What makes you hate UCONN most | Syracusefan.com

What makes you hate UCONN most

GooseMutt

All Conference
I'm curious. I've never been to a game to experience their demeanor. In my mind I was at the game at Manley Field house when we were highly ranked and Georgetown beat us and Thompson declared Manley officially closed . Nothing since has pissed me off more and in my mind Georgetown is our most despicable enemy.

I'm curious. I've never been to a game to experience their demeanor. In my mind I was at the game at Manley Field house when we were highly ranked and Georgetown beat us and Thompson declared Manley officially closed . Nothing since has pissed me off more and in my mind Georgetown is our most despicable enemy.

Their success in getting championships.

Their former head coach - he's so smug.

Easy target to a certain degree. They have had a lot of bad crap happen to them in the past 10 years that provides quite a bit of material.

And in the midst of all that they still have the 4 championship counter punch which is frustrating as @@@@

Honestly, it was Donyell Marshall that tipped the scales, and unfortunately, paved the way for the Huskies to win multiple championships over a 15-year period.

Yes, thank the Sub-standard for getting us on probation which was the direct reason we lost Donyell who was otherwise ticketed for us.

What's not to hate? It would be much easier to list out the things that I DON'T hate about UConn [it is a very short list].

Anyone who's been to the BET understands what I'm saying above.

Their degenerate fans. But more the fact that they took our lunch money for much of the '90s as our talent level dwindled, then went on a ridiculous run of national championships right when our talent surged past theirs again.

In the 90's their big men would mug ours all game and somehow our guys were always in foul trouble.

That and their fluky championships, of course.

Their fans.

Their belief that college basketball didn't start until 1990 and college football wasn't played until whenever HCRE graced them with his presence.

A friend went to the BET for both games the night of the 6OT game. He said Syracuse, Pitt and WVU (along with other random fans) were fun and had a good time. He described UConn fans as: "Angry. Angry when they're losing and angry when they're winning."

I hate that they have four titles - half of which they sucked and had no business winning.

I hate that they have four titles - half of which they sucked and had no business winning.

I feel like if Scoop didn't miss 30 free throws in regulation in the 2011 BET that would have eliminated one of those titles, and the a***** for St. Joe's who gave up the and 1 in 2014. 99 and 04 they had great teams, no issue with that. Their other two were jokes and the 2011 championship game was the worst ever played. But that's like the guy who graduates last in med school is still called "doctor."

Their fans, their two lucky arse titles that they won, some of their former players, Calhoun.

marcus_williams.jpg

The fact we only have one title, and they have two greeting card rings that felt no bigger than a big east tournament semifinal.
Not one for the new covet is mature generation, but would like to see a third ring on JB's hand.

New Here, so first Hello. First time, longtime. I've been a fan since the early 80's in Elementary school and watching the Pearl dazzle. RIP

The Main reason that I loathe UCONN with the seething hatred of a thousand burning suns, is actually the NCAA. UCONN basically owes thier entire modern run to the NCAA and SU on that backs of one name

Donyell Marshall. UCONN!

Gosh. I don't hate them.
I envy their success a bit. I liked some of their players.
Didn't really care for Calhoun, but even he didn't bother me that much.
It was more about the rivalry, and it always felt like a true 'measurement game' against them, and we didn't win enough of them.
Their shotblockers killed us on so many occasions, and yeah, Donyel and Rip were assassins.

Even at MSG for BET games, i didn't interact with their fans, so no hate there. Had one friend who went to UConn, and he was alright.

The way marsh fawns over them. It's UConn this and UConn that with that guy. And he pretends to be a Orange fan. Oh, and they have the most moronic fans on the planet.

Because Georgetown sucks.

The way marsh fawns over them. It's UConn this and UConn that with that guy. And he pretends to be a Orange fan. Oh, and they have the most moronic fans on the planet.
Rutgers fans say, 'Hi!'

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom