What is ACC Regional Sports Network | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What is ACC Regional Sports Network

yeah, right now I have Comcast cable and have been fed up with them for a couple years now (was biting the bullet because they're the only highspeed internet in town)
looks like I'll have to switch to DirectTV and then hope Centurylink can offer decent internet service for me...
Any of you other MN folks have advice for me?

Don't panic yet...Comcast is going to do ESPN3, buy an Apple TV and stream the games.

Also, I recommend you contact RF2044 and ask him what he does. He lives in MSP.

It's whatever sports network your local region has. Here in Maryland, we're getting the games on Comcast Sports Network. You might be out of luck since Minnesota isn't in ACC territory.
Philadelphia is evidently out of ACC territory as well so I'm stuck with espn3.

If you live in central NY the ACC network is really 3 channels. Msg Plus, SNY, and sometime YES

Let's try it this way...
How do the folks (like me) residing outside of the Syracuse/ACC market plan on viewing games that aren't on any of the espn options?
DirecTV sports package has every game but exhibitions for me. Out of market we won't get exhibitions because Time Warner isn't releasing their rights to any of the regional cable networks (MSG, CSN, etc...).

Essentially I have Apple TV for ESPN 3, and DirecTV Sports Pack for everything else (like 12 bucks a month). In four years I have never missed an SU football or basketball game. This is the first year I'm missing the exhibitions, and that's because of Time Warner not releasing it.

Poppy says be ready to buy Full Court, but if you have the sports pack you will see every SU game that is televised. For Comcast, you would need Full Court, but not on DirecTV with sports pack.

The SU-Wake game was literally on about 10 channels this weekend for me. Basketball is typically the same.

Last edited:
If you live in central NY the ACC network is really 3 channels. Msg Plus, SNY, and sometime YES
Right, and right now the listings show Devils vs. Maple Leafs, San Francisco at Fordham (women's), and Nets at Charlotte on those channels, respectively. When was the last time an SU game wasn't shown on Time Warner in Syracuse? Is this a new era?

Right, and right now the listings show Devils vs. Maple Leafs, San Francisco at Fordham (women's), and Nets at Charlotte on those channels, respectively. When was the last time an SU game wasn't shown on Time Warner in Syracuse? Is this a new era?

If I recall correctly, Friday's game is listed for MSG+2. I don't think Time Warner offers that upstate, I don't even think it's a full channel (its only an alternate feed when they have 2 different hockey games to put on at the same time). I only found out it existed after getting FiOS a couple years ago (but even there it's only SD).

Damn! Looks like I'm SOL on colgate and cornell unless OAA comes through. MASN in my area is showing Illinous VCU Friday at 7 and some other game rather than SU Colgate. It seems MASN is not the ACC Regional network for me.

1. SNY is NOT an ACC affiliate
2. YES is notorious for blacking out CBB games.
3. MSG and YES will NOT mirror games. They split a rights package and games will be on one or the other, NOT both.

There will be games this year where the only way to watch in HD is to buy the standard definition Full Court and "unlock" the blacked out HD broadcasts. I'm no saying that it will be every game, as there will be alternative options at times on various RSNs, but if it's for only 2 or 3 games that's enough to move the needle for me.

1. SNY is NOT an ACC affiliate
2. YES is notorious for blacking out CBB games.
3. MSG and YES will NOT mirror games. They split a rights package and games will be on one or the other, NOT both.

There will be games this year where the only way to watch in HD is to buy the standard definition Full Court and "unlock" the blacked out HD broadcasts. I'm no saying that it will be every game, as there will be alternative options at times on various RSNs, but if it's for only 2 or 3 games that's enough to move the needle for me.

I'm going to see how this season plays out. I am close to overhauling everything at home and woth my wifes cell anyways. I wish you could just get internet hook it up to your TV and pay for whatchannels you wanted and nothing else. Combined with Netflixs and Networks I'd make out pretty damn good that way. I certainly need to lose the home phone line though and probably drop some of my cable package as well as some of the TV's on it.

so is espn just slow in getting their actual espn3 and fullcourt schedules for the season published? right now the schedule is very skimpy with virtually no SU games part of it

If you check the suathletucs schedule it lists the TV as well. Not the mobile divce one though.

If you check the suathletucs schedule it lists the TV as well. Not the mobile divce one though.
The SUathletics.com BB Schedule page still has a picture of BT on it. Nice job keeping things current, jackbags. Nothing has changed.

The SUathletics.com BB Schedule page still has a picture of BT on it. Nice job keeping things current, jackbags. Nothing has changed.

Brandon was a safe pic for four years, lol.

If you have fios it will be on channel 1, or 501 for HD. It wont say it but it will be on there, trust me. My friend deals with fios.

so is espn just slow in getting their actual espn3 and fullcourt schedules for the season published? right now the schedule is very skimpy with virtually no SU games part of it
syracuse is never on FC, and they wonder why fox sports 1 is going to put them out of buisness

syracuse is never on FC, and they wonder why fox sports 1 is going to put them out of buisness
nah, that's not true - I've watched a ton of SU games on fullcourt in recent years - just seems that in past years that had their full schedule up by now

The Fordham and St. Francis games will be on ESPN3 only. There's a number of other games that will be shown in ESPN3 only. These are games that used to be picked up by SNY, but SU isn't tied to SNY anymore. AppleTV would be a good investment if you don't want to watch games on your computer.

I looked into that "Full Court" option either last year or the year before. If I recall, there was only going to be two games shown that would not be available elsewhere. Couldn't justify the money for that.

Will be interesting to see if some of these Regional Channels will be blacked-out for me like they are for a lot of other sports.

Binghamton and High Point games are also ESPN3 only.

here is the tv for all non conference games .

11/8 Cornell MSG 2 7pm
11/12 FORDAM ESPN 3 730pm
11/16 Colgate YES 430pm
11/18 ST FRANCIS ESPN 3 7pm
11/25-11/27 MAUI Invitational ESPN/2 530pm first game,2-7 day 2 , 5-10 on day 3
12/3 Indiana ESPN 715pm
12/7 BINGHAMTON ESPN3 7pm
12/15 @ st Johns FOX Sports 1 12pm
12/20 HIGH POINT ESPN 3 7pm
12/28 Villanova CBS 2pm
12/31 Eastern Michigan ESPN U 3pm

in conference we have 4 acc network games, 1 msg plus game, 1 cbs game, 1 on yes, with the rest on espn family

It was often the case in past years that games initially listed as only ESPN3 to also be on Fullcourt - not sure if that will be the case with any of them this year...

I'm going out to get AppleTV. I don't get the ACC affiliate stations here in Connecticut. I think I'd be better off moving to Alabama,

here is the tv for all non conference games .

11/8 Cornell MSG 2 7pm
11/12 FORDAM ESPN 3 730pm
11/16 Colgate YES 430pm
11/18 ST FRANCIS ESPN 3 7pm
11/25-11/27 MAUI Invitational ESPN/2 530pm first game,2-7 day 2 , 5-10 on day 3
12/3 Indiana ESPN 715pm
12/7 BINGHAMTON ESPN3 7pm
12/15 @ st Johns FOX Sports 1 12pm
12/20 HIGH POINT ESPN 3 7pm
12/28 Villanova CBS 2pm
12/31 Eastern Michigan ESPN U 3pm

The Cornell game is not on MSG in NC. According to DirecTV it is on NYa1, NESN, FoxsportSouth, FoxsportDetroit and Root. Usually the ACC has a link for which RSN channels the game will be available on, at least with FB, don't seem to be providing that yet.

Last edited:
I thought one of the local Syracuse Networks (CBS or NBC) announced they would be broadcasting a few BBall games. Is it possible they will broadcast the games currently listed as ESPN3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom