What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave? | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

What's our backup plan if Battle and Brissett both leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kansas shot 12 for 30 from the FT in a NC game they lost to us by 3.
Does that make our NC a fluke?
Stop posting.

No...Syracuse missed a few free throws at end that would have put the game out of reach. We were in control the entire game. Also, Kansas converted some of those missed FT"s into made baskets. I thought you were done responding to me? lol

No...Syracuse missed a few free throws at end that would have put the game out of reach. We were in control the entire game. I thought you were done responding to me? lol
You are ridlicious it’s maddening to read the pretzels of logic you take to always come back to the position JB is always right or take a shot at somebody else without looking at what happened.

We missed a few FTs. Kansas missed 18 FTs.
By your Memphis logic our title is a fluke.

Memphis missed four of five free throws that would have put the game and the title out of reach. Memphis was up 9 with 2 minutes left. Very flukey!

So 4 Ft's is fluky...but our entire road to the final 4 and Malachi's unconscious 2nd half wasn't?!?

Here's a stat for you:
Memphis was 12-19 against KU in 2008 that gave KU it's "flukey" championship.
KU was 12-30 against us in 2003 that gave us our title.

You still want to roll with that argument? I'd like to hear how 1 is different than the other.

You are ridlicious it’s maddening to read the pretzels of logic you take to always come back to the position JB is always right or take a shot at somebody else without looking at what happened.

I've given up on this thread buy JB intentionally sent Kansas to the line a lot in that game.

I've given up on this thread buy JB intentionally sent Kansas to the line a lot in that game.
When?
Nick Collison, Langford, Graves went to the FT a lot because they got offensive rebounds.
We weren’t hack a Graves.

We were ahead the whole game. You don’t use the Hack a player unless you want to extend the game.

Marek was supposed to be this uber athletic forward who could be a point forward that had range and loads of offensive skill.

The hype around newcomers has been so overstated the past 5 years that I think people are cautious on expecting things from guys coming in. For good reason.

There were plenty of posts discussing Dolezaj and whether his shot was good, cold he score, what was the level of his comp etc. Looking at Carey’s thread, I’m not seeing people questioning his ability to score. You guys are talking in circles now.

Well it's ridiculous that you hate on Boehiem every day in every post you make, but you do it anyways. Your adenda is tired.

Kansas needed Memphis to blow a 9 pt lead AND hit a miraculous shot to claim their title. Memphis was the better team. I would say there was some luck involved there.

Syracuse was clearly better than Kansas and would have won by 10 had they hit their FT's.

See the difference? Kansas should be 0-2 in those title games.

Well it's ridiculous that you hate on Boehiem every day in every post you make, but you do it anyways. Your adenda is tired.

Kansas needed Memphis to blow a 9 pt lead AND hit a miraculous shot to claim their title. Memphis was the better team. I would say there was some luck involved there.

Syracuse was clearly better than Kansas and would have won by 10 had they hit their FT's.

Yeah I have an agenda.
It’s called wanting to an improved offense. Basketball is supposed to be about entertainment.
JB is 73 years old if you don’t think he is above criticism go stop reading the board.
I give praise when it’s warranted and criticism when it’s warranted.
You spin any criticism into it’s an agenda Cusefan0307 is one of the fairest reasonable posters on this board you have lost him in thread.
When you him the person is typically wrong.

What would you propose that plan to be if Brissett decides last minute to leave?

My initial question would be why would a kid leave if he's a borderline second round pick? What made him want to leave to maybe avoid this again?

When?
Nick Collison, Langford, Graves went to the FT a lot because they got offensive rebounds.

We were ahead the whole game. You don’t use the Hack a player unless you want to extend the game.

"But Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, whose team had been picked apart by dominating big men in the Big East (see Michael Sweetney), said it was the Orangemen's strategy to foul Kansas' big men.

"We fouled the guys we wanted to foul," said Boeheim, noting that Kansas' Jeff Graves was 2-for-7. "We could see right away they didn't have good rhythm. Any time they got close to the basket, we wanted to foul them."

Syracuse also struggled from the line (10 of 17) and missed five free throws themselves down the stretch.

"Somebody wants to write they lost the game because they missed free throws," Boeheim said. "I don't think they'd be writing the true story of the game."

Free throw woes leave Collison, Hinrich ringless

When?

I didn't make it up outta thin air. We had fouls to use on Collison and did so.

So in 1 post you say Kansas fluked their way to1 title in 30 years. I provide ample evidence how we truly did fluke our way and you say we beat who was in front of us. You can't have it both ways.

Let me provide more context, because you clearly need it. Kansas was a 1 seed in 2008, crushed 4 of their 6 opponents in the tourney, but because Chalmers hit a 3, it's a fluke? Oh, and KU was 37-3 that year and had to beat 2 other 1 seeds to win it. If that is your definition of fluke - I suggest you grab a dictionary.

Good luck, you're arguing with someone that is disconnected from reality.

"But Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim, whose team had been picked apart by dominating big men in the Big East (see Michael Sweetney), said it was the Orangemen's strategy to foul Kansas' big men.

"We fouled the guys we wanted to foul," said Boeheim, noting that Kansas' Jeff Graves was 2-for-7. "We could see right away they didn't have good rhythm. Any time they got close to the basket, we wanted to foul them."

Syracuse also struggled from the line (10 of 17) and missed five free throws themselves down the stretch.

"Somebody wants to write they lost the game because they missed free throws," Boeheim said. "I don't think they'd be writing the true story of the game."

Graves shot 7 free throws that isn’t hacking him.
He got those FTs off offensive rebounds. Take Graves out
Kansas shot 10 for 23. That is garbage as well.
Collinson thankfully had an off game from the FT line.

Yeah I have an agenda.
It’s called wanting to an improved offense. Basketball is supposed to be about entertainment.
JB is 73 years old if you don’t think he is above criticism go stop reading the board.
I give praise when it’s warranted and criticism when it’s warranted.
You spin any criticism into it’s an agenda Cusefan0307 is one of the fairest reasonable posters on this board you have lost him in thread.
When you him the person is typically wrong.

You do have an agenda. Every post you make is a shot at Boehiem. Offense, defense, recruiting, coaching, "roster management", press conferences, and anything else you can find to criticize him. We all get it.

Graves shot 7 free throws that isn’t hacking him.
He got those FTs off offensive rebounds. Take Graves out
Kansas shot 10 for 23. That is garbage as well.
Collinson thankfully had an off game from the FT line.

Dude...are you really telling me Boeheim is making this up? Go argue with him then.

unbelievable

I didn't make it up outta thin air. We had fouls to use on Collison and did so.
We didn’t hack a player them.
That is when the ball is in play you just foul.
We fouled them off offensive rebound. Which isn’t the same thing.

We were lucky thankfully they shot 12 for 30 if the other poster wants to say Memphis missing FTs was flukey for Kansas.

You realize we also had a miraculous block, a block that's still shower almost every tournament and almost all of our nationally televised games.

You talk about agendas, yours is ridiculous more than any other, maybe worse than Townie.

You do have an agenda. Every post you make is a shot at Boehiem. Offense, defense, recruiting, coaching, "roster management", press conferences, and anything else you can find to criticize him. We all get it.

Alsacs didn't start the thread. I did. I have legit questions about roster management and think JB has done a poor job building his roster over the past 4 years, often times adding guys at the last minute(Thompson/White/Gillon/Thorpe) to field a competitive team.

I have concerns we aren't ever going to get out of this mediocrity because of the roster constantly turning over.

JB's done a good job getting the team in position to at least compete for the tournament this year, but I like a lot of fans are sick of bubble seasons. If you ask Alsacs I was on your side of the argument last December when we stunk, but enough is enough. Turn it around or let someone else figure it out. It shouldn't take 5 years in college basketball to build a contending team in the ACC with our history in college basketball.

What would you propose that plan to be if Brissett decides last minute to leave?
That’s a fair point, correct me if I am wrong , weren’t there rumblings of him possibly being one and done , early on?We have been burned before with players leaving that we didn’t expect to. I don’t know if there is another plan now , I just would like to see our good players stay and develop rather than leave early.

You realize we also had a miraculous block, a block that's still shower almost every tournament and almost all of our nationally televised games.

You talk about agendas, yours is ridiculous more than any other, maybe worse than Townie.

Wasn't really miraculous was it? And who says that shot was going in?

What's my agenda again?

Who knows if any of the strategy stuff is true, but it remains true that Kansas effectively shot a fine percentage from the FT line. I feel that is fair to say because they recovered a good number of the misses and converted them in to points. I should probably run the numbers to prove it out, I admit I haven't done that. It is understood though by all that rebounds on FTs are strongly biased by the rules to be defensive rebounds. There is no team strategy that really can make offensive rebounds on FT attempts an important factor in game planning. So, to me, it is far to say that points per FT attempt is what matters and KU likely reached their average in that department during the championship game due to the abnormally high number of offensive rebounds they got (and converted) on FTs.

We didn’t hack a player them.
That is when the ball is in play you just foul.
We fouled them off offensive rebound. Which isn’t the same thing.

We were lucky thankfully they shot 12 for 30 if the other poster wants to say Memphis missing FTs was flukey for Kansas.

Jim Boeheim disagrees with you.

This thread is making me wish a trip to Cleveland wasn't cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.