Where has the ACC TV money been spent? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Where has the ACC TV money been spent?

Your probably right on a cash flow basis the payments are divided throughout the year. Good point on the 20.8 being all money that includes NCAA tournament credits, bowl money on top of the TV money. TV money is 17 million of the 20.8 million. Football money is the majority of all the money these conferences earn.
SU won't be receiving significant NCAA tournament credits for a while. All of the credits earned while a member of the Big East remained with that conference.

The tournament credits are paid out over six years. This year, SU & Pitt should be receiving their share of 1/6 of the credits earned last year. It'll take another 5 years before SU starts getting the same share as the rest of the conference members.

SU won't be receiving significant NCAA tournament credits for a while. All of the credits earned while a member of the Big East remained with that conference.

The tournament credits are paid out over six years. This year, SU & Pitt should be receiving their share of 1/6 of the credits earned last year. It'll take another 5 years before SU starts getting the same share as the rest of the conference members.
Moontan, Syracuse and Pittsburgh received full shares from the ACC. We know BE credits we earned stay with them, but I highly doubt the ACC schools cut SU/ND/Pitt out of NCAA credits in the distribution since its not a lot of money and Pitt/SU earned the ACC 4 credits last March.

Please share where you found out it will take another 5 years for SU/Pitt to get the same conference share.

I am curious assuming we paid all of the 7.5 million with the 16 million we received. Any idea what debts that were in the range of 11 million(as 2.5 million of the 7.5 was paid in 2011)?
Lots of money has been spent in the TGD era... Melo Center, IPF, lots of Field Turf (nearly every field and practice facility), Manley re-purposing, Carrier Dome facelifts, conference change, coaches fired, warm climate pre-season tournaments, hoops pre-season tournaments, new track, locker rooms, etc., etc.. Yes, there have been donations targeted to some of those projects, but I wouldn't expect (m)any of those to have been fully funded by outside sources.

$50k here, $200k there, $3M for this and $5M for that... pretty soon it adds up to real money.

Lots of money has been spent in the TGD era... Melo Center, IPF, lots of Field Turf (nearly every field and practice facility), Manley re-purposing, Carrier Dome facelifts, conference change, coaches fired, warm climate pre-season tournaments, hoops pre-season tournaments, new track, locker rooms, etc., etc.. Yes, there have been donations targeted to some of those projects, but I wouldn't expect (m)any of those to have been fully funded by outside sources.

$50k here, $200k there, $3M for this and $5M for that... pretty soon it adds up to real money.

There hasn't been that much capital spending over 10 years. The other stuff is routine O&M and operations.

Moontan, Syracuse and Pittsburgh received full shares from the ACC. We know BE credits we earned stay with them, but I highly doubt the ACC schools cut SU/ND/Pitt out of NCAA credits in the distribution since its not a lot of money and Pitt/SU earned the ACC 4 credits last March.

Please share where you found out it will take another 5 years for SU/Pitt to get the same conference share.
In this article you will find the following chart from 18 months ago:
current_twelve.png

You may claim that's not a lot of money, but others (with thin operating margins) might disagree.

For the other ACC members to give SU, Pitt & ND a full (hoops) share, it would mean that they'd essentially have to donate $ to their new partners. Duke and UNC add up to $6M/yr (or $400k/school/year). Sure, not a huge amount (guessing: $800K/school/year total) in the grand scheme of things and offset by the football contract, but it's still money. When most schools claim to be losing money on athletics (I pay a $127 "athletics fee" at my son's ACC school each semester) it seems odd to simply be giving it away.

The ACC may have paid everyone equally, and that would be honorable, but it's not what I would expect... hence I'm skeptical.
To be clear, I would expect all NCAA credits earned by ACC members prior to the 2013-14 season to be split among the schools that were members at that time (other than UMD).

In this article you will find the following chart from 18 months ago:
current_twelve.png

You may claim that's not a lot of money, but others (with thin operating margins) might disagree.

For the other ACC members to give SU, Pitt & ND a full (hoops) share, it would mean that they'd essentially have to donate $ to their new partners. Duke and UNC add up to $6M/yr (or $400k/school/year). Sure, not a huge amount (guessing: $800K/school/year total) in the grand scheme of things and offset by the football contract, but it's still money. When most schools claim to be losing money on athletics (I pay a $127 "athletics fee" at my son's ACC school each semester) it seems odd to simply be giving it away.

The ACC may have paid everyone equally, and that would be honorable, but it's not what I would expect... hence I'm skeptical.
To be clear, I would expect all NCAA credits earned by ACC members prior to the 2013-14 season to be split among the schools that were members at that time (other than UMD).
Taking the Maryland out it lessens the decrease for the other schools.

I think the ACC schools would eat that 800k per member as they gave SU and Pitt full credits for everything. I think the ACC schools have been all about unity and with Syracuse/Pitt earning 4 credits last year I think would give the other schools reason not to be petty as Syracuse and Pitt both had to pay some sort of fee to join the ACC.

Do we have direct deposit, or does Dr. Gross have to trudge down to the Marine Midland at the Marshall Square Mall to make a deposit?

Do we have direct deposit, or does Dr. Gross have to trudge down to the Marine Midland at the Marshall Square Mall to make a deposit?
I heard PayPal.

Does Dr. Gross still have his show on ESPN Radio in CNY and take questions from fans? I would love to know if the FB team's budget has actually increased. Basketball made us appealing to the ACC, but TV money comes from football and the coaching salaries for assistants need to be increased if we want a legit offensive mind. Ralph Friedgen got 500k to be the OC for Rutgers. We need $$$ to get an offensive coach.

Does Dr. Gross still have his show on ESPN Radio in CNY and take questions from fans? I would love to know if the FB team's budget has actually increased. Basketball made us appealing to the ACC, but TV money comes from football and the coaching salaries for assistants need to be increased if we want a legit offensive mind. Ralph Friedgen got 500k to be the OC for Rutgers. We need $$$ to get an offensive coach.
what about the 5mill from the ND game?

wait, what? wrong thread, wrong thread...

what about the 5mill from the ND game?

wait, what? wrong thread, wrong thread...
Good point Kaiser. After that ND deal only killed 1 home game I am done talking about that( I don't like it still but its not worth the energy), but if we got 5 million from that game and each of the Metlife games that money should have paid off a lot of the BE buyout and where the hell is the increase to the FB coaching staff.

Hell if we get 5 million a game to play at Metlife kill the I-AA game next year play one of Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State at Metlife next year cash a 5 million dollar paycheck and get rid of Shafer now. At this point I would do that.

where the hell is the increase to the FB coaching staff.
They haven't earned it.

There's money available when there are vacancies to be filled. I'd love to see an experienced D1 OC be hired this off season... yes, they'll be available.

The next time that the head coach needs to be replaced then I'd expect the funds to be available to hire a decent staff, with pay commensurate with their experience and success. Those funds were also available in the past. Will there be a $5M HC + $2-4M for the rest of the staff? Probably not, but $4-5M for the package seems manageable.

They haven't earned it.

There's money available when there are vacancies to be filled. I'd love to see an experienced D1 OC be hired this off season... yes, they'll be available.

The next time that the head coach needs to be replaced then I'd expect the funds to be available to hire a decent staff, with pay commensurate with their experience and success. Those funds were also available in the past. Will there be a $5M HC + $2-4M for the rest of the staff? Probably not, but $4-5M for the package seems manageable.
So we have enough money to pay for a 500k assistant coach? All we hear is that their isn't enough money, but if you actually look at the facts it suggests otherwise.

McDonald is likely gone whoever he is replaced with should be paid market value and not this cheap crap.

Again since Metlife is giving us 5 million dollars a game we are playing there in 2016. So we obviously have a 5 million dollar paycheck coming I don't want to hear we don't have the $$$ to buyout Scott Shafer out. We clearly have the money if Metlife is giving us 5 million dollar a game.

They haven't earned it.

What does $5M get you?

HC: 2M
QB/OC: 500K
DC: 500K
STC/TE: 350K
WR: 200K
RB: 200K
OL: 250K
DL: 250K
LB: 200K
DB: 200K

A shade under $4.5M and a very reasonable total for our position right now. Use the remaining 500K (up to $5M total) to boost guys who bring recruiting credentials. Don't toss money around for useless titles like "Associate Assistant Adviser to Head Coach". You only get extra for recruiting, since you're on the road so much.

Again since Metlife is giving us 5 million dollars a game we are playing there in 2016. So we obviously have a 5 million dollar paycheck coming I don't want to hear we don't have the $$$ to buyout Scott Shafer out. We clearly have the money if Metlife is giving us 5 million dollar a game.
thats basically the forest through the trees point i was trying to make...that $$$, that $5mill has nothing to do with JBs hoop team or the lax team.

that is pure football $$.

and if its not, then thats a problem.

im all for distributing the wealth if need be, but at this point...we are in crisis mode with the football team and they need all the help they can get.

So we have enough money to pay for a 500k assistant coach? All we hear is that their isn't enough money, but if you actually look at the facts it suggests otherwise.

McDonald is likely gone whoever he is replaced with should be paid market value and not this cheap crap.
$250-500K for the right candidate (likely a 2-year guarantee) seems reasonable... depending on previous experience and success.
FOCGM only had limited, non-P5, D1 OC experience, hence he didn't get paid Chad Morris money.

I agree that enough funds need to be made available to attract a good staff.

Another internet rumor. 5mil my azz.