What happens if offense and Hunt are not playing well this week?? | Syracusefan.com

What happens if offense and Hunt are not playing well this week??

k cuse

Walk On
does the coaching staff make a change at qb or is it Hunt the rest of the way regardless?

Our biggest issue is Kool kid and a lack of WR. Kool Kid needs to realize that he has to tailor an O that takes advantage of our strenghts vs his belief that this is a madden game.

RUN THE BALL USE THE TE's. Lets face it our WR group is weak. Why he is not playing Funder is beyond me. I mean can he really be any worse than what we have seen. The kid was all world coming out of HS and he sure as heck looks the part seems to play it as well when he gets a chance. Sales didnt like to practice and neither did DC on JB hoop team and they both did pretty well. The kid is a gamer play him.

Our biggest issue is Kool kid and a lack of WR. Kool Kid needs to realize that he has to tailor an O that takes advantage of our strenghts vs his belief that this is a madden game.

RUN THE BALL USE THE TE's. Lets face it our WR group is weak. Why he is not playing Funder is beyond me. I mean can he really be any worse than what we have seen. The kid was all world coming out of HS and he sure as heck looks the part seems to play it as well when he gets a chance. Sales didnt like to practice and neither did DC on JB hoop team and they both did pretty well. The kid is a gamer play him.

I am not necessarily anti- pistol, but I would like to see us under center a little more in the run game for the simple fact that I think you get much better play action (not to mention bootlegs) from under center.

I think play fakes are generally not as good out of the gun or pistol. Also simplifying the game and giving Hunt some options at different levels while he is rolling out will help. Plus it will get the TE more involved

If Hunt can't get it done go with Allen.

Just win baby.

I just don't see how the first sentence would ultimately lead to the second. Allen hasn't looked very good and the staff had to admit that to themselves. And since he's in his last year of eligibility, I don't really see anything gained from putting him back in.

Would rather Hunt continue to learn on the job. Hope his athleticism makes up for some of the passing game learning curve (this doesn't even mention the WR issue).

I just don't see how the first sentence would ultimately lead to the second. Allen hasn't looked very good and the staff had to admit that to themselves. And since he's in his last year of eligibility, I don't really see anything gained from putting him back in.

Would rather Hunt continue to learn on the job. Hope his athleticism makes up for some of the passing game learning curve (this doesn't even mention the WR issue).
Nail on the head. There's no way at this point, with 2 more years of eligibility for Terrel, that you let Drew play anything more than mop-up duty.

I dont think the staff would stick with Hunt if the offense struggles to the point of losing games. I dont think its out of the realm that allen could see meaningful time again. another possibility might be AB for a more run first approach.

Play the guy who puts us in the best position to win. People talking about next year already. What's up with that? We're still chasing bowl eligibility this season. This week is huge. If Hunt can't get it done then next man up.

If the staff does not believe Hunt is the future then allen is still in play.

Play the guy who puts us in the best position to win. People talking about next year already. What's up with that? We're still chasing bowl eligibility this season. This week is huge. If Hunt can't get it done then next man up.
My point exactly. bowl eligibility is more important then developing hunt or any so called promise to allen

Next man up would not be Allen in your example. Not sure what was missed in the first 2 games, but Allen is not and likely never will be the answer. At this point you ride the guy who has shown more ability, and that is Hunt. If Allen gets the nod should Terrell struggle tomorrow I just may punch myself in the face.

The fact that you and K cuse are so ready to move back to Allen confuses the hell out of me to be honest.

IF Hunt and the offense don't play well...then we lose.

Let Hunt run the ball!!! The read option keep was available all 2nd half against Clemson and he used it once. I don't know the coaches reluctance to let Terrel run the football. Injury? Cam Newton's senior year at Auburn he averaged 105 yards per game on the ground including 176 vs So. Car. 217 vs. LSU and 151 vs. UGA. I am not saying Hunt and Newton are the same athletically, but I bet they are closer than we give him credit for.

Nail on the head. There's no way at this point, with 2 more years of eligibility for Terrel, that you let Drew play anything more than mop-up duty.
if hunt is 2-15 for 12 yards or whatever, then let mop up be the 2nd half.

dont care which of the cattle we use, just win baby.

and id go back to hunt next week if he was benched too.

For what it's worth, I think Hunt and the receivers plays much better tomorrow. NC State has a bunch of their secondary injured and they weren't Clemson to begin with.

Wake Forest threw it around on them and they are not good at football.

Next man up would not be Allen in your example. Not sure what was missed in the first 2 games, but Allen is not and likely never will be the answer. At this point you ride the guy who has shown more ability, and that is Hunt. If Allen gets the nod should Terrell struggle tomorrow I just may punch myself in the face.

The fact that you and K cuse are so ready to move back to Allen confuses the hell out of me to be honest.

allen's been everyones scapegoat for the first two games. The line sucked. all of a sudden the line starts playing better and of course the qb play will be better. Allen deserved to get benched and hunt given a chance. other than hunts ability to run the ball better than allen he is by no means a better qb. I just want to win I dont care who is in there. The two best teams we played this year are NW and Clemson. Allen was better in NW then Hunt was in Clemson thats all im saying. If Loeb is the answer or wilson I could care less as long as SU has 1 more pt then their opponent

Allen was better in NW then Hunt was in Clemson thats all im saying. If Loeb is the answer or wilson I could care less as long as SU has 1 more pt then their opponent

Clemson's defense is a lot better than NW's though, so the comparison doesn't really work.

Clemson's defense is a lot better than NW's though, so the comparison doesn't really work.
and ncstates is worse than everyone but wags and tulane.

im anxious to see what we get.

this is probably our 1st 'level playing field' of the year.

and ncstates is worse than everyone but wags and tulane.

im anxious to see what we get.

this is probably our 1st 'level playing field' of the year.

Agreed mostly, though I think Penn St. was fairly level. Hunt's first "level playing field", for sure though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom