What's going to happen to Rutgers? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's going to happen to Rutgers?

This won't be popular -- but the ru obsession is sad at this point. It's like a bunch of fat chicks talking sh$t about another fat chick. We haven't won anything lately and we embarrassed ourselves last week. Yet ppl continue to talk sh$t about ru, their coach, where they will end up, the ratings, etc. Why is there a need to talk them down so much? We lost to them this year!

And reality comes to the thread.

Wasn't really shocking that a Syracuse grad slammed RU in his article, was it?

Also not shocking that a Rutgers fan would be trolling on another team's message board on a gameday.

Don't you have a tailgate to prepare for, or are you staying home to watch on TV? Got to prop up those ratings in the NYCDMA.

And reality comes to the thread.

Wasn't really shocking that a Syracuse grad slammed RU in his article, was it?

Well it made it past the editors at The New York Times, your hometown paper. :rolling:

Also not shocking that a Rutgers fan would be trolling on another team's message board on a gameday.

Don't you have a tailgate to prepare for, or are you staying home to watch on TV? Got to prop up those ratings in the NYCDMA.

Actually waiting for the sirloin chili to finish cooking and will be off to the game and tailgating by 1pm. Will you be making it to your game today? After all you guys travel so well;)

Actually waiting for the sirloin chili to finish cooking and will be off to the game and tailgating by 1pm. Will you be making it to your game today?

Apparently half the state of Connecticut has no power. So he is probably skipping it. Big travel year next year...Boston, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville, Death Valley...

Actually, I thought it was leave the game on TV and go to the game. I can't believe there was a thread on the Rutgers site about doing just that. Pathetic.

Actually waiting for the sirloin chili to finish cooking and will be off to the game and tailgating by 1pm. Will you be making it to your game today?

SU is playing on the road today. Otherwise, I'd would have started tailgating at 8:30. ;)

SU is playing on the road today. Otherwise, I'd would have started tailgating at 8:30. ;)

A 1:00pm tailgate start for a 7:00pm game is about all I can take if I want to see straight by gametime considering today will be a bourbon day!

Got to love Thamels response :rolling:

"Considering what Rutgers has accomplished on the field, they are lucky to be in the Big East in football and basketball."

http://thequad.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-big-east-pete-thamel-answers-your-questions/

RU fan here. I read the comments by Thamel, and it's hard to argue with it. Somehow, people believe this and if enough are saying it then it must be true. However, I will say this, RU has tried or has attempted. Even having difficult schedules at times. But that's besides the point. The program has never invested in their sports programs up until now, and when we did, we were crucified for it. No matter what RU did it was never good enough for anyone. I would even go so far as to say that many opponents relished in the fact of shellacking us whehter its at home or away. Better at home so recruits can see or hear about it.

How many on here when we were getting our heads bashed in loved it, or took 3 seconds to say RU sucks. A lot. Maybe all. Hell, we even thought what could be if we kept our top talent home. The Graber days, then into the hell that was the Shea days, we went from average to worse than sucked under Terry Shea. Everyone took shots at Rutgers. Then, we get Schiano, and he begins to turn the program around. No matter what we did or could do, we do, we could never escape the rep that had followed us for years. But just a question, what makes anyone think that we deserve to be bottom feeders for life? I know we don't deserve that! No one does! But college football is cyclical, and some teams will be up and others will be down.

Miami was down for a long time, before they had their run. You guys were mediocre for a long time before uu went on a run. We're trying to get out of a negative shadow, and no matter what we do, we will never escappe it in anyones eyes.

Maybe for you guys, you have every right to be arrogant without prejudice. Because you have tradition, and exposure. We're still trying to get that, and we will continue to try to gain it.

However, I will say this, RU has tried or has attempted. Even having difficult schedules at times.

I stopped reading after this because this post has to be fiction. Rutgers football and "difficult schedules" in the same sentence...lol

Actually waiting for the sirloin chili to finish cooking and will be off to the game and tailgating by 1pm. Will you be making it to your game today? After all you guys travel so well;)

I wonder if you made the trip up to Syracuse this year? Chances are probably not seeing that you brought a whopping 250 people. Let's not talk about traveling seeing that we had 10 times the amount of SU fans in Southern California than you did in Syracuse this year.

I stopped reading after this because this post has to be fiction. Rutgers football and "difficult schedules" in the same sentence...lol

At 1 point we did, I believe, play Texas, and Cal in the same season. Then we played Tennessee, VaTach, UM, ND, in a another season. At one point yes we did have a difficult sched. So it's not far from the norm. We didn't always have an easy schedule as some may think. NOW, we do play creampuffs lol. I'll admit that!