Which team would you most like to see join the ACC | Syracusefan.com

Which team would you most like to see join the ACC

Which would fit best/prosper in the ACC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
...if you were forced at gun point to pick one.

Obviously not saying any of this would happen, just doing this for conversations purpose.

Your options are...

Cincinnati
Uconn
USF
UCF

Discuss.

I only say Cincy because of there somewhat recent success in football, they seemed to be a strong team annually up until when he who shalt not be named left the hill. They also have a great basketball program among other respectable sports programs. It'd be nice to see them join the ACC, a major conference, and compete/steal some recruits from UL and possibly Pitt.

I only included USF do to their location/recruiting/recent somewhat success in basketball.

UCF for same reasons minus basketball success, plus BCS success.

It'll be interesting to see what UCF does this season, they had a strong recruiting class and picked up another talented, but more of a pocket guy, QB in Tyler Harris.

Can't really see a Texas school fitting into the ACC
For recruiting purposes and adding a lot of eyeballs to the ACC, Texas/Texas Tech/Baylor would be great additions. ACC doesn't need a third Florida school, Cincinnati doesn't fit into the ACC and UConn's football program isn't there yet. That said, UConn would be a nice rival for Syracuse so they're the best option of the schools listed.

Texas and ND full time.

Out of that list Cincy and I agree with NashvilleOrange, no more Florida schools and along with that...no more Carolina either.

Vandy would be a solid edition.

Nc St. and Wake just straight up suck.

I have zero interest in USF or UCF. Ideally, Vanderbilt. Shame we couldn't trade NCState for Vandy.

Me as well and I'd forsake the 50M too. Straight one for one.

We could take the flagship SUNY program. :cool:

In order if the ACC has to expand
1.Navy football/ Georgetown hoops. Gets you back in MD/DC and the Navy Olympic sports stay in the Patriot league. Grown Lax gets the ACC back to 6 members.
2. West Virginia. Even though their internet fans are nuts if the ACC expands it's likely because the Big XII has been carved up and they make sense now.
3. Cincinnati. Solid hoops/football and open up So. Ohio and Kentucky more for the ACC footprint.
4. UConn. If their fan base wasn't a scorn ex-lover they are likely already in the ACC

The others have no chance

In order if the ACC has to expand
1.Navy football/ Georgetown hoops. Gets you back in MD/DC and the Navy Olympic sports stay in the Patriot league. Grown Lax gets the ACC back to 6 members.
2. West Virginia. Even though their internet fans are nuts if the ACC expands it's likely because the Big XII has been carved up and they make sense now.
3. Cincinnati. Solid hoops/football and open up So. Ohio and Kentucky more for the ACC footprint.
4. UConn. If their fan base wasn't a scorn ex-lover they are likely already in the ACC

The others have no chance

Would Navy football even be able to sort of compete?

Kind of a pet peeve of mine and probably rather silly to most of you but I never cared for schools being called Teams and not Schools when questions like this come up. I can see football team but regarding the context of the questions I'd prefer school.

Kind of a pet peeve of mine and probably rather silly to most of you but I never cared for schools being called Teams and not Schools when questions like this come up. I can see football team but regarding the context of the questions I'd prefer school.

I should've said school/program, you're right it was a silly error.

I should've said school/program, you're right it was a silly error.

Wasn't trying to be a jerk by any means and I'm glad you see that. Teams just sound so business and cash oriented...wait, you may have been right! ;)

Longhorns and ND full time.

Nothing else moves the needle and just adds more mouths to feed.

The value has now been set for marginal revenue. The additions need to be worth at least 20.8 M in additional revenue to the conference.

Awful, awful choices. None of those teams would raise the conference profile or give ESPN a reason to give us more money. Would be a total disaster.

It's a non serious thread. But, duly noted.