What is wrong with jb | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with jb

kcsu

Living Legend
Really you trash Greensboro. Why. Im so disappointed in him. He comes across as a bitter mean spirited SOB.
This is the same guy who wrote me when my wife passed. Who raises significant money and awareness for the cancer fight. I don't get it. This is not our coach. I hate to see him like this. It truly saddens me as i know he is a great guy. Someone close to him needs to step up and help him. CTO...

Really you trash Greensboro. Why. Im so disappointed in him. He comes across as a bitter mean spirited SOB.
This is the same guy who wrote me when my wife passed. Who raises significant money and awareness for the cancer fight. I don't get it. This is not our coach. I hate to see him like this. It truly saddens me as i know he is a great guy. Someone close to him needs to step up and help him. CTO...

Omg what a horrible person, he said a tournament shouldn't be in a city, lets get him some serious help, he must have a serious psychological problem.

he's speaking like a man who's walking away & doesn't have to play nice anymore. and who agrees with his good friend Mickey Krzyzewski - he's always been too damn good for this town & its largely unknowledgeable and too often unappreciative fans

If read in full context, he's 100% correct & this is a non-story. Plus, the state of North Carolina started it...

IMG_0752.JPG

If read in full context, he's 100% correct & this is a non-story. Plus, the state of North Carolina started it...

View attachment 91187

I'm not one who looks to defend everything JB says, but totally agree with this. I read the article about what he said about Greensboro and was like - this is a story????

He's petulant no matter how you spin it. I consider Syracuse a permanent guest in a southern conf. We don't belong culturally bc it is a Carolina conf at end of day imo.

I think he's just pissed the big east doesn't exist anymore and this is his outburst

if Greensboro is so important to the ACC, they should make dook and the imaginary degree folk play both their games there each year.

Otherwise...buh-bye.

My point isnt about Greensboro its about JB ranting about something each news conference that either is out of context, mean spirited, or condescending. He has always been ly but recently he just seems to act like a .

View attachment 91187

Agreed. The one sentence in isolation / out of context sounds a lot worse then when the whole statement is read.

Non-story [or at least it should be], but in today's sound byte society I can see how people could get "outraged" over it.

he's speaking like a man who's walking away & doesn't have to play nice anymore. and who agrees with his good friend Mickey Krzyzewski - he's always been too damn good for this town & its largely unknowledgeable and too often unappreciative fans

Unknowledgeable? Any time you have a large fanbase, you're going to get some that don't have a clue. On a much larger scale, the Lakers, Yankees, Cowboys, etc. have a huge number of these types.

I think overall the Syracuse basketball fanbase is pretty good.

I'm not outraged. Just annoyed at how petty he comes off. Why do you guys keep talking about the transcript. You can watch the press conference. It was out of context, it was said with an edge, it was bizarre. Like Trump bizarre. JB has been this way forever. Who knows why.

Ps it happened when he was asked about how it was having the ACCT in NY. If he wanted to make sure it stays there, having his team stick around for more than a cup of coffee would seriously help the buzz of this event. But let's go on an absolutely unrelated and uncalled for rant about Greensboro.?

I don't root for Syracuse basketball because the coach is nice. As long as he's not assaulting players or banging hookers, I just don't care how much of a jerk he is or isn't.

He's petulant no matter how you spin it. I consider Syracuse a permanent guest in a southern conf. We don't belong culturally bc it is a Carolina conf at end of day imo.

I think he's just pissed the big east doesn't exist anymore and this is his outburst

Nope. This is our league too now. Boeheim is one of the heavyweights. He can express his opinion. He carries enough weight to do that. He didn't say anything wrong. People can disagree, but there's no reason to get worked up about it.

I'm not outraged. Just annoyed at how petty he comes off. Why do you guys keep talking about the transcript. You can watch the press conference. It was out of context, it was said with an edge, it was bizarre. Like Trump bizarre. JB has been this way forever. Who knows why.

Ps it happened when he was asked about how it was having the ACCT in NY. If he wanted to make sure it stays there, having his team stick around for more than a cup of coffee would seriously help the buzz of this event. But let's go on an absolutely unrelated and uncalled for rant about Greensboro.?

I don't think it's an unreasonable take to consider Jim to be a royal jerk when he's in one his moods yet the underlying point he's making has a degree of substance. You can agree on both points if you ask me.

Had a long back and forth last night on Twitter with a guy who lives in Greensboro. The folks there are highly insulted. They can't understand why we wouldn't want to play in a city with so much ACC basketball history. I explained that if the ACC wants to continue to grow as the nation's best conference, they need to move its tourney to bigger cities. They're isolated and simply don't understand. Aunt Bea says hello.

My point isnt about Greensboro its about JB ranting about something each news conference that either is out of context, mean spirited, or condescending. He has always been ly but recently he just seems to act like a .
the old curmudgeon look is not a good one for JB personally or the University in general. I agree with those who say this is a non-story but in today's world everything becomes a talking point.

the old curmudgeon look is not a good one for JB personally or the University in general. I agree with those who say this is a non-story but in today's world everything becomes a talking point.

JB hasn't changed in years. He's the same guy as who said in the 80's that the best team didn't win, that went after the papers for saying Gerry was overrated, and now for attacking Greensboro. We have this conversation about one of his pressers every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom