What's the buyout on the LSU contract? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

What's the buyout on the LSU contract?

There is so much negativity on here regarding future schedules. If you automatically count FSU/Clemson and Louisville as losses into perpetuity, what's the point in even discussing the schedule? What does it mean in the end to go 9-3 or 8-4 if that's the best to ever hope for? Everyone complains about the fair-weather local fans not attending games, but why should they when the ardent fans have a mindset of "Meh, the best we can ever hope for in this conference is 4th place and 8-4, so yeah, come to the game if you want to be disappointed".

It's really easy to be negative, but it takes fortitude to be positive. Sack up and change your outlook. Enthusiasm is contagious. If we want to change the perception of the program, it starts here with the die-hards.

not into perpetuity, into next year. which is when we play LSU in Death Valley. I am as excited about the future of the program as anyone, but the reality is that we are not beating Clemson, FSU, Louisville or LSU next year.

There is so much negativity on here regarding future schedules. If you automatically count FSU/Clemson and Louisville as losses into perpetuity, what's the point in even discussing the schedule? What does it mean in the end to go 9-3 or 8-4 if that's the best to ever hope for? Everyone complains about the fair-weather local fans not attending games, but why should they when the ardent fans have a mindset of "Meh, the best we can ever hope for in this conference is 4th place and 8-4, so yeah, come to the game if you want to be disappointed".

It's really easy to be negative, but it takes fortitude to be positive. Sack up and change your outlook. Enthusiasm is contagious. If we want to change the perception of the program, it starts here with the die-hards.
We cannot recruit to the standards of FSU and Clemson. They are SEC-wolves in ACC-sheeps' clothing. (Louisville aspires to this, too.)

Which doesn't mean that we can't, on occasion, beat any of them.

not into perpetuity, into next year. which is when we play LSU in Death Valley. I am as excited about the future of the program as anyone, but the reality is that we are not beating Clemson, FSU, Louisville or LSU next year.
You can add at Miami too.

maybe they should just break the deal next season and schedule a patsy. I'd go 2 FCS's if i have to next year, no one will care.

Wow, take off your skirt. this is a great road trip and only one game. and btw, only 1 of 2 fcs teams would count towards a bowl . lsu is far from dominant at the moment. Ualbany has open season tickets.

baton rouge is a weird city. there isn't a lot to it, but then you drive on the interstate and cross this bridge. and out of nowhere you see this ginormous football stadium, the dome x2. its freaking huge, the biggest building in the city by far. other than that I liked my time in baton rouge. I found Louisiana people to be fairly down-to-earth, compared the whackos in florida or texas

Do we care if P5 teams don't play us if we are transitioning to a model of 3 patsies and one of Rutgers/Uconn/WVU? I mean who cares if that is how we're going. When we get good again and people are excited about Syracuse, the stench of breaking a deal will subside.

Vote me for trying like hell to get out of this deal but my suspicion is it's probably impossible.

So lose out on teams like LSU coming to the Dome???

This thread is almost as depressing as lets sit the starters so they don't get hurt thread.

I am looking forward to this game and unless my wife and kids decide to ruin my fun like usual I plan on being there.

This thread is almost as depressing as lets sit the starters so they don't get hurt thread.

I am looking forward to this game and unless my wife and kids decide to ruin my fun like usual I plan on being there.
Wait, do your wife and kids usually ruin your fun or are you usually at the game?

maybe they should just break the deal next season and schedule a patsy. I'd go 2 FCS's if i have to next year, no one will care.
We are in the tough ACC Atlantic Division. Only one FCS win can count for bowl eligibility. If we play two, we practically have no chance for a bowl game. :crazy:

We are in the tough ACC Atlantic Division. Only one FCS win can count for bowl eligibility. If we play two, we practically have no chance for a bowl game. :crazy:
See, this is the exact kind of negativity I was talking about in my post. You're saying on November 23, 2o16 that we have NOchance of going 4-4 in-conference next year. LAME!Oh Lord

I think providing them with a season's supply of southern Po' Boys would suffice. ;):)

The boys WANT to play LSU.

That's what I like to hear! Why bother if you don't want to compete against the best?! I can't imagine kids get as jacked up for Colgate as they do LSU. One big boy non-conference game per year is fine by me.

See, this is the exact kind of negativity I was talking about in my post. You're saying on November 23, 2o16 that we have NOchance of going 4-4 in-conference next year. LAME!Oh Lord
No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that it is stupid to do anything to decrease our chances. A second FCS win does absolutely nothing to help us.

I never understand this mentality. (1) you cannot predict the future so it is far from "reality". And (2), if it was etched in stone, why even bother playing the games in the first place. A little positivity goes a long way. There is no reason we can't beat anyone in the future.

My whole point is to build this back up we need help. Losing 42-10 in Death Valley vs winning in Piscataway is the choice. If we go 5-7 next year let's ask the question again. Our cross division games are OOC ESP when it's Miami or Tech.

I never understand this mentality. (1) you cannot predict the future so it is far from "reality". And (2), if it was etched in stone, why even bother playing the games in the first place. A little positivity goes a long way. There is no reason we can't beat anyone in the future.

It isn't etched in stone it's just highly probable so schedule someone easier than LSU to make a bowl more probable

My whole point is to build this back up we need help. Losing 42-10 in Death Valley vs winning in Piscataway is the choice. If we go 5-7 next year let's ask the question again. Our cross division games are OOC ESP when it's Miami or Tech.
but you can't schedule a P5 team like RU on less than a year notice. So buying out LSU doesn't do anything.

but you can't schedule a P5 team like RU on less than a year notice. So buying out LSU doesn't do anything.

And LSU needs a P5 opponent so you are screwing them over. They could care less about the money. Would be a really bad look for us.

Absolutely!

You want to be the best, you play the best.

And you attract the best players.

38287674.jpg

SU should never (yes, that's a big word) try to weasel out of a game agreement, at the last minute, with other P-5 schools... especially after the series has already started.

SU and tO$U, VPI and PSU have cancelled series in the past 10-15 years, but those were mutual decisions and were done well in advance of those series starting.

I don't know where people come up with these ideas...

No, I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that it is stupid to do anything to decrease our chances. A second FCS win does absolutely nothing to help us.
You're right. You actually implied we couldn't go at least 3-5 in conference.

To quote you:
"We are in the tough ACC Atlantic Division. Only one FCS win can count for bowl eligibility. If we play two, we practically have no chance for a bowl game."

Following the logic of the poster who said buy-out LSU and schedule a second FCS team (which I think would be a bad idea), only 3 of our 4 OOC games would count towards bowl eligibility. Assuming we win all of our OOC games under this scenario, we would have to a minimum 3-5 in conference to get to 6 total wins for bowl eligibility.

To have "practically no chance for a bowl game" implies that we cannot do better than 2-6 in conference.

SU should never (yes, that's a big word) try to weasel out of a game agreement, at the last minute, with other P-5 schools... especially after the series has already started.

SU and tO$U, VPI and PSU have cancelled series in the past 10-15 years, but those were mutual decisions and were done well in advance of those series starting.

I don't know where people come up with these ideas...

Agree, the lsu game will be a great experience for the team and fans. we have plenty of winnable home games next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom