What to expect if Frost is the guy. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What to expect if Frost is the guy.

I think this offense, which is very similar to what we run, Hey Timmy it's Brett. Hope all is well brother. Got a friend interested in a truck on the lot. You hunting all week?is the easiest and most effective offense to run. Specifically at the collegiate or possibly high school level.

It's easier to attack exactly what you want to attack and create mismatches in space. When a defense thinks they have your tendencies figured out, there's a wrinkle or alternative to keep them honest or to fool them and take a shot.

I don't want to make it sound like its a simple offense, it's not, quite the contrary actually. But it's easy to install and build off your base building blocks.

You can run this offense out of a ton of formations and personnel groupings. It makes you very diverse and difficult to gameplan for. From the outside looking in it would look like you have a massive playbook, but, really it's just your core offense out of a multitude of looks.

Oh, and just one little pet peeve, I hate calling it a "spread" zone read. ;) Just call it a zone read. Spread's used more to describe the formation as opposed to an offense. I Don't mean to be a bag.

I just want to know what kind of truck we're looking at... ;)

Fast Paced run first zone read offense. By season 2 I expect over 30 points per game. Fans in the northeast will struggle with it at first until it starts to click. A lot of early fast 3 and outs.

Averaging 28 this year in a deliberately slow offense and that got us a new coach so you might want to re-think the 30 in two years. In a fast-paced offense 30 will get you an L.

If I have done my math correctly, adjusting for defensive and overtime scores we have averaged 23 points per game. I recognize that these numbers are actually worse due to garbage time scoring.

On defense we have allowed 32.3 points per game and this is also actually worse due to garbage time.

The challenge ahead is to reverse these numbers. There is more than a 10 point swing involved - probably more like 14 to 17 or more. Hard to do in one year.

I'm a believer in a balanced offense. However, how does a western staff recruit the east to get the players to score 40+ per game?

And what about defense?
Why a Western staff? As an OC he won't have a staff coming with him. This guy will attract talent.

Why a Western staff? As an OC he won't have a staff coming with him. This guy will attract talent.

It may be something that Coyle has been assisting to put together behind the scenes. It was interesting that it was leaked earlier on the board that Coyle talked to Ed O when he came to town back in October. I wonder if there are other potential assistants and coordinators that Coyle has been in contact with as a middle man for Frost. Could even be select coaches on the current staff like Acosta.

He's available starting Sunday...
Let's get it done.

And yes, I'd let him coach Oregon's bowl game if he, and the Ducks, would want that.

Why are folks worried about recruiting? Heres the pitch...

Hi, Im scott Frost
Im one of 10 players to rush and pass for over 1000 yards in a season
I led Nebraska to a National Championship over a guy named Peyton Manning
I spent a few seasons in the NFL
I have been coached by Walsh, Osbourne, Bellicheck, Parcells and Gruden
Ive spent the last 6+ years in the Oregon Duck system,
I coached a guy named Marcus Mariotta
We play in a Dome
We're going to have a better offense
You in???

Averaging 28 this year in a deliberately slow offense and that got us a new coach so you might want to re-think the 30 in two years. In a fast-paced offense 30 will get you an L.

Over 30 on offense. Not including all the fluke defensive and special teams touchdowns like we got thugs.

He's available starting Sunday...
Let's get it done.

And yes, I'd let him coach Oregon's bowl game if he, and the Ducks, would want that.

He can't do that he would need to be hitting the recruiting trail for us, trying to keep who he wants to keep committed and bringing new kids in. That's the reason you fire SS now and try and close on Frost quickly.

He can't do that he would need to be hitting the recruiting trail for us, trying to keep who he wants to keep committed and bringing new kids in. That's the reason you fire SS now and try and close on Frost quickly.
It's been done before. If he's the guy you want and he's willing to leave the recruiting to his staff while he's gone for 3-4 days then you make that concession if he asks for it. They rarely ask for it since their butt is on the line at the new place... but it does happen.

Before this year, he was Cutcliffe's OC at Dook and last season was brought to Florida to be Muschamp's "Last Chance" OC w/the Gators. A number of folks on our board were advocating that we hire him.

It's been done before. If he's the guy you want and he's willing to leave the recruiting to his staff while he's gone for 3-4 days then you make that concession if he asks for it. They rarely ask for it since their butt is on the line at the new place... but it does happen.

If it's feasible then I certainly understand, just not sure in this case. Oh by the way, Oregon plays on Friday at 1P their time so he is available after that! Check Flight Tracker on Saturday!

Before this year, he was Cutcliffe's OC at Dook and last season was brought to Florida to be Muschamp's "Last Chance" OC w/the Gators. A number of folks on our board were advocating that we hire him.
Who was?

http://No links to . . . allowed on this site.com/Coach/Scott-Frost-31/AllTimeRecruits

Scott Frost Top Targets
    • 1_673573.jpg
    • Scott FrostOffensive Coordinator, Quarterbacks CoachSalary: $367,584
  • 5_4614.gif
    OREGON

Before we start predicting going to bowl games, remember in 2017 we play AT Florida State, Louisville, Miami, and LSU. A new coach may not want any part of that.

Before we start predicting going to bowl games, remember in 2017 we play AT Florida State, Louisville, Miami, and LSU. A new coach may not want any part of that.
The only coach who would care who we are playing in 2017, that it would cause them to not want the job is Schiano and we're not going down that route anyhow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom