What happened to West Virginia? | Syracusefan.com

What happened to West Virginia?

CuyahogaCuse

2nd String
Is Maryland that good? Have the Mounties fallen that far?

37-0?

They've got to be burning some couches down in Morgantown. On Holgerson's lawn.

Little of both. WVU lost Geno, Austin. Bailey. Just can't replace that right away.

Maryland had been improving under Edsall, and this year they have their QB back.

In the circle of life of conferences, this just isn't the Big 12's year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Conference realignment!! Look at basketball! Thank god we were asked to go to the ACC!!

Of all the schools in the Northeast, WVU got screwed the most with conference realignment. They will forever be the thumb on the hand of the Big 12. They are doomed to perpetual 2nd division finishes in that league.

As proof I offer Penn State and BC as evidence. The odd man out.

I keep my fingers crossed we won't be similarly phucked in the coast league.

Well their next three games are not going to be any easier...Home game against #11 Ok St, @ #20 Baylor and home against #25 Texas Tech...

They are looking straight on at their first bowl-less season since probably the early 00's. I just don't care enough to look it up. F them

Am bored this morning...2001, when they went 3-8...RichRod's first season with them...

Little of both. WVU lost Geno, Austin. Bailey. Just can't replace that right away.

Maryland had been improving under Edsall, and this year they have their QB back.

In the circle of life of conferences, this just isn't the Big 12's year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Agree with the WVU losses of Geno, Austin and Bailey and would add that since losing Stewart as HC they also lost their defense. Cannot win unless you reload.

WVU hasn't had a legit defense since Stewart was the coach 4 years ago, and their current coach is one of those typical all offense no defense coaches. WVU has been decent these past 8 years because of Pat White and Geno Smith. Their QBs have masked pathetic defenses and all of WVU's speed and athleticism has been recruited on the offensive side. Their current QBs aren't of the quality of White and Smith and a result they have now have a pathetic offense to go with their pathetic defense. Also, as Mark has said F them I hope they don't get lucky and have another decent QB fall to them and they are stuck being awful for a while. The WVU fanbase is the most vile spiteful POS fanbase in the country. I used to like WVU and rooted for them, but they are so butthurt and revel in creating unrest because real conferences like the SEC, B1G, and ACC all never were interested in them. Enjoy finishing 4-5 or 5-4 at best in the Big XII each year and enjoy living on their own island. Also, for good measures I hope Oliver Luck is the next Texas AD when their current AD leaves soon.

They are still trying to recover from the severe beat down they received, in the snow, at the Pinstripe.
Not to mention that their head coach is a lunatic. ;-)

Their program appears rudderless.

Of all the schools in the Northeast, WVU got screwed the most with conference realignment. They will forever be the thumb on the hand of the Big 12. They are doomed to perpetual 2nd division finishes in that league.

As proof I offer Penn State and BC as evidence. The odd man out.

I keep my fingers crossed we won't be similarly phucked in the coast league.

Yes, but WFVU will be making a gazillion dollars in their new conference home. Just ask 'em. ;)

WV football has the potential to become Kansas football if they don't find a way to fix themselves.

Six turnovers yesterday, 1 intercepted for TD, fumble inside 10 YD line, another pick inside 25 set up 2 more 1st half TD's. Maryland actually didn't do a lot on offense, 3 field goals first half, 1 late 2nd half TD.

but everyone said it was the system not the players.. no difference if oregon was running that offense with our players.. speed/talent make the plays, scheming can only do so much

I live in the area, there are many factors to why they are struggling this year. The first reason is the fact they lost about 95 percent of their offense in Austin, Smith, Bailey, and Woods. They are also in a phase currently where Bill Stewart is not nearly the recruiter as Dana and his staff can be. The best part about all of this was is the travel, the travel has to be brutal for them and Oliver Luck knows it, there was a complaint not too long ago by Oliver Luck on how much they have to travel. (Like he didn't know this was coming? Lol)

All in all I think WVU will be fine in a few years, they had a lack of depth, defense was in shambles but if Dana can recruit and coach they should be fine. The Big 12 is terrible this year so they will probably still win about 6 games.

They need to come home to the ACC, where they clearly belong.

Actually West Virginia, UConn, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas all should join Notre Dame in the ACC, to form the first super- conference.

Actually West Virginia, UConn, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas all should join Notre Dame in the ACC, to form the first super- conference.

Kansas isn't going anywhere without Kansas State. Oklahoma isn't going anywhere without Oklahoma State.

Sorry UConn (again)

Sorry WVU (again)

I live in the area, there are many factors to why they are struggling this year. The first reason is the fact they lost about 95 percent of their offense in Austin, Smith, Bailey, and Woods. They are also in a phase currently where Bill Stewart is not nearly the recruiter as Dana and his staff can be. The best part about all of this was is the travel, the travel has to be brutal for them and Oliver Luck knows it, there was a complaint not too long ago by Oliver Luck on how much they have to travel. (Like he didn't know this was coming? Lol)

All in all I think WVU will be fine in a few years, they had a lack of depth, defense was in shambles but if Dana can recruit and coach they should be fine. The Big 12 is terrible this year so they will probably still win about 6 games.

Oliver Luck deserves all the misery and failure that's coming his way. All of it.

He was an arrogant smug little jerk wad throwing a temper tantrum on his way out the door of the Big East - if he coulda calmed himself down and played the long game WVU would be headed to the ACC next year instead of Louisville and the Cardinals would be in the Bevo trying to figure out how to deal with the travel.

Oliver Luck deserves all the misery and failure that's coming his way. All of it.

He was an arrogant smug little jerk wad throwing a temper tantrum on his way out the door of the Big East - if he coulda calmed himself down and played the long game WVU would be headed to the ACC next year instead of Louisville and the Cardinals would be in the Bevo trying to figure out how to deal with the travel.

I have to agree with you. He was far too brash throughout the entire process which I find hysterical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom