What a great day its like Christmas morning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What a great day its like Christmas morning

I know we have lots of media people here, but ESPN cannot be trusted as a sports news source. They have too much power. Between this, Bountygate, Bernie Fine, and our sanctions all they have done is create the story.
I feel so bad for Sean Payton and Jonathan Vilma. I was ignorant on that case. They got screwed 100%. NFL Front Office is so shady and ESPN is so bad. Between Chris Mortensen, Kelly Naqi, and those player analysts.

I know we have lots of media people here, but ESPN cannot be trusted as a sports news source. They have too much power. Between this, Bountygate, Bernie Fine, and our sanctions all they have done is create the story.

To many they will see ESPN as the enemy in the Bernie Fine case but they will believe they are the voice of reason in the Brady case. Just a result of being fans of different teams. I stopped watching anything on ESPN other than in game content

Right, as the sole judge in deciding whether to uphold the suspension, Goodell was in a very powerful position. I would say too powerful, however, this was a part of the CBA and both sides agreed to this set-up. In that position, Goodell was faced with either upholding the suspension, reducing the suspension, or completely overruling the suspension. He chose to uphold the suspension, and I think the main factor in his decision was Brady destroying his phone.

In light of Brady destroying his phone, Goodell would have looked suspicious in the eyes of many other NFL players had he even reduced the suspension. That's why I think Goodell decided to uphold the suspension and let a Federal Court decide the issue. The question becomes, was Goodell also prepared all along to appeal in Federal Court. And then if so, does the NFL have a good case for appeal. That is where I am uncertain because I haven't followed this, but I do know that arbitration agreements, just like the agreement in the CBA, tend to be considered valid contracts by most Courts.
I respect what your saying. You honestly didn't know much about this case and I can respect that. Goodell cuts every suspension every time they are appealed. They didn't cut Brady's because he wasn't going to let their Marshall law/Kangaroo Court convict him of something they had nothing on him to prove. Goodell LIED about Brady's testimony I am sorry that is so undereported in this case its unbelievable. Then the NFL forum/venue shopped this case into Manhattan Federal Court and got its butt kicked.

At a minimum he obstructed the investigation by destroying his phone. There was no reason to do that if he was an innocent man, unless he was using his phone for other nefarious purposes that he didn't want to get out. Either way that was shady as can be.
Really? How about he was having a conversation with another woman? Nothing more than that but he wouldn't want his wife to know about it. Is that nefarious?

"Had the law on his side" despite destroying the evidence? I'll have to read this decision.
It wasn't evidence. The NFL had all of the texts. Would you trust the NFL not to leak non football stuff from your phone.

Was there a phone? Yes. Did he destroy the phone? Everything I heard so far indicates "yes". If he wasn't guilty of texting the staff who inflate the balls, then why would he do that? That's like a guy is accused of murder and is witnessed throwing a gun off a bridge. Why do that if you didn't do the crime?
You are smarter than that. How about he is texting another woman? I ask again, would you trust the NFL not to leak that? Not a chance. How about he texted someone that he hates Bill B.? Would you trust the nFL to keep that a secret. Not a chance. His phone was a red herring for a side that had no evidence at all against him. And a Federal judge just told you that.

Judge didn't even rule on deflate gate. Only said the process wasn't followed and the NFL overstepped its bounds. Doesn't make Brady innocent.
He also said in court that there was no direct evidence against Brady. That sounds innocent to me.

You are smarter than that. How about he is texting another woman? I ask again, would you trust the NFL not to leak that? Not a chance. How about he texted someone that he hates Bill B.? Would you trust the nFL to keep that a secret. Not a chance. His phone was a red herring for a side that had no evidence at all against him. And a Federal judge just told you that.
You are forgetting the NFL HAD NO RIGHT TO HIS PHONE. People are acting like Brady is bound to give over his phone and move the goalposts and in the future make all players have to give over their phones.

Cheaters do sometimes win. Just like criminal court, criminals sometimes win. They use the laws to their advantage or the prosecutor lays out a bad case. Again, it doesn't mean he's innocent.

But in reality, he didn't win anything except the ability to play these four games. His legacy is forever changed.

I'm surprised you sound like you're giddy that someone may have gotten off due to a bad case be presented. I thought a lawyer would be more interested in the truth.
I'm surprised that as an American (and Syracuse fan) that you are not outraged that a man's reputation was damaged without one iota of evidence against him. I guess injustice is only the things that you care about. . Now, you want to assume that a guy accused of knowing about something is guilty of that act. Where do we draw the line? If Jeter knew that A-rod was doing roids, is he guilty of anything? He benefited from the HR's that a-rod hit. there was no evidence against Brady. The NFL ran a kangaroo court to get him. And by the way, I'm a Giants fan who doesn't like Brady as a person. But fair is fair.

Last edited by a moderator:
The team has cheated several times now - the spy cam thing a few years ago, the deflated balls, signal stealing about 10 years ago, even illegal formations in last year's playoffs.
illegal formations? Are you serious? It's cheating to know the rules better than your opponents? And just so you know, the Pats never filmed any walk through's. That was an incorrect story that even ESPN retracted.

dasher said:
I'm surprised that as an American (and Syracuse fan) that you are not outraged that a man's reputation was damaged without one iota of evidence against him. I guess injustice is only the things that you care about. A young man was murdered not long ago and you stood tall with the guy that killed him. Now, you want to assume that a guy accused of knowing about something is guilty of that act. Where do we draw the line? If Jeter knew that A-rod was doing roids, is he guilty of anything? He benefited from the HR's that a-rod hit. there was no evidence against Brady. The NFL ran a kangaroo court to get him. And by the way, I'm a Giants fan who doesn't like Brady as a person. But fair is fair.

NE history does them and Brady in. Where there's smoke as cheaters there's fire.

And I don't know which murder you are talking about. Some I stood for the cop while others I didn't if you're talking cop/suspect. What's that got to do with NEs history? lol.

NE history does them and Brady in. Where there's smoke as cheaters there's fire.

And I don't know which murder you are talking about. Some I stood for the cop while others I didn't if you're talking cop/suspect. What's that got to do with NEs history? lol.
I took that down. the name was Zimmerman. And he wasn't a cop but he thought he was one. So I guess the NCAA was correct to slam us because we also have history. Got it.

And you were asked this earlier, what evidence was there that he was involved in deflating footballs? The Federal Judge couldn't find any and the NFL lawyer didn't offer any. Maybe you know. What was the evidence?

Really? How about he was having a conversation with another woman? Nothing more than that but he wouldn't want his wife to know about it. Is that nefarious?

You don't think a married man having a conversation with another woman is nefarious?

You don't think a married man having a conversation with another woman is nefarious?
No. Are you married? Do you ever talk to woman other than your wife? If you don't, you are setting a standard that most guys can't match. There is nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite sex. Most wife's would however, not be cool with that.

No. Are you married? Do you ever talk to woman other than your wife? If you don't, you are setting a standard that most guys can't match. There is nothing wrong with having friends of the opposite s e x. Most wife's would however, not be cool with that.

Not something I would destroy my phone over. I've got friends I talk to that I play volleyball and coworkers and I could give a stuff if my fiancée read any of those conversations.

Obviously it was a joke. Aren't you the self proclaimed king of sarcasm?
I am? I will take the title gladly but I didn't know that. I'm really funny, I know that. And truth be told, I just had a woman tell me she didn't get my humor. Needless to say, she was cut form the list!!

Not something I would destroy my phone over.
You have never said my wife/girlfriend is such a fill in the blank. You wouldn't want that out in public. For her to see or anyone else.

You have never said my wife/girlfriend is such a fill in the blank. You wouldn't want that out in public. For her to see or anyone else.

I've never said that in writing. I'm not dumb enough :)

Please tell me what Brady is guilty of?

Destroying evidence in the investigation. Why would he destroy his phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom