Where does it go from here? | Syracusefan.com

Where does it go from here?

Cuse_1999

2nd String
We don't recruit at the level of unc/duke. I don't think recruits will be lining up to play for a team that goes 8-23.

UNC and Duke overcame their comparable seasons because their name recruits itself.

Can you imagine how bad we will be next year? The guys leaving are better than what we have coming in and don't expect 5th year transfers to want to come to a team that just finished 8-23.

We are years away from turning this around

Make a good hire after this season. Absolutely vital. No Hopkins. Hire Collins from Northwestern, try for Buzz, Scott Cross from UTA. A good coach can easily turn this thing around

Make a good hire after this season. Absolutely vital. No Hopkins. Hire Collins from Northwestern, try for Buzz, Scott Cross from UTA. A good coach can easily turn this thing around

Never gonna happen. Hop is the next coach (not that I agree with hiring a 50 year old, first time head coach).

Just think how wrong we were couple of weeks ago when we thought we hit "rock bottom". Looks like we still have some more room to slide. This team has absolutely no heart. Every single player has the "we are defeated" look in their face. So sad to watch.

long term SU gets kicked out of the ACC

It really is hard to think about the future of this program. It's bleak and I'm not sure what can be done. New blood is our best hope but there are reasons, as you pointed out, where it'll be tougher to get this turned around than it was for a Duke or UNC.

long term SU gets kicked out of the ACC
That's inevitable. I'm just hoping we don't have to drop down to D2. Maybe we can solidify our future by getting into MAAC before it's too late.

Cumulative effect of the sanctions. FY, Mark Emmert, your double standard, and all your lackey minions.

We don't recruit at the level of unc/duke. I don't think recruits will be lining up to play for a team that goes 8-23.

UNC and Duke overcame their comparable seasons because their name recruits itself.

Can you imagine how bad we will be next year? The guys leaving are better than what we have coming in and don't expect 5th year transfers to want to come to a team that just finished 8-23.

We are years away from turning this around

I think JB retires at the end of the year, and I think Mike gets 2 years, unless the first year is an absolute debacle.

It really is hard to think about the future of this program. It's bleak and I'm not sure what can be done. New blood is our best hope but there are reasons, as you pointed out, where it'll be tougher to get this turned around than it was for a Duke or UNC.

The one thing they cannot do is let the rot set in. I think Jim is done this year, and Mike gets his shot. If Mike doesn't win 10 games, he's gone. If Mike gets them to .500, he gets a second year. If he doesn't win 20 in his second year, we do a national search. You can't let this program go 5 years as a mediocre to poor team. It would kill attendance for years. We can't afford it.

I'm so sad by this unprecedented situation, at least in modern times, defined as the Bing revival. The only bit of good news is that none of the undergrads will be leaving.

I have no confidence in Howard and could care less if he transfers. He is so clueless that he might not even understand why he was benched.

There is a natural tendency to think that the team will put things together with more experience playing together. The opposite is more likely. When a team loses there is bound to be finger pointing and consequent internal dissention. This will be our first losing season.

If BC hasn't been kicked out yet we never will.

Boston Market vs. Syracuse market. Puts more pressure on Dino to resurrect the football program.

Never gonna happen. Hop is the next coach (not that I agree with hiring a 50 year old, first time head coach).

I wonder if there are any 'escape' clauses for SU with regards to the 'deal' that says Hop is the next head coach.

People thinking we can get kicked out have no idea how partnerships work and legal maneuvers it would take.
We aren't getting kicked out and no school will ever get kicked out.

so how did the old Big East manage to eliminate Temple?

Temple was only an Associate Member for Football at the time, and they fell way below league minimums for attendance.

They didn't meet commitments that were set when they were invited (predominantly attendance levels, but also facilities) as associate members.

:)

Howdy partners! I hope everyone is well.

Anyways, what did I miss? Oh wait, I got a taste of this season live already. Gone to a game a year for the past 7 years. Seen Temple L, SJU L at dome, SJU L MSG and SC L at Barclay's. How's that for a list of instant classics? :( I don't get to catch a win anymore. Immediate family has never seen a win live. This years' team does not play like a team and remains to be seen if they will be at least competitive. Brutal to watch some of these games. Not even in it most of the time.

Still.

We're Syracuse. We always get into the Roxbury. That is where we go. We will be back.

I will go to the games when I can. Will remain and will always be a Syracuse fan. Time to take our lumps and chins up!

But if you really need a quick fix, there is a simple solution. I guarantee if you bob your head to the above music that would make a Butabi brother proud, you will instantly be gratified and smile ear to ear. Trust me, it really works!

And in case you didn't initially smile, just think about this: think about how much of a jackass I must have been setting this ol experiment up to begin with. Yah hah, there's that smile again!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom