What's the buyout on the LSU contract? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

What's the buyout on the LSU contract?

SU should never (yes, that's a big word) try to weasel out of a game agreement, at the last minute, with other P-5 schools... especially after the series has already started.

I don't know where people come up with these ideas...

Wyoming says hello.

Wyoming isn't P5, which was the quoted poster's comment.

But I take your point.

Missed the P5 comment. Wyoming was still pretty steamed after that. I remember the head coach saying for the rest of his career, he would root against Syracuse.

Missed the P5 comment. Wyoming was still pretty steamed after that. I remember the head coach saying for the rest of his career, he would root against Syracuse.
Yep - and I can't say I blame him.

10 minutes after Gross got off the phone with Wyoming, they agreed to a 2 for 1 series with Texas.

They got paid well.

Wyoming says hello.
As orange79 indicated, I was explicitly referring to P-5 schools.

If I'm a non-regional G-5 school which somehow manages to get a 1-for-1 deal with SU, I'd insist on hosting the first game or arranging for a high buyout clause.

If I'm a non-regional G-5 school which somehow manages to get a 1-for-1 deal with SU, I'd insist on hosting the first game or arranging for a high buyout clause.

Yeah, I indicated above, that I skimmed over the P5 remark.

I suspect that's what SU did with LSU last year. :confused:

I suspect that's what SU did with LSU last year. :confused:
Nah.. it's an unwritten rule... P-5 doesn't screw with P-5.

I know people think that bowl games build recruiting interest and the extra practices are useful, but playing @ Death Valley is going to be so much better than any bowl game we'll get a sniff from next year.

Not if we get embarrassed in the game

AZOrange said:
I don't understand the fan mindset of cancelling big games, not playing starters in big games etc. good god!

You know based on thread title I was thinking about Les Miles might be a good defensive quality control guy to hire for next year keeps all his LSU cash gets a chance at staggering revenge...

Nah.. it's an unwritten rule... P-5 doesn't screw with P-5.
I thought the unwritten rule of P5 was "There is no P5."

Sorry, I forgot, it's the first rule of P5 that "There is no P5.". The unwritten rule stands, "P-5 doesn't screw with P-5."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom