What are the most quotable movies? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What are the most quotable movies?

I know Woody Allen is not everyone's favorite, but Annie Hall.

A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.

Sun is bad for you. Everything our parents said was good is bad. Sun, milk, red meat... college.

Did you see this on The Ringer? Green Screen: The Oral History of ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’

Worth a read. During the days of 'Rona it's a lifesaver.

Thanks! Can’t wait to read this. I still remember going to watch this and it was sold out. The next time when we went back, we got in. Still remember waiting in those lines. And I remember that opening shot of NYC - my heart was RACING as the movie started. I couldn’t have possibly been more excited for something than I was for that movie.

Thanks! Can’t wait to read this. I still remember going to watch this and it was sold out. The next time when we went back, we got in. Still remember waiting in those lines. And I remember that opening shot of NYC - my heart was RACING as the movie started. I couldn’t have possibly been more excited for something than I was for that movie.
Yeah, we didn't see many movies as a kid. It was a big deal when we went. Somehow we talked my aunt into taking me and my sister. It was awesome.

Pulp Fiction
Top Gun
Goodfellas

Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Superbad
Step Brothers

I also was gonna say caddyshack. It depends on your flavor.
For me it’s that and also stripes, Star Wars (all), full metal jacket, vacation movies...
I immediately thought of Stripes as well.

The sandlot!

Can't believe this one wasn't mentioned yet.

Diehard.

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs.

Thought of this when I was posting about the pastor in VA dying of Covid. My sick mind went to "gonna need some more FBI guys, I guess" but with pastors instead.

I don’t personally quote Tommy Boy much but I’m really surprised nobody's mentioned it, as I hear it quoted quite often. I work with a guy who, whenever he’s proven wrong/educated & realizes it, jokingly responds “shut up, Richard”. Actually, he’s my boss lol

Speaking of which, RIP Brian Dennehy.

1A0CA123-608A-4F66-97C9-2D4CEF5CFEDB.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors