When not Who | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

When not Who

Not happening tomorrow.
Not happening before WF game.
Will happen prior to 12/4 Portal.
Don’t expect it to happen on a Sunday.
What I do expect is that someone will leak it by Friday 12/1.

IMG_5026.gif

Not happening tomorrow.
Not happening before WF game.
Will happen prior to 12/4 Portal.
Don’t expect it to happen on a Sunday.
What I do expect is that someone will leak it by Friday 12/1.

THIS^^^

Very soon. By Wed after Wake
This

I would expect wildhack to leak some finalists this week. Or maybe leak the guy he’s gonna offer anyway. Could be a done deal and the timing is the only issue left

May have a deal in place soon but announcement not likely until season is over out of respect for remaining SU coaches and our new hire’s existing team and players.

I just want to regain some optimism!

It would look horrible to fire a guy, announce you will do a national search and then announce your next coach a day later. You have to at least give the appearance that it was a thorough search process that took some time.

I heard we are gonna wait till after next season and have Vonn Reed coach for next season.
I heard it was going to be Vernon Reid and he’ll play the Star Spangled banner before each game in a cost saving measure.

This

I would expect wildhack to leak some finalists this week. Or maybe leak the guy he’s gonna offer anyway. Could be a done deal and the timing is the only issue left
Leaking finalists is dangerous as it could make other interested parties step up their pursuit of some of those guys…and I don’t think we want anyone who wouldn’t be attractive to others.

Leaking finalists is dangerous as it could make other interested parties step up their pursuit of some of those guys…and I don’t think we want anyone who wouldn’t be attractive to others.

I don’t think we have to worry. We are ahead of the game now. We are the proverbial bird in hand for the bigger names.

We have to build in the time that we announce said coach, then he gets a better offer and leaves, then restarting our search again. We finally settle for Swag Daddy.

I don’t think they have the guy but a calculated short list. And none of them are unemployed.
Agreed. Last cycle we had to wait for Babers. Frost and was it Matt Campbell who were the three we were in on?

The interviews will be comprehensive, but setup as quickly as possible.

They'd ideally want someone hired by early next week. Meet with the team, try to avoid a portal fallout, but also to get ready for portal incoming. The employment status of the candidates will make that tricky in some cases.

Good news is that anyone who transferred in, but isn't going to be a grad student, is likely safe to stay. So we keep our QB room. Wait, sorry, I said good news didn't I.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom