What channel is it on? FSU addition. | Syracusefan.com

What channel is it on? FSU addition.

JohnCuse44

Starter
It's time for another edition of what freaking channel is the game on? ACC RSN...

It appears once again I am SOL with Directv in the Nashville area. And at the same time ESPN is literally showing 2 hours of sportscenter reruns. Someone really needs to fix this next year. Guess I'll be watching the game on choppy vision aka ESPN 8 . Com

If the game is on in your area post it here so others will know.

image.jpg

Channel 55/755 HD in NYC (Time Warner Cable/Brooklyn/Queens)

wstm 3 out of Syracuse locally. in case anyone wants to watch pitt-Clemson at 4 its on wstq(cw6) locally in syracuse

Used to be able to watch on ESPN3 in Louisville, but now that TWC took over our cable, it's blacked out! Sucks. Resort to crappy other online sources that most of the time don't work well or are laden with millions of ads.

Love the ACC and glad we are in it for our long term health. But the issues I see people having with seeing our games is ridic. It's the one thing that people were sold a bill of goods on.

Last edited:
rrlbees said:
Love the ACC and glad we are in it for our long term health. But the issues I see people having with seeing our games is ridic. It's the one thing that people were sold a bill of goods on.

I havent missed a game all year and have had no issues. Of course i live in syracuse and would never think of living anywhere else

Last edited by a moderator:
HakAttack said:
For the last time...if you get ESPN3 and you live in an area that's blacked out, there are PLENTY of ways you can still stream it. I've been using HotSpotShield - hotspotshield.com all season, with no issues.

That seems to be the problem. Streaming it.

I have tried other ways, but Bees is right in that the stream at least for me has been choppy at best (not my cable connection). Have had success in past, but I gave up on the SU-GT game (good thing). Hopefully better tomorrow.

SU athletics needs to get a handle on this. they have the ability to work with the powers to understand why games are not on TV and get it fixed.. and thinking that hotspot will work in the long run is naive, its not hard for espn to shut that loophole down, the nfl has been doing it for many of these proxy sites.

How come its seems every game involving at least one good team from the American and Big East (the two 'lesser' conferences created by SU's exit) are nationally televised and we're reducing to hoping we find the right regional channel brought to you by Food Lion and the local Carolina dealers for more than half of our games???

For the last time...if you get ESPN3 and you live in an area that's blacked out, there are PLENTY of ways you can still stream it. I've been using HotSpotShield - hotspotshield.com all season, with no issues.
Have you tried Tor? HSS free can be an annoyance due to ad pop-ups, toolbar junk, etc.

Football board figured their local affiliates or how to type www.acc.com by the end of sept.

Hoop season is over...and the hoop board still hasn't figured those 2 simple tasks out.

Football board figured their local affiliates or how to type www.acc.com by the end of sept.

Hoop season is over...and the hoop board still hasn't figured those 2 simple tasks out.
are you sure on the spelling?

Reactions: MCC
are you sure on the spelling?
No.

What is it...theacc.com or something???

Only had to do it once...and that was early last August.

Google it dash.

I can't lead every donkey to water...

It's not a loophole. It's called using a VPN service/app. That gives you a new IP address, which for me when I've used it has been on the other side of the U.S., far from any ESPN blacked out areas.

Works like a charm. ESPN3 has no knowledge that I'm using a VPN and my IP address shows up in San Jose when the program is up and running.
yes they do. do a tracert they still know where you are coming from. ESPN has no reason to care, until the local rights holders complain.

I should have to stream a game when I get over 100 sports channels.

This link captures channels airing the game state-by-state:

http://www.theacc.com/#!/news-detai...MBB-Syracuse-at-Florida-State_03-06-14_gmj5v8

OP: The Tennessee channels appear to be (a) FOX61, (b) "The Knox" and (c) WEMT-D2 CW.

Thanks but that doesn't help me. Been the same thing all season none of the affiliate stations are local for me. So DTV doesn't carry them.

The ACC or Syracuse or someone needs to cut a deal with fox sports or something with a national presence to carry these games at least in markets where there is no ACC RSN affiliate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom