what do these upstart teams with upset potential have in common? | Syracusefan.com

what do these upstart teams with upset potential have in common?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Strong PG play. guards who make good decisions...can shoot it well enough, and can take people off the dribble and create. alot of times these guys are smallish and dont fit into our system.

Strong PG play. guards who make good decisions...can shoot it well enough, and can take people off the dribble and create. alot of times these guys are smallish and dont fit into our system.
so why doesn't everyone just play 5 point guards? i'll take the teams with nba talent and you take the teams with "guys that make good decisions" and let's see how it goes.

so why doesn't everyone just play 5 point guards? i'll take the teams with nba talent and you take the teams with "guys that make good decisions" and let's see how it goes.

For the same reason you do not play with 5 centers.

So true. Having above average lead guard play is a tremendous advantage at the collegiate level. Makes an enormous difference.

So true. Having above average lead guard play is a tremendous advantage at the collegiate level. Makes an enormous difference.

the dance is a guard driven tourney

coaches are secondary

big men, tertiary without the #1&2s

While quality guards are nice, I miss having a true stud(on both ends of the floor) center, especially one at that level for more than 1 year. That's what's on my wishlist. I also miss having one of those with a stud power forward standing next to him on both ends of the floor. Mix decent guard play with that, and I think we'd be alright. Heck I'd like everything, but for now that's what I miss the most. I remember the last all everything guard we had and his ncaa performance, so I'm a bit tainted and bitter at guards at the moment. Maybe I'm Bill Bucknering his butt, but i dunno.

this may be the most stupid reply to any comment ever made on this site. I will not waste time destroying your hackish strawman retort other than to say, Trump would approve of your style.

While quality guards are nice, I miss having a true stud(on both ends of the floor) center, especially one at that level for more than 1 year. That's what's on my wishlist. I also miss having one of those with a stud power forward standing next to him on both ends of the floor. Mix decent guard play with that, and I think we'd be alright. Heck I'd like everything, but for now that's what I miss the most. I remember the last all everything guard we had and his ncaa performance, so I'm a bit tainted and bitter at guards at the moment. Maybe I'm Bill Bucknering his butt, but i dunno.

howd that stud center work out for purdue today? how long did he go without a FG? centers are in a dependent position and are useless at times without guards

howd that stud center work out for purdue today? how long did he go without a FG? centers are in a dependent position and are useless at times without guards

I hear you bro, but to be fair I said with decent guards(good, but not necessarily stars).

Edit: and I was just saying it's what I personally missed and wanted to see.

5 Pearls and 4 Sherman Douglas's and Carmelo Anthony would beat any of the 68

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom