What is wrong with People | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What is wrong with People

tipphill said:
omg ,thanks for the insight and definitive analysis

It's the truth. 14 points for a Babers O is nothing. With Shafer it was a death knell. What more is there to say? I don't leave games down 14 with a Q to go because I watch college football too much.

In the BIG12 14 points isn't insurmountable until the last 4 minutes or so.

Left when UL went up 56 to 28. Couldn't do it and was getting da spins.

When we were down 45-28 and went 3 and out, I checked out. About 10 left in the 4Q at that point. Not the earliest I've ever left but close.

Students filed out my halftime.

I don't think I can recall the Dome hotter in all the years I've been going. Complete sauna.

Crowd was really loud for 32k. If we ever get 49k in there (without the assistance of 10k visiting fans), that place can be the loudest venue in the country.

To the 18k who didn't show...I'm jealous of you.

Our fanbase is small and those who go to games are lame. I spent years denying it but it's just the way it is.

Our fanbase is small and those who go to games are lame. I spent years denying it but it's just the way it is.
the people that do go to games actually spend money that helps support the team that allow people sit at home and watch only to complain about the attendance and fans. Take a look at the crowd at the BC game today, yeah let's keep harping on how inadequate our fans are.

upload_2016-9-10_12-26-0.png

the people that do go to games actually spend money that helps support the team that allow people sit at home and watch only to complain about the attendance and fans. Take a look at the crowd at the BC game today, yeah let's keep harping on how inadequate our fans are.

View attachment 75699
A near-empty Dome going into the fourth quarter of two score game against a Top 15 opponent is lame. That's a fact. I couldn't possibly care less about BC.

A near-empty Dome going into the fourth quarter of two score game against a Top 15 opponent is lame. That's a fact. I couldn't possibly care less about BC.
curious, were you there?

People have reasons to leave as many others pointed out already. Sure anything can happen only being down 2 TDs, what were the chances with how our D looked that we had a shot at coming back?

Yes, I think it's a great idea to paint our entire fan base that actually show up for games as being lame. I mean, why not? Might as well having something else to complain about

curious, were you there?

People have reasons to leave as many others pointed out already. Sure anything can happen only being down 2 TDs, what were the chances with how our D looked that we had a shot at coming back?

Yes, I think it's a great idea to paint our entire fan base that actually show up for games as being lame. I mean, why not? Might as well having something else to complain about
No I wasn't there. I don't live close enough and I have little kids.

So 90% of the crowd that came to the game all had "reasons to leave" after the 3rd quarter ended. Wow, that is an incredible coincidence. Was there a Grand Funk Railroad cover band performing locally at 11:00?

If you want to take this personally that's your problem. Might as well just accept it and realize our program will always have limitations because of the poor support.

No sporting event should be 4 hours long.

It's probably for the best that the new Dome will have 10K less seats.

Is that accurate? Capacity will be 39.5K?

No I wasn't there. I don't live close enough and I have little kids.

So 90% of the crowd that came to the game all had "reasons to leave" after the 3rd quarter ended. Wow, that is an incredible coincidence. Was there a Grand Funk Railroad cover band performing locally at 11:00?

If you want to take this personally that's your problem. Might as well just accept it and realize our program will always have limitations because of the poor support.
thanks for showing up to complain. not sure what we'd do without such stellar and well educated fans.

Got to love the people that sit at home in the comfort of their living room and use the excuse that they live too far away. And yet for those folks that were melting in the dome but actually paid money to get inside get blamed for leaving early. Nice, can always count on multiple threads like this every year.

Is that accurate? Capacity will be 39.5K?

Something like that, of course things change but logically with seats and club stuff and attendance in general...

orangenirvana said:
No I wasn't there. I don't live close enough and I have little kids. So 90% of the crowd that came to the game all had "reasons to leave" after the 3rd quarter ended. Wow, that is an incredible coincidence. Was there a Grand Funk Railroad cover band performing locally at 11:00? If you want to take this personally that's your problem. Might as well just accept it and realize our program will always have limitations because of the poor support.

90% of the crowd didn't leave when the 3rd quarter ended. The exodus started when it got to 17 in the 4th and continued after that.

thanks for showing up to complain. not sure what we'd do without such stellar and well educated fans.

Got to love the people that sit at home in the comfort of their living room and use the excuse that they live too far away. And yet for those folks that were melting in the dome but actually paid money to get inside get blamed for leaving early. Nice, can always count on multiple threads like this every year.
Yes we can. Because this happens every year.

90% of the crowd didn't leave when the 3rd quarter ended. The exodus started when it got to 17 in the 4th and continued after that.
It looked terrible. I didn't notice last night and when I first saw this thread I thought it was an exaggeration so I made sure to watch it this morning and he was right. The silver bleachers were overwhelming. Two score game with an offense that can move the ball and an entire quarter to go. Sad.

I just feel bad for the players first and foremost.

It looked terrible. I didn't notice last night and when I first saw this thread I thought it was an exaggeration so I made sure to watch it this morning and he was right. The silver bleachers were overwhelming. Two score game with an offense that can move the ball and an entire quarter to go. Sad.

I just feel bad for the players first and foremost.

Right because this is the place to b$tch about it. The people you think are lame are the only ones going to the games and they are on this board. The exodus didnt happen until the 4th quarter as Bees noted when people had been sitting in a 90+ degree dome for four hours. Love getting talked down to by somebody who probably hasn't been to the dome in 15 years if ever.

Right because this is the place to b$tch about it. The people you think are lame are the only ones going to the games and they are on this board. The exodus didnt happen until the 4th quarter as Bees noted when people had been sitting in a 90+ degree dome for four hours. Love getting talked down to by somebody who probably hasn't been to the dome in 15 years if ever.
lol. No one is "bitching." Just making observations. And this is the place for that, if you hadn't noticed.

exactly. I mean no one at the dome had any other commitments like picking up kids from the babysitter or spending an 8 hour day at work, 3 hours tailgating and 4 hours in the sweltering dome. Of course they should have stayed so those stay at home folks wouldn't have to look at empty bleachers with 10 minutes left in a game that we had a 2% chance of making a comeback in.

I wonder how many lazy boy recliner fans started channel surfing in the 4th quarter?

I hope they stay above 40K. I think psychologically that's crucial to making any claim to being a major league program.

Agreed. If the joint is state of the art, it would make it easier to hang around. 4 hours in a sauna pining for a comeback is a lot to ask.

Heck I left a baseball game 3.5 hours in last night, had enough. 10 more minutes though I would've seen a walk off winner. :noidea:

Everyone keeps harping on "it was only a 2 score game"...it was only that close because L'ville took their foot off the gas for a bit. They came out and ran wild on us got a huge lead...then they took their foot off the gas for a bit, L'ville just made sure nobody got behind them on defense and gave SU long drives of dinks and dunks, so SU crawled back and got some points on the baord...then when it got "somewhat close" on the scoreboard, the game ended with L'ville putting their foot back on the gas again and pouring it on again just like how the game started.

If L'ville wanted last night they could have EASILY had 1,000 yards of total offense and over 70 pts scored. They actually did call the dogs off for a bit but when it got somewhat close, they flipped the switch and poured it on just like how the game opened. Even when SU got down just 14, to comeback it would have meant Syracuse would have had to make 2 or 3 or 4 defensive stops on 2 or 3 or 4 consecutive defensive possessions in a row which they had no shot of doing and that was clear. The score didn't tell the story of that game at all. It was never close, SU didn't "outplay" L'ville for a portion of the game. L'ville toyed with SU and when they needed to get serious they easily did and just poured it on.

Agreed. If the joint is state of the art, it would make it easier to hang around. 4 hours in a sauna pining for a comeback is a lot to ask.

Heck I left a baseball game 3.5 hours in last night, had enough. 10 more minutes though I would've seen a walk off winner. :noidea:

Correct me if I am wrong and someone may know this, doesn't per ACC policy the capacity of the venue need to be above a certain number? And isn't that number in the 40,000 or so range?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom