Where we thought we'd be | Syracusefan.com

Where we thought we'd be

sabach

All American
After this Duke win, how far off are we from where we thought we'd be.

At the beginning of the season, I think it would have been reasonable to think we would lose a game in the Bahamas. I also think it would have been reasonable to think we would lose on the road to Pitt, Miami, Wake, Duke and G-Town. That is six losses and we have seven now. Beating Wake and Duke makes up for losing to Wisky and Clemson. In fact, I think winning at Duke and losing at home to Clemson is a better resume builder than the other way around. We need one more win we don't expect to make up for St. John's and we will be right where I think many of us expected to be at the beginning of the season.

To quote a President, I believe I greatly "mis-underestimated" the impact of JB's suspension and the high drama leading up to it. I am wondering now if JB knew the night of the Wisconsin game that the NCAA had changed their minds? I wonder if the players got wind of it? The official answer is "no," but I wonder. Because we were terrible in that game - it was shocking, especially after the great Bahamas effort. When Hop took over, I kept thinking the players would all be "up" for playing their best for their suspended coach, and we all know they tried and intended to. But Boeheim's sudden disappearance threw everything into disarray. And Hopkins, too.

I am trying to find a simile for this. Is it like when you know someone has terminal cancer and they're going to die in a while, and you're preparing for it as best you can, but suddenly they have a heart attack and they're gone?! The emotion of it had a deep, deep effect.

I was at the Carolina game when Boeheim came back. The energy and emotion in the Dome was thrilling! Even though we lost, THAT was when we turned the corner. Inside I knew it, and I think many of you did, too. We were coming back!

We can't let down. The team knows this. I don't expect to win every game hereon out, but I certainly believe it's possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom