When you dont have a PG or Center you dont win | Syracusefan.com

When you dont have a PG or Center you dont win

kcsu

Living Legend
Im not sure what everyone expected this year. But without a true PG and a Center who is coming off major surgery has not played for a very long time and when he did play was ok at best you are not going to win many games. Next year will be much different. I expect DC to improve and contribute if he stays and i hope that Howard can man the point or somehow our Frosh wonder pulls a MCW. This year should be about developing the young guys as we are not going to make the dance with the team we have unless Jim can pull a miracle off when he returns.

let's go one further. if you don't have good talent then you don't have good coaching. they assembled this mess together.

I'll twist it again...but you have to have a great player to win. We've always had one (or more) on our good teams.

Where we are now is really a good reflection of the quality, or lack thereof, of this team. Not the players fault, the current state of the program. It is up to the coaches to bring together the necessary pieces to make a high quality team- and that includes anticipating early departures to the association. Throw in the NCAA sanctions fiasco and voila, you have Orange basketball 2015-2016. I have to also add that moving from the Big East to the ACC has led to a big dose of culture shock. It may just be me, or maybe it's because we are in a down-cycle, but playing in the ACC feels like a BIG BORE. Perhaps I'm just getting old and cranky- that's what my wife tells me, but what does she know? Bah-humbug!!!

Last edited:
Let me help elucidate even further...when one of your worst offensive players takes the most shots, its not good.

Let me help elucidate even further...when one of your worst offensive players takes the most shots, its not good.
Just for the record, the guy you likely believe takes the most shots actually doesn't, and if you look at shots per 40 minutes, he actually would place third at this point.
Screenshot_2016-01-05-06-45-40.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom