What could be worse than this? | Syracusefan.com

What could be worse than this?

Flacusian

All Conference
The Gators choke job allows the Huskies to waltz into the title game. How disheartening. Really, really, really sucks.

Prevent all of us from having to see a UCONN-Kentucky game where we have to pick someone to root for.

But I will say - wow - congrats to UCONN. Unbelievably steady play the final 30 minutes of the game. They overcame. Very surprised.

Uconn is going to win the whole thing -- who would have thunk it?

Prevent all of us from having to see a UCONN-Kentucky game where we have to pick someone to root for.

But I will say - wow - congrats to UCONN. Unbelievably steady play the final 30 minutes of the game. They overcame. Very surprised.

Ollie impressed me tonight.

UConn played nine guys tonight. Some small minutes, but still played nine.

yup. my biggest fear in the history of the national championship would be a UCONN kentucky final. I feel queasy right now and its still 48 hours away

Love watching this UConn team. Saw them almost lose in the first round against st. joes in buffalo. Who would thought…love those two guards, they are so quick and have great hops. Can't believe Ennis is a lottery and Napier barely is a first round pick, projected 30th. With all the ncaa punishments, Napier could have left but showed loyalty to his school and is rewarded with another shot at a national title. luv it.

Ollie impressed me tonight.

UConn played nine guys tonight. Some small minutes, but still played nine.

Well it's a team game - I'm sure that helps the morale of the team as a whole when everyone who gets a scholarship to play is given at least some chance to contribute. But hey, what do I know.

Two powerhouse teams, Michigan State and Florida, play their worst games of the year at the worst time. Very beneficial for UConn.

All of my rooting chips are squarely placed in Wisconsin's basket right now.

I think Uconn would blow the Badgers out, and I think Uconn will be too poised to lose to the Wildcats.

I think Uconn would blow the Badgers out, and I think Uconn will be too poised to lose to the Wildcats.
I'm starting to like your thinking. If we are resigned to the fact that UConn is going to win the NC, it probably won't happen.

I think UConn would be too poised and too determined to lose to the 96 Bulls.

It's karma. The basketball gods are making up for UConn getting screwed in conference realignment. But I hate it.

You gotta give UConn's defense credit, but college basketball just become dreadful to watch. Each possession the lesser talented team milks clock and shortens the game. UConn's guards just dominate the end of shot clocks and get their teammates great looks. It is so disgusting to watch. Shot clock needs to be shortened, but it won't. I guess I have to root for the Buzzcuts to win it all.

Of course, UConn had something to do with that.

I don't like it, but credit is due where it is due...
Combination of both. I refuse to give UConn all of the credit. I've watched them all year. While they are playing their best ball of the year right now the other teams in their way have also laid massive eggs. You need some luck and good breaks to make a run in this tourney and UConn is definitely getting them.

ISU player breaking foot.
Getting to play at MSG.
Wilbekin playing hurt in the Semi-Final.

As much as it sucks I do give props to the Uconn program for overcoming so many obstacles and displaying the grit and determination to have made this run. Can only hope that the transition here at Syracuse is as successful at it's been at Storrs with KO taking the helm. If you recall he was first only considered a transitional appointment as HC and then there were questions as to the duration of his initial contract.

Then the NCAA sanctions against the program... but even with all of those unpleasant circumstances here they are on the precipice of another National Championship. Truly remarkable and deserving of recognition regardless of who you root for. Kevin Ollie deserves this as do all of the kids in the program who have risen up in the face of so much doubt.

Its too bad we cant play that way, our guys care more about the nba
Yeah, what are our guys thinking. I mean, come on. They've only grown up their whole lives wanting to play in the NBA

It's hard to say much of anything when they've beaten a 1, a 2, a 3, and a 4

UConn is playing great.
They know how to finish.

I've been steeling myself for a week...preparing to root for UConn to beat Kentucky.
There's only one positive spin you can put on that game: thank God it's not G-town.

Last edited:
Yeah, what are our guys thinking. I mean, come on. They've only grown up their whole lives wanting to play in the NBA

Uconn refuses to lose, why couldn't we have played that way against dayton

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom