What’s the deal? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What’s the deal?

I agree, for me, completely emotional. Lack of control as a fan base. Seeing that product on the field and wanting someone to do something, anything, about it.

I feel the same with the presser. I get having a certain way to deal with the media, but we’re not blind. Non-answers and no real plan moving forward other than hugging it out was beyond frustrating.

I guess it burns me the people that invest in the team and support the university and community (when I go to a game it’s, hotels, food, gas, spending money in downtime) are the ones sit in the dark while the millionaires in their ivory towers sit around and play monopoly and tell the fanbase nothing.

This gentleman (and ladies) will be chapter two in my book "How PACuse Outkicked His Coverage"

As usual, you nailed it pacusewife

1699230566067.png

After yesterday's results I said there is only 1 man that needed to be fired more than Dino. The Grinch, Alex Grinch. Lo and behold Lincoln Riley fired him today albeit too little too late.
Your move JW.

I don’t know what business you’re in but I was a manager for 20 years and hired dozens of people, laid off some and fired a few. In 20 years I never once interviewed someone for a position that wasn’t open. HR would never let you even post the job.
Interview yes. Judge potential interest is much different.

And coaches!!!

Which is all that really matters here, right?

We canned GERG & FHCSMFS prior to their final games.

Why wait??

The sooner we do this inevitable thing, the sooner we have a replacement, before all the other teams also start looking for a replacement HC when they fire their current ones.

Why not have the most runway and the largest potential pool of HC candidates?

There’s zero benefit to waiting at this point -
I’m sure even Dino knows he’s a dead man walking now.
the reason to wait is most likely because of money relative to the timing of letting Dino and the staff go

Ok so give me an non legit reason then if it is so easy.
I already have. I'm used to getting scoffed at by clowns. Wildhack cares about his reputation in the media and firing a coach that went to a bowl last year before he's out of bowl contention isn't going to happen.

the reason to wait is most likely because of money relative to the timing of letting Dino and the staff go
Interesting... Explain the timing rationale in more detail plz...

I already have. I'm used to getting scoffed at by clowns. Wildhack cares about his reputation in the media and firing a coach that went to a bowl last year before he's out of bowl contention isn't going to happen.
So you think JW has such a fragile ego that he won’t fire Dino till Loss #7 because of a possible negative 2 day news cycle? Great reason

It's clear there's no successful future with Dino at the helm. Not short-term, not long-term. The program is done.

Nothing changes that. Dino miraculously from this point qualifying for a bowl doesn't turn things around.

So why prolong the failure?

This idea that Dino can't be fired before a bowl possibility is gone is asinine and counterproductive to a successful football future.

Hand the keys to Rocky (or Beck, I don't care) TODAY and see if the TEAM can rally together and earn a bowl. If they can, you have just a little something to build off of with the new coach. Some guys will leave, some will stay, we'll definitely need some intense portal activity, but there can be a feeling that the program overcame some adversity and some key parts are sticking together and forging a new era.

The longer Dino is HC the less there is to build from.
Exactly. You can tell by social media posts, kids changing their profile pics to their HS jersey, and just the overall ineptitude is rotting away what is left of the program. By firing him now it does 2 things.

1. Show the kids, donors, and the fan base that this is not acceptable and we really do (Which i doubt) care about the program from a University standpoint.

2. Gets rid of the rot that has set in. Long or Beck, I don’t care who, can more than take it from here. Maybe it gives the team some motivation and we can make a bowl.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom