Who do you tend to fear most? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who do you tend to fear most?

UVA doesn't scare me they put me to sleep. I have to watch the Pacers/Hawks game from late november (157-152 in regulation) just to remember what offense and shot making look like

UNC on the road... terrible.

Duke is always fun though even if they've given us the business lately

Before the UNC game, I told my wife (a big Duke fan unfortunately) that while Duke is a very tough team for us to beat, UNC is a bigger obstacle. After our win, that got me thinking, was I right in saying that? Short answer... not really, but it's a mixed bag. Also, I kind of forgot about Virginia at the time.

We actually have a slightly better overall record against UNC than I originally thought (7-17). Also, the last seven times we've faced them, we've done okay (but let's not talk about the 103-67 drubbing). During this stretch, they've won 4 to our 3, and one of their wins was in OT.

Duke has been ugly as of late, I mean real ugly. We've lost the last 9 games (I didn't realize it had become that lopsided). Virginia isn't much better, with only one win in our last 11 matchups. Looking at three teams that have mostly owned us - UNC, Duke, and Virginia...

UNC
Overall Record: 7 wins, 17 losses
Home: 3-5
Road: 0-7
Conference: 3-11

Duke
Overall Record: 6 wins, 16 losses
Home: 2-5
Road: 2-6
Conference: 4-11

Virginia
Overall Record: 6 wins, 14 losses
Home: 2-6
Conference: 2-12
* one interesting point (although maybe not terribly surprising) is that our average number of points against them is 60! Against Duke (70 points), and UNC (74 points).

Moving forward with Red as head coach, it will be interesting to see if we can play these three teams more competitively, particularly Duke and Virginia. My guess is yes.
Thanks for killing my good mood.

I want to leave the world with a better climate than we currently have, but I’d also like to travel abroad more frequently. Choices suck sometimes, especially the good ones.
I'm at an airport lounge in Toronto waiting for my delayed, pollution belching flight home from a work trip.

So, yeah.

Before the UNC game, I told my wife (a big Duke fan unfortunately) that while Duke is a very tough team for us to beat, UNC is a bigger obstacle. After our win, that got me thinking, was I right in saying that? Short answer... not really, but it's a mixed bag. Also, I kind of forgot about Virginia at the time.

We actually have a slightly better overall record against UNC than I originally thought (7-17). Also, the last seven times we've faced them, we've done okay (but let's not talk about the 103-67 drubbing). During this stretch, they've won 4 to our 3, and one of their wins was in OT.

Duke has been ugly as of late, I mean real ugly. We've lost the last 9 games (I didn't realize it had become that lopsided). Virginia isn't much better, with only one win in our last 11 matchups. Looking at three teams that have mostly owned us - UNC, Duke, and Virginia...

UNC

Duke

Virginia
* one interesting point (although maybe not terribly surprising) is that our average number of points against them is 60! Against Duke (70 points), and UNC (74 points).

Moving forward with Red as head coach, it will be interesting to see if we can play these three teams more competitively, particularly Duke and Virginia. My guess is yes.
These records are shameful and disgusting.

Clowns freak me out, man.
dt2o79-f3169f2e-3f51-43af-8659-63af9717d461.gif

Snakes
I'm terrified of snakes.
Non issue by me. I name them all Herman as I figured giving them a name would make us both feel more comfortable.

They have snuck into the garage and I get lucky every other try, prodding them out with a yard stick. It's fun! Definitely been snapped at but again, all with an ear to ear smile. Garter snakes. I could write a full National Geographic complete with gory pictures if I were to describe that fateful day for the frog...the frog was still alive (blinking its eye) as we caught Herman in mid engulf. My son was younger and asked if we should save the frog. I knew the answer was no and stuck with it.

Now if only I can convince my dog it is not worth the trouble going after Herman.

UNC

Duke

Virginia

Make It So Star Trek GIF

The only thing to fear is fear itself. Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

I don't think FDR would fear any of the three.
This is very appropriate for upcoming President's Day, 02.19.24. FDR was a proud New Yorker, Hyde Park in the Hudson Valley.

I fear that I'll hit " post reply" sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom