is some merit to what you point out but the level of contact which was allowed and could easily been interpreted as fouls, occurred with regularity throughout the game and not only when they had their steroid rage press in action.

There were too many instances to count where Louisville players would make contact with the ball handler with their entire body while holding their hands out away from the dribbler... making it look as though there was no contact where in fact there was contact which was impeding the progress of the offense to make it's way down the court. Hancock is especially adept at that maneuver.

SWC, yes there is some merit to what you point out but the level of contact which was allowed and could easily been interpreted as fouls, occurred with regularity throughout the game and not only when they had their steroid rage press in action.

There were too many instances to count where Louisville players would make contact with the ball handler with their entire body while holding their hands out away from the dribbler... making it look as though there was no contact where in fact there was contact which was impeding the progress of the offense to make it's way down the court. Hancock is especially adept at that maneuver.
Total B.s. they play bush league and the refs didnt allow it up until the game was in question.

When they were down 12 Pitino told the team this is the GTown game again and a run was coming? What?

I bet he said Syracuse instead if G'town but he wasn't gonna risk bulletin board material for Monday night. F Louisville & Karl Hess!

They use handchecking, sometimes both hands at once illegally to slap at the ball alot. Their defense isn't that suffocating. Witichita missed a few key shots down the stretch.

Perhaps you are thinking of Kevin Maher?

No. When I first retired and started calling into the Axeman show in 2009, the producer was twit named Kevin Ware who wouldn't let me on unless he agreed with my comment. Axe called him "K-Ware" all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom