What it came down to | Syracusefan.com

What it came down to

SWC75

Bored Historian
I've often said that the most important stat in basketball is two point field goal percentage on offense and defense. You can discuss the other stats all you want but the bottom line in this game is that they attempted the same number of two point field goals, (35) and one more three point field goal, (14-15) and one more free throw (20-21) than we did. We out-shot them from the arc, (21.4%-20.0%) and the line (80.0%-66.7%), getting the same number of treys and two more makes at the line. They won the game because they made 60% of their two point field goals and we made 43% of ours.

I agree. They simply made shots and we didnt. Tough to win when you cant put it in the basket.

It is a hard place to play... (and make baskets)... It is where top 10 teams go to lose. This year has to be judged on what it does over the course of the year not game by game. They are too young for them to be judged game by game. I hate Pitt with every bone of my body. Shove, slap and scrap is their style and it is also their style to lose in the big dance. Just hate them... Time to move on to Mondays game!!!

the number of two point field goals attempted can easily trump a good 2 pt fg%. 10/30 vs. say 9/10?

In the games where we have struggled, it seems that our inside (should be easy) shots do not fall. I think it is partly due to playing against physical teams that give hand checks to the body (no foul called) that change the trajectory of the shot. JB needs to be screaming at the refs to watch for it and call it. If not, Cooley will do it all night tomorrow.

the number of two point field goals attempted can easily trump a good 2 pt fg%. 10/30 vs. say 9/10?

How easy is to get 30 shots to your opponents 10?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom