What's going to happen to Rutgers? | Syracusefan.com

What's going to happen to Rutgers?

patriot-logo.gif

or..."Success and tradition matter, and Rutgers has little to none of either."

My favorite part:

"the reality is that Rutgers has had one good football season in its entire existence and has been nationally irrelevant in basketball for the past generation".

...Rutgirls has one thing going for them...Notre Dame. If you missed it, Rutgirls voted no on the media contract with ESPN. Supposedly only football school to vote against...thereby joining Notre Dame. It has been indicated on this board and other places that Rutgirls maybe team Notre Dame takes to a conference when and if it leaves the BE.

you seem to forget that rutgirls put thenselves on a higher pedestal than N.D. when it came to scheduling games against each other

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt this would come into play.

"Considering what Rutgers has accomplished on the field, they are lucky to be in the Big East in football and basketball."

It's their total ineptitude in hoops that is MINDBLOWING to me.

They haven't made an NCAA tournament the entire 16 years they've been in the Big East. How in the hell is that even possible?!?! Seton Hall and Providence have made the tourney 3 times in that span.

They're 45 minutes from NYC for crying out loud.

BUT WE WERE SECOND IN NJ TV MARKET TO THE NJ DEVILS WHEN WE LOST TO LOUISVILLE ON NATIONAL TV!!!!!!

It's their total ineptitude in hoops that is MINDBLOWING to me.

They haven't made an NCAA tournament the entire 16 years they've been in the Big East. How in the hell is that even possible?!?! Seton Hall and Providence have made the tourney 3 times in that span.

They're 45 minutes from NYC for crying out loud.

But I heard this is going to be their big season.:)

Wow! I thought they made it at least once since they joined the Big East but they haven't made the tourney since 91! Wow, thats crazy... If my memory is correct wasn't 91 the year they had Earl Duncan and Keith Hughes?

"the reality is that Rutgers....has been nationally irrelevant in basketball for the past generation".

That is sooo not true! Thamel must have a selective memory. What abount the naked windsprints!!!!!

For the sake of never letting this die.
SunBeastConf.jpg

All hail the Sun Beast.

whats funny is reading post at nj.com-they want to believe the big last will be better now than before-lol

lose 3 brand names in both hoops and football for boise st is a real good trade

I have a new signature.

You read my mind.

"The reality is that Rutgers has had one good football season in its entire existence and has been nationally irrelevant in basketball for the past generation. Success and tradition matter, and Rutgers has little to none of either. Considering what Rutgers has accomplished on the field, it is lucky to be in the Big East in football and basketball." - Pete Thamel, Pulitzer Prize winning writer for the NY Times

whats funny is reading post at nj.com-they want to believe the big last will be better now than before-lol

lose 3 brand names in both hoops and football for boise st is a real good trade

It's better for the bad schools left behind. More of a chance to win games.

"the reality is that Rutgers....has been nationally irrelevant in basketball for the past generation".

That is sooo not true! Thamel must have a selective memory. What abount the naked windsprints!!!!!
Good point. No such thing as bad publicity, right?

This won't be popular -- but the ru obsession is sad at this point. It's like a bunch of fat chicks talking sh$t about another fat chick. We haven't won anything lately and we embarrassed ourselves last week. Yet ppl continue to talk sh$t about ru, their coach, where they will end up, the ratings, etc. Why is there a need to talk them down so much? We lost to them this year!

You are right that won't be popular but what you had to say has some truth to it. IMHO the focus on Rutgers is a board rivalry rather than a real on the field rivalry. Either way it makes for fun conversation.:)

This won't be popular -- but the ru obsession is sad at this point. It's like a bunch of fat chicks talking sh$t about another fat chick. We haven't won anything lately and we embarrassed ourselves last week. Yet ppl continue to talk sh$t about ru, their coach, where they will end up, the ratings, etc. Why is there a need to talk them down so much? We lost to them this year!

I agree. It's sad and I don't get it. They aren't and never have been a rival. And never will be once we leave the Big East and never play them again. Who Cares about Rutgers? Why are so many SU fans on this board so touchy with what Rutgers does or says? They are just another school. To steal a line from Buzz Shaw....People who get all worked up over Rutgers really need to get a life!