Where Does This SU G'town Game Rank? | Syracusefan.com

Where Does This SU G'town Game Rank?

SUMBA

2nd String
I came across this article recently: Top 10 moments: Georgetown vs. Syracuse. The article was written before the final meeting between the teams in the Big East Tournament. Just for fun, where does everyone think the final meeting in the BET game fits? Does it make the list?

I put it at number 5.

PS. Notice the number of Georgetown "moments" involve the words "punch" or "swing."

It is 9:14 and they still suck!

Last edited:
Your link goes to the entire list. Which one are you talking about?

Your link goes to the entire list. Which one are you talking about?

the final meeting between the teams in the Big East Tournament.

Or:

Syracuse's CJ Fair Dunks On Otto Porter of Georgetown

the final meeting between the teams in the Big East Tournament.

Or:

Syracuse's CJ Fair Dunks On Otto Porter of Georgetown

Oh. OK. Sorry. I'd put it up there for sure and of course it is immortalized by the 30-for-30 documentary. It was a hell of a game especially considering how badly we had done against them that year and then we propelled ourselves on to the Final Four.

I came across this article recently: Top 10 moments: Georgetown vs. Syracuse. The article was written before the final meeting between the teams in the Big East Tournament. Just for fun, where does everyone think the final meeting in the BET game fits? Does it make the list?

I put it at number 5.

PS. Notice the number of Georgetown "moments" involve the words "punch" or "swing."

It is 9:14 and they still suck!
barely in the top 10

I know there were more important games throughout the rivalry, but I wanted that one bad.

The experience at the Verizon Center earlier that year (61-39), with Big John saying "it's time to kiss Syracuse goodbye" - was nauseating. Final game of the rivalry in the Big East. Big time revenge. Set us up for a final four run in their building a few weeks later. #5 sounds about right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom