Where is Ron Patterson this summer? | Syracusefan.com

Where is Ron Patterson this summer?

Dave85

Living Legend
This is the only article I found on Ron Patterson from March 17th. Does anyone know of any other articles?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...step-up-for-syracuse-in-his-sophomore-season/

I guess Ron is spending the summer in Indiana. But you would think he would be at Syracuse by now working out at the Melo center with other players and trainers.

Here's Chris Hawkins profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-hawkins/77/8a0/b04

Maybe Patterson is going to pull a Dion Waiters and come back for his Sophomore year a total beast.

Maybe he is with Carmen Sandiego...oh wait, Waldo? Sorry. ;)

As for this year, I just hope he gets some quality minutes. If Syracuse needs him to be Dion...no comment.

I know Ron has a kid so I'm guessing he wants to spend as much time with his child as possible. I'm sure he is still working out everyday and I'm sure he'll come back improved. Nothing to be worried about.

This is the only article I found on Ron Patterson from March 17th. Does anyone know of any other articles?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...step-up-for-syracuse-in-his-sophomore-season/

I guess Ron is spending the summer in Indiana. But you would think he would be at Syracuse by now working out at the Melo center with other players and trainers.

Maybe Patterson is going to pull a Dion Waiters and come back for his Sophomore year a total beast.
Ron has never been considered in Dion's class as a player. I like him and see potential but I think he might have a hard time getting quality minutes in our program.

Working for the Brick Layers' union.

Yea, I really don't see him getting any run here. He's definitely good depth but more than that.. not too sure.

(Comment)

This question is far too good to pass up. I'll be checking back in on this thread later. :D

Dear Image Master, you once offer to create me a new avatar image. I think my THX 1138 police robot number 44 has run its course. After having my account here suspended 4 or 5 times I am no longer trying to make a statement about the police state. I am thinking something with orange colors. For now I am going to go with the "Beat Duke" girls.

Donkey.png

(Comment)
This question is far too good to pass up. I'll be checking back in on this thread later. :D

I thought maybe using this image for me would work. But then I thought it would be too descriptive of my personality.

Yea, I really don't see him getting any run here. He's definitely good depth but more than that.. not too sure.

I actually agree with this. Cooney, Kaleb, and Gbinije will eat up nearly all of the guard minutes this year. In all likelihood, all of them will be back in '15, so I don't see Ron getting that much playing time over the next 2 years.

If Ron plays really hard, good defense, and under control in practice, JB should at least give him an opportunity for some run. I'd like to see what he has with some PT.

If Ron plays really hard, good defense, and under control in practice, JB should at least give him an opportunity for some run. I'd like to see what he has with some PT.

I'm pretty sure that unless Cooney, Joseph or Silent G get hurt, Ron won't be ready.

I wouldn't surprised to see this being the case, but I don't see it in that definite of terms. If his handle improves at all, he could be a good energy guy who sees his minutes fluctuate a lot, but still a valuable piece depending upon match-ups. I still wonder if G has much more to give than what we've seen, so it should be interesting (at least for me). If G stops mid-play on defense to run after his shoes or pick a dandelion or chase some butterflies though - I'm done with him. :)

I'm pretty sure that unless Cooney, Joseph or Silent G get hurt, Ron won't be ready.

When I first did my player calculus I came up with this result also. But I was thinking generally JB doesn't play freshmen over upper classmen. Last year Cooney was more experienced than Patterson. But this year Patterson as a Sophomore I think has a chance to beat out Cooney for playing time.

This. To me, his best hope at significant run is defense. I thought Cooney and Ennis did a decent enough job of cutting into passing lanes, but neither had the instinct, foresight, and athletic ability as MCW and Dion to a lesser extent do. We need someone to step up on perimeter defense. Our scoring hurt no doubt, but can't you just see MCW and Dion with a steal and end to end? We were incredible two years ago. Many easy chances in the open court. Maybe Buss has a niche in this department but TBD.

When I first did my player calculus I came up with this result also. But I was thinking generally JB doesn't play freshmen over upper classmen. Last year Cooney was more experienced than Patterson. But this year Patterson as a Sophomore I think has a chance to beat out Cooney for playing time.
Not in this universe.

We could compare ron to a Jimmer Fredette/Brandon Triche type of player instead. Dion had one of the best break down flashy dribbles finish at the rim in college out there.

Ron would be best getting alittle space using a sidestep and knocking down a jumper. imo he has a nice sidestep especially going left, if he can put the jumper to go with it he has some serious potential. Not to mention those long arms and aggressive nature on the defensive end. He has a good chance to make it. Even if he doesn't play great minutes at SU, but gives us 10 solid mpg as a jr senior leading a team or two deep into the tournament he could get a nice overseas contract someday.

Last edited:
I don't see Ron "beating out" Cooney for PT, but I could definitely see him exceeding the expectations expressed in this thread and carving out a regular spot in the rotation. Especially because he can shoot, and we need shooting. Bench guy who comes in as a mini-microwave shooter, defense, energy / change of pace guy. Big, strong, physical kid who can cover a lot of ground in the zone.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him garner minutes this year in a consistent rotation.

I don't see Ron "beating out" Cooney for PT, but I could definitely see him exceeding the expectations expressed in this thread and carving out a regular spot in the rotation.

Just some left over thoughts. Cooney still has to prove he can shoot off the dribble or under alittle pressure in tough situations. Someone like Ron probably wouldn't mind forcing up shot after shot off the dribble as he did alot fo that in highschool. BJ has shown glimpses that he could grow into that kind of shooter as well(whether or not he will ever play with 2 with it is another story though). That being said I think alot of team chimistry could have to do with isolation and forcing opponnents to double with the guy guarding cooney some. Alot of people suggested Cooneys shooting could have declined because of to many minutes per game last year lead to less aggressive movement off the ball and tired shooting. There could be some truth to that as well. He had a absolutely epic game against Notre Dame last year, one for the ages. Then after that it was like his season ended, can say the same about rak against I think NCState at home.

Dear Image Master, you once offer to create me a new avatar image. I think my THX 1138 police robot number 44 has run its course. After having my account here suspended 4 or 5 times I am no longer trying to make a statement about the police state. I am thinking something with orange colors. For now I am going to go with the "Beat Duke" girls.

How about something from A Clockwork Orange. . . you can have your orange and still make a statement about the police state.

:bat:--VBOF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom