What's the buyout on the LSU contract? | Syracusefan.com

What's the buyout on the LSU contract?

PhatOrange

Living Legend
maybe they should just break the deal next season and schedule a patsy. I'd go 2 FCS's if i have to next year, no one will care.

maybe they should just break the deal next season and schedule a patsy. I'd go 2 FCS's if i have to next year, no one will care.

SU would never do it, would set a bad precedent for getting deals with other top end Power 5 programs. Just gotta suck it up and take the beating unfortunately.

What Jeremy said we have to suck it up.
P5 teams won't play us if we did this.
Next year we have a good OOC schedule. 3 winnable home games and 1 tough game.

Do we care if P5 teams don't play us if we are transitioning to a model of 3 patsies and one of Rutgers/Uconn/WVU? I mean who cares if that is how we're going. When we get good again and people are excited about Syracuse, the stench of breaking a deal will subside.

Vote me for trying like hell to get out of this deal but my suspicion is it's probably impossible.

Viewed from the other end of the telescope, LSU with a new HC and a fan base hungry for wins isn't letting SU go anywhere. You have to play the hand your dealt.

hqdefault.jpg

Do we care if P5 teams don't play us if we are transitioning to a model of 3 patsies and one of Rutgers/Uconn/WVU? I mean who cares if that is how we're going. When we get good again and people are excited about Syracuse, the stench of breaking a deal will subside.

Vote me for trying like hell to get out of this deal but my suspicion is it's probably impossible.

Yes because the ACC mandates we play at least 1 P5 OOC team each season.

We owe them a home game we should honor our deal.

Yes because the ACC mandates we play at least 1 P5 OOC team each season.

We owe them a home game we should honor our deal.

Right Rutgers or WVU (Going forward). I understand under 12 months not gonna get out of that deal.

We're in an SEC light conference w Clemson/FSU/Louisville. Those games have become problems on a going forward basis in terms of scheduling "sexy" out of conference foes. It's essentially building a 4 loss resume out of the gates.

Right Rutgers or WVU (Going forward). I understand under 12 months not gonna get out of that deal.

We're in an SEC light conference w Clemson/FSU/Louisville. Those games have become problems on a going forward basis in terms of scheduling "s e xy" out of conference foes. It's essentially building a 4 loss resume out of the gates.
Those teams have to be willingly to schedule us. Rutgers doesn't want to play us. WVU doesn't either.
LSU is going to kill us but if we want other P5 teams to play us we have to honor H/Hs.

LSU may well have a new staff next year. who knows what it will bring. they didnt kill us up here and we were in choas mode

Those teams have to be willingly to schedule us. Rutgers doesn't want to play us. WVU doesn't either.
LSU is going to kill us but if we want other P5 teams to play us we have to honor H/Hs.

Correction, Rutgers DIDNT want to play us under their old regime. Their was a story in the local paper regarding this. Flood didnt want to schedule SU Uconn Temple in order to preserve recruiting

Correction, Rutgers DIDNT want to play us under their old regime. Their was a story in the local paper regarding this. Flood didnt want to schedule SU Uconn Temple in order to preserve recruiting

Yeah, how'd that work out for him?! ;)

I know people think that bowl games build recruiting interest and the extra practices are useful, but playing @ Death Valley is going to be so much better than any bowl game we'll get a sniff from next year.

its substantial since they already played the game here and the sec schedule has already been released for next year

Hey while we're at it what's the buyout on the ACC? Can we just leave it and go to the AAC?

*sarcasm*
Yup... I'm sure we could swap with Yukon so that we still wouldn't have to help their recruiting by playing them every year. Protect our recruiting region!

Last edited:
Hey while we're at it what's the buyout on the ACC? Can we just leave it and go to the AAC?

*sarcasm*
sarcasm or not...it makes more sense than backing out on LS-freakin-U.

good lord.

talk about being a laughing stock...

Last edited:
sarcasm or not...it makes more sense than backing on LS-freakin-U.

good lord.

talk about being a laughing stock...

While I get the frustration and truly believe the way we should be doing things is light scheduling - it's LSU. We didn't get the doors blown off us and we had a back up QB at the helm.

Ye have little faith

There is so much negativity on here regarding future schedules. If you automatically count FSU/Clemson and Louisville as losses into perpetuity, what's the point in even discussing the schedule? What does it mean in the end to go 9-3 or 8-4 if that's the best to ever hope for? Everyone complains about the fair-weather local fans not attending games, but why should they when the ardent fans have a mindset of "Meh, the best we can ever hope for in this conference is 4th place and 8-4, so yeah, come to the game if you want to be disappointed".

It's really easy to be negative, but it takes fortitude to be positive. Sack up and change your outlook. Enthusiasm is contagious. If we want to change the perception of the program, it starts here with the die-hards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom