What kinds of cars do SU players drive? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

What kinds of cars do SU players drive?

True story: While a student at SU, Devo drove a beat-up pick-up truck with Michigan plates (he was from northern Michigan). One night, he got stuck in a snowbank and could not extricate his truck. Bernie Fine, who was from Brooklyn, had to get into Devo's truck to get it out of the snowbank. One of the funnier things I've ever seen in Syracuse. The cocky athletic kid from Michigan being rescued from a snowbank by an older overweight guy from Brooklyn

Last edited:

True story: While a student at SU, Devo drove a battered pick-up truck with Michigan plates (he was from northern Michigan). One night, he got stuck in a snowbank and could not extricate his truck. Bernie Fine, who was from Brooklyn, had to get into Devo's truck to get it out of the snowbank. One of the funnier things I've ever seen in Syracuse. The cocky kid from northern Michigan being rescued from a snowbank by an older guy from Brooklyn
CTO woupd be awesome guest on Devo podcast

Turn in your Vermont Card right now: Volvo or Subaru

Edit: Oburg... you and I had nearly the same stereotype LoL
My wife drives an Audi. Close enough? She had a Volvo, but the service department is literally the worst set of human beings you've ever met. No way was I supporting them again.

All three vehicles we have are AWD, however.

I'm sure only good things can come from this thread.

Also guess who is the captain of this fly ride?

oscar-mayer-wienermobile_exterior-2.jpg

amirite

The Weinermobile was at some local grocery stores last weekend but I had to work. So disappointed!

LOLLLLLLLLL

If anyone knows how to get a thread locked, it’s you CR. Lets see if you bring your A game.

If JB saw this thread he would throw a fit. Last thing I'm saying.

True story: While a student at SU, Devo drove a battered pick-up truck with Michigan plates (he was from northern Michigan). One night, he got stuck in a snowbank and could not extricate his truck. Bernie Fine, who was from Brooklyn, had to get into Devo's truck to get it out of the snowbank. One of the funnier things I've ever seen in Syracuse. The cocky kid from northern Michigan being rescued from a snowbank by an older guy from Brooklyn

i can easily see how this could happen. First off, Devo isn’t from northern Michigan at all. That would be the Upper Peninsula plus maybe the upper third of the Lower Peninsula. Some would say just the upper quarter. Eric is from Bay City, which is about halfway up the Lower Peninsula. In addition, Bay City is on the entrance to what we call The Thumb. It is on the eastern side of the state and except for rare northeast storms off of Lake Huron, they don’t get that much snow by CNY standards (or even by the standards of the snowier places In Michigan) . Maybe 40 inches total in a year, just a fraction of what Syracuse gets. Ore even Binghamton. If Syracuse had a year with 40 inches, it would go down for generations as “The Year It Didn’t Snow”. He surely drove on slick roads before but probably never got stuck in a snow bank before. Having lived in CNY, Bernie would have had tons more experience with that despite his Brooklyn upbringing. Funny visual image though.

I might drive Hondas the rest of my life.

The last thing my SU adjunct professor of our chem engineering senior project class said to us before we left forever,

1. Always fill up the coffee pot if you empty it
2. Read books
3. Drive cost effective used cars

Unfortunately #2 needs work... still. lol

Williams had a nice ride. The rumor was the school he did not go to gave him the car
Rumor also was that he parked the car outside Lawrinson while at the ‘75 Final Four, and that someone dropped a pumpkin on it from the 20th floor.

Rumor also was that he parked the car outside Lawrinson while at the ‘75 Final Four, and that someone dropped a pumpkin on it from the 20th floor.
And that too.

I lived in Lawrinson in ‘75 but I never saw the pumpkin