What players should have their jersey honored next? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

What players should have their jersey honored next?

Hackett

Wallace

Hak/GMac

I'd also consider the following in no particular order, after the others get theirs..

Jim Lee

Etan Thomas

Jason Hart, finished career second all time in steal and assists

Raf Addison, finished his career second all time for points scored

Danny Schayes, stuck behind Louie and Bouie, but was All Big East first team and honorable mention All American as a senior.

Dion

Wes, first team all american and Big East player of the year

Legendary moments do not make a legendary career.

IMHO, they do. Give me a guy who comes up big in the biggest moments on the biggest stage vs a guy who has great stats but fades to black when the game is on the line...

Jeter > ARod

4th all time in scoring, 3rd all time in assists, 3rd all time in steals, 1st all time in three pointers. More iconic moments than any player by far. And he was lights-out in the biggest game in program history.

Amen.

Hackett

Wallace

Hak/GMac

I'd also consider the following in no particular order, after the others get theirs..

Jim Lee

Etan Thomas

Danny Schayes, stuck behind Louie and Bouie, but was All Big East first team and honorable mention All American as a senior.

Dion

I wouldn't put Schayes on the list. I realize he was stuck behind Louie and Bouie but it was still only one really good year. Although if they did, it would provide a great opportunity to get his autograph...

Hackett

Wallace

Hak/GMac

Jim Lee

Etan Thomas

Dion

Dion??

GMac deserves it.
Jersey retirement is akin to getting elected to a team HOF.
GMac is a Syracuse HOFer.

Hak and Wallace are before him but he deserves it.

The 2003 NC game, 2004 BYU 41 point game in the first round 2004, 2006 BET are enough. Beyond the other stuff.

Hackett

Wallace

Hak/GMac

Jim Lee

Etan Thomas

Dion

I love all the guys you listed but I think you’re watering down the significance of having a jersey retired by widening the net that much.

Dion and Wes aren't Melo. They were here 1-2 years and we didn't win a title. Dion averaged less than 10ppg his career at Syracuse.
People forget freshman Dion telling JB to fword off.

Scoop saved him.

He was good in 2012 but he only played half the game.
He was a stud but no way belongs up in the rafters. Somebody like CJ Fair was great but isn’t worthy IMO.

The modern players left are Hak, GMac, then we have Wallace.

Not sure anybody else from the 90s or 00s belongs.

You don't wanna go down this road...his list of makes is much longer.

Yeah, I am shocked that GMAC And Hak played poorly when we lost to Vermont.. shocked. How about the BYU game in the tournament? That was insane.

To me it's Wallace, Hak, Melo, GMAC

Boeheim. Or maybe hang that Plaid jacket or his “80’s” uniform.

Or Hang a 1000whatever # and put a pair of glasses on top, I think we’d all get it and approve.

If asked, I would’ve said Wallace was already retired. So him.

Hak and then GMac.

Boeheim. Or maybe hang that Plaid jacket or his “80’s” uniform.

Or Hang a 1000whatever # and put a pair of glasses on top, I think we’d all get it and approve.

If asked, I would’ve said Wallace was already retired. So him.

Hak and then GMac.

People forget freshman Dion telling JB to fword off.

Scoop saved him.

He was good in 2012 but he only played half the game.
He was a stud but no way belongs up in the rafters. Somebody like CJ Fair was great but isn’t worthy IMO.

The modern players left are Hak, GMac, then we have Wallace.

Not sure anybody else from the 90s or 00s belongs.

I agree Wallace, Hak and GMac for sure and I wouldn't mind seeing Addison once someone brought him up earlier.

Kind of interesting that Kansas honored Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich earlier this year. They were both solid college players but I never remotely considered them worthy of having their jersey in the rafters. So I'd prefer to make it a little more exclusive when we do it.

Hak, joseph and fair all had more impact here than Dion imo.

Only Hak warrants discussion about a jersey retirement, of those 4 names.

Surprised at you posting this.

Using one game to discredit Jake's post.

But, if you are going to use this one game to refute Jake's post about GMAC then you need to do the same with Hak. Look at Hak's turnovers...both guys had poor games.
it's way more than one

You don't wanna go down this road...his list of makes is much longer.
no, it's not.

the scranton brick factory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom