What happens if offense and Hunt are not playing well this week?? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What happens if offense and Hunt are not playing well this week??

If Hunt can't get it done go with Allen.

Just win baby.

Allen has had ample opportunity t0 show us that he can't get it done. Not knocking the kid, but enough already.

Play the guy who puts us in the best position to win. People talking about next year already. What's up with that? We're still chasing bowl eligibility this season. This week is huge. If Hunt can't get it done then next man up.

Well, if that's how you feel, then the next man up should be Loeb. But my money is on Hunt getting it done tomorrow.

If West , Kobena play the next game like they did Clemson, put them on the bench, go to a spread backfield with Ashton as one of the backs. Get Estime, Clark, and Funderburk out there, Smith, with Ashton gives hunt some real options on offense.

Let Hunt run the ball!!! The read option keep was available all 2nd half against Clemson and he used it once. I don't know the coaches reluctance to let Terrel run the football. Injury? Cam Newton's senior year at Auburn he averaged 105 yards per game on the ground including 176 vs So. Car. 217 vs. LSU and 151 vs. UGA. I am not saying Hunt and Newton are the same athletically, but I bet they are closer than we give him credit for.

ding ding ding we have a winner

Hunt is not the problem. The play calling and WR's who can't get open are.

I am not necessarily anti- pistol, but I would like to see us under center a little more in the run game for the simple fact that I think you get much better play action (not to mention bootlegs) from under center.

I think play fakes are generally not as good out of the gun or pistol. Also simplifying the game and giving Hunt some options at different levels while he is rolling out will help. Plus it will get the TE more involved

You can still play fast and line up under center. The two are not mutually exclusive. But if you play fast you've got to see.

I just don't see how the first sentence would ultimately lead to the second. Allen hasn't looked very good and the staff had to admit that to themselves. And since he's in his last year of eligibility, I don't really see anything gained from putting him back in.

Would rather Hunt continue to learn on the job. Hope his athleticism makes up for some of the passing game learning curve (this doesn't even mention the WR issue).

Let me explain what I meant.

If Hunt falters and the staff believes that Allen gives the team a better chance to win, he will play.

I do not believe that the staff will play Hunt and lose to provide a better chance of success next year.

These guys play to win now.

Having said that I still believe Hunt gives us the best chance to win now.

I think he was better than his stats last week - I like his motion and his poise - I just wish he were a bit quicker.

I don't think he will, but if Hunt does stink it up, they will replace him with Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and ncstates is worse than everyone but wags and tulane.

im anxious to see what we get.

this is probably our 1st 'level playing field' of the year.
Agreed. This game will give us a very good indicator as to how the remainder of the season will go.

The problem is that Allen is not better than Hunt. We have no real choice but to tinker at the edges of the play book and hope we can put up 25-30 per game vs ACC competition. The real issue is the D.

The problem is that Allen is not better than Hunt. We have no real choice but to tinker at the edges of the play book and hope we can put up 25-30 per game vs ACC competition. The real issue is the D.

That's not a problem; that's the truth! The problem is, like you said, the playbook ...and the receiver corps! I totally agree with other posters--time to play funky Funderburk... and our TE's!

That's not a problem; that's the truth! The problem is, like you said, the playbook ...and the receiver corps! I totally agree with other posters--time to play funky Funderburk... and our TE's!
Is Funder hurt?

Let me explain what I meant.

If Hunt falters and the staff believes that Allen gives the team a better chance to win, he will play.

I do not believe that the staff will play Hunt and lose to provide a better chance of success next year.

These guys play to win now.

Having said that I still believe Hunt gives us the best chance to win now.

I think he was better than his stats last week - I like his motion and his poise - I just wish he were a bit quicker.

Makes sense. Hopefully last week was an anomaly for Hunt. But if he's not quite ready, I'd be happy with a turnaround story from Allen that gets us to a bowl game. I don't have any faith in it happening, but here's to hoping one of them leads us to a 13th game this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

Didn't Allen throw for nearly 300 yards against Northwestern. Yeah he was making some crucial errors but Northwestern has a decent secondary. They held Braxton Miller to 203 passing yards 0 TDs 1 INT. Sure they gave 450 yards in the air to Cal but it was on 64 attempts. I am not supporting a reinstatement of Allen just making a point, with the same "bad" receivers and a line that wasn't giving him much time he did make a lot of throws. He just also made a substantial amount of mistakes. Hunt is the better option in my opinion, I think we had unfair expectations for him based on his play against Tulane and Wagner. With that said he looked rattled early against Clemson.

Didn't Allen throw for nearly 300 yards against Northwestern. Yeah he was making some crucial errors but Northwestern has a decent secondary. They held Braxton Miller to 203 passing yards 0 TDs 1 INT. Sure they gave 450 yards in the air to Cal but it was on 64 attempts. I am not supporting a reinstatement of Allen just making a point, with the same "bad" receivers and a line that wasn't giving him much time he did make a lot of throws. He just also made a substantial amount of mistakes. Hunt is the better option in my opinion, I think we had unfair expectations for him based on his play against Tulane and Wagner. With that said he looked rattled early against Clemson.

I think he played well given the coverage and his experience level. He ran for 60 yards - Allen's playing and no running and maybe a few more completions, maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom