What radio station carries the game in Rochester | Syracusefan.com

What radio station carries the game in Rochester

SBU72

All Conference
Hate this ESPN3 blackout in NYS. I'll listen to the game then watch when it's over.

It's listed as being on over-the-air 13.1 on TV, WHAM.

I recently cut the cable so watched the game over the air on WHAM 13.1 but am at a loss to figure out why it was blacked out in Rochester on ESPN3? Do they think two people might actually attend the game (drive or fly from Rochester to Boston) solely because it's blacked out? These ESPN3 blackouts make no sense to me..

I recently cut the cable so watched the game over the air on WHAM 13.1 but am at a loss to figure out why it was blacked out in Rochester on ESPN3? Do they think two people might actually attend the game (drive or fly from Rochester to Boston) solely because it's blacked out? These ESPN3 blackouts make no sense to me..
WHAM paid for the exclusive rights to show the game in Rochester. When games are on a local station they tend to be blacked out in that market via other sources.

If the rights are owned by a network and that network also has an app or streaming service then they typically don't care how you watch it, since they're getting advertising revenue either way.

WHAM paid for the exclusive rights to show the game in Rochester. When games are on a local station they tend to be blacked out in that market via other sources.

If the rights are owned by a network and that network also has an app or streaming service then they typically don't care how you watch it, since they're getting advertising revenue either way.

Thanks Moontan, I guess that makes sense. I'm thinking old school when they used to black out games so more people would attend. Different ball game now..

unless of course you are a syracuse station and buy the rights to a game you dont show and still black it out to everyone locally..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom