Who bought the can of green spray paint? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who bought the can of green spray paint?

Wi
What I heard was they considered replacing the whole turf...I would've thought they could do someting less drastic as service life is still left on the turf. This appears to be it (less drastic). It might look fine from 40 yards away. I trust this gang in charge to make it right or at least not an embarrassment until funds get allocated for full replacement in a couple years.

I would think with our new ACC money we would be able to replace the turf after 1 season.

Via carrier dome twitter
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376058662.826689.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but are both ACC logos supposed to face the same direction? Here's a pic of UNC's field:
kenan-stadium-empty-kenan-stadium_28_550x370_20111026191030.jpg

Noticed that in the Dome pic too. I guess they want TV to be able to read both of them. Odd though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but are both ACC logos supposed to face the same direction? Here's a pic of UNC's field:
kenan-stadium-empty-kenan-stadium_28_550x370_20111026191030.jpg

Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old Big East logos were the same way. Both were "TV Friendly".

Syracuse-1024x768.jpg

Yeah every other school has a logo facing the opposite direction. Every other school also has them colored.

Hey guys--

Let me clear up some of the worries.

I too, was a little worried at first. But mind you, this is the Dome turf in the worst form you'd ever see it...under construction and not yet treated for the new season.

Pete Sala was gracious enough to take me through the whole process, so I'll paraphrase a bit here:

First, the ACC letters are field turf cutouts being seamed in. It's not spray painted over...and, it's not done yet.

This year, the ACC letters will be just white...but as Texan Mark eluded to, stay tuned for exciting future developments.

Second, As I mentioned above the turf is yet to be treated (even the green will look 100x better before the Wagner game...hang in there it will look great!)

There's some other changes you'll notice September 14 but I'll let you check them out for yourselves.

And, since I love you guys, I'll give you this nugget before I go on the air with it...A deal has been struck with Verizon to put a new "antenna" on the Dome...Basically the issues of trying to get a text out, let alone a tweet, will be a thing of the past by no later than the Clemson game if not sooner.

Your last paragraph is absolutely fantastic news. Trying to use your cell phone in the Dome was/is an absolute nightmare. Trying to get a score update is nearly impossible, forget social media. The past few years it felt like you were trying to use a cell phone in the late 80's or something, zero reception.

Your last paragraph is absolutely fantastic news. Trying to use your cell phone in the Dome was/is an absolute nightmare. Trying to get a score update is nearly impossible, forget social media. The past few years it felt like you were trying to use a cell phone in the late 80's or something, zero reception.

Has the Dome management improved the out of town scoreboard? Or do they still show the score from the Towson-New Hampshire game?

Ditto all that. A smart phone in the Dome was a joke once more than 100 people got in there.

Has the Dome management improved the out of town scoreboard? Or do they still show the score from the Towson-New Hampshire game?

Its a little bit better but it still seems like there half hour behind live action and they tend to show the scores at unpredictable times but with the new scoreboards it is at least serviceable. Prior to that you would get scores showing a game in the third quarter where the game in question had been final for 20 minutes and the randomness of what games they decided to show was mind boggling.

Ditto all that. A smart phone in the Dome was a joke once more than 100 people got in there.

The last few years you would have been better off leaving your cell phone in your car and brining in a 90's era radio walkman because that was the only thing getting reception. I cant tell you how many times it took me 20 minutes to get a score or respond to a text.

Yeah every other school has a logo facing the opposite direction. Every other school also has them colored.

so what? every other team also plays outside and wears a jersey to the ACC media days photo op - they're not the boss of SU! Syracuse is gonna do whatever the hell it wants to and doesn't need to take its cues from a bunch of sissy outside football playing ACC schools ;)

If the whole point of the double logos is to be viewable from both sides, and we're arranging them for one side for TV, then why even put two logos? Seems awfully...dumb.

If the whole point of the double logos is to be viewable from both sides, and we're arranging them for one side for TV, then why even put two logos? Seems awfully...dumb.

Because you can't see one half of the field on TV when both teams are playing on the other half.

Because you can't see one half of the field on TV when both teams are playing on the other half.

So then put them both on the "bottom" of the field, if it's only for TV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom