What does JB see . . . | Syracusefan.com

What does JB see . . .

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
. . . when he is watching these games? Any chance he gets some insights that he doesn't get when he is coaching? Do you think he watches the games with the sound off? Is it possible that he is making extensive notes and when he comes back he's going to "fix" things? It was hard for me to watch us catch up and then fall apart. It must be agony for him.

So, I wonder . . .

. . . when he is watching these games? Any chance he gets some insights that he doesn't get when he is coaching? Do you think he watches the games with the sound off? Is it possible that he is making extensive notes and when he comes back he's going to "fix" things? It was hard for me to watch us catch up and then fall apart. It must be agony for him.

So, I wonder . . .
Is he even allowed to watch?

His takeaway is we just have to make more shots.

Probably so. He's already said that we are not as strong inside as usual and therefore our margin for error is so much lower than normal...We need to make plays to win and we didn't make any plays from the 3 minute mark down.

His takeaway is we just have to make more shots.
I am hoping his take away is that we need to TAKE more shots! Watching Lydon catch the ball, pause, and then pass it away is fairly excruciating.

But I do think he might be getting a perspective that is different than his normal one. Of course, we'll never know because I don't know if he'll ever reveal what went on inside of him during this 9 game ban. Maybe in a decade he'll decide to share.

. . . when he is watching these games?
So, I wonder . . .
Wonder no longer...
images

You should go over to the house and consult with him. Your insight could prove invaluable.
i'd hate to wake him from his afternoon nap.

Wonders if GMac and AA have any eligibility left?

i'd hate to wake him from his afternoon nap.
Call ahead, I'm sure he is open to suggestions about the team. Perhaps after you enlighten him the two of you could go caroling.

That he should plead guilty to the NCAA in the hope that they suspend him for the rest of the season also.

This team is fundamentally flawed... Unless Coleman can learn to stay on the court we will look back on yesterday as one of the better games we play this ACC season.

In reality (which will never happen)... JB should start getting ready for next season. I would insert Howard into the starting line up and move Cooney to the bench or slide G to forward and put Howard in for Malachai. We can't afford to go into next season without a point who is game ready.

I would also start getting Obokoh into the mix a bit to see if he will offer anything next year so that Lydon can focus on learning the 4.

He didn't even watch the game last night, you know... creating New Year's resolutions and stuff.

Hopefully he sees what I see - that (1) Richardson is the worst three point shooter we've had in many years (funny how he was hyped to be a good shooter) and his only FG attempts should be within five feet of the basket and (2) Lydon needs to stop being a scaredy cat and he needs the 2nd most FG attempts on the team behind Gbinije.

We need Gbinije and Lydon to average 24 and 18 ppg, respectively. If that means we need to try to develop a point guard starting yesterday and move G off the ball so he gets more attempts, so be it. He's a pure scorer and needs to be treated as such. And Lydon is a natural scorer and also needs to be treated that way.

This is a flawed team but I think it has a chance if the parts are used correctly. Take the early lumps and start either Howard or Joseph at point, move Gbinije to the 2, start Lydon and bring Cooney and Roberson off the bench.

I assume he watches films of the games he coached so I don't think watching his team on TV is a revelation.

Didn't he recently say in an interview that he DOESN'T review game film?

Hopefully he sees what I see - that (1) Richardson is the worst three point shooter we've had in many years (funny how he was hyped to be a good shooter) and his only FG attempts should be within five feet of the basket and (2) Lydon needs to stop being a scaredy cat and he needs the 2nd most FG attempts on the team behind Gbinije.

We need Gbinije and Lydon to average 24 and 18 ppg, respectively. If that means we need to try to develop a point guard starting yesterday and move G off the ball so he gets more attempts, so be it. He's a pure scorer and needs to be treated as such. And Lydon is a natural scorer and also needs to be treated that way.

This is a flawed team but I think it has a chance if the parts are used correctly. Take the early lumps and start either Howard or Joseph at point, move Gbinije to the 2, start Lydon and bring Cooney and Roberson off the bench.
Richardson is the worst three point shooter we've had in many years? Is this a joke? Do you remember such hot shots as Jason Hart, Tony Bland, Trevor Cooney (as a freshman), Demetrius Nichols (as a Freshman), and many others as freshman? This guy is putting up 10 plus as a starter as a freshman. Yesterday he proved he could compete with a physical Pitt team. It's not his fault he's being forced in a position where he has to shoot so much and that's causing his poor three point shooting. If he sticks around long enough he will be one of the best scorers and shooters to go through here ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom