Who here thinks Roberson should enter the rotation | Syracusefan.com

Who here thinks Roberson should enter the rotation

2-3zone

2nd String
I'm only asking for 3-4 minutes for CJ and Grant each because I think asking CJ and Grant to go 40 minutes game after game down the stretch might be to much

6-8 minutes of defense and rebounding is all I want and any scoring would be a bonus

I believe everyone thinks that would be for the best but we need to start getting some separation in games so JB can play him and he can earn his trust. The bottom line is that Grant and CJ are considerably better at this point and in close games if not in serious foul trouble they will get all the minutes.

I'm only asking for 3-4 minutes for CJ and Grant each because I think asking CJ and Grant to go 40 minutes game after game down the stretch might be to much

6-8 minutes of defense and rebounding is all I want and any scoring would be a bonus

Questioning Boeheim on substitution patterns is like arguing whether or not we should breathe air.

I save such stuff for the football board. It's fun!

Yes. Can't really see how anyone can think otherwise, but to each his/her own.

Would love to see him get more minutes if it's nothing more to give CJ and Jerami breather

I believe Roberson should get some playing time now that DC is on the shelf for the year. TC and Ennis have silent G to give them a rest and Rak has Kieta, Grant and C.J. don't have anyone to give them a breather and rationale says you cannot expect them to play 40 minutes every game. Playing Roberson now will also develop him for next year when Fair and possibly Grant are both gone.

In his limited time he looks like he has improved. He is much more active on defense, and has shown a couple nice moves to the hoop. I think he has to start getting at least 4 minutes a half

I think it ought to happen.
I doubt it will happen.
I would like to see it happen, JB has said he would prefer to bring Grant off the bench and has also said Grant should prob not be playing forty mins. But Not guessing it happens

I want it to happen but in order for it to be effective, he needs to be out there with an ideal scoring lineup, it possible. Put Roberson in when we have other scorers on the floor, especially our starting backcourt. Point is to let him blend in with guys we rely on offensively, rather than throwing him out there with guys who are limited offensively (like Baye and G).

The ideal Roberson running buddies would be Ennis, Cooney, Roc and either Grant or Fair, this way he can just let the game come to him and not feel so much pressure.

Yes. 33'/32'/15' for the three forwards would be nice.

But I don't expect to see any such thing. If this is a championship team, it'll be on the backs of Grant and (especially) Fair.

Me. Hopefully he is improving in practice. That's the only way Boeheim will put him in. Like 2-3 said, I think Grant/Fair could wear down.

If history tells us one thing is you never know when a player isn't available due to injury or any other random event. I say get the kid 4-7 minutes per game similar to MCW and Grant last year. Once a player gets their legs and some confidence, anything is possible.

I don't think so. Not for while. Maybe against Boston College, Maryland, or GA Tech. But for the next 3 games I would be surprised if he got any PT.

would love to see it, but given JB's history, I think we'll only get 2 minutes per forward in the first half then F&G will be asked to go all 20 minutes in the 2nd half, barring foul trouble

I would like to see it happen.

Whether it will or not may depend on your definition of rotational player. Would you count MCW's frosh year as rotational? Played around 10 but was highly dependent upon the bigness of the game - ie no NCAATs, very little Lville.

I can see something like that. Problem is, we have a ton of big games on the slate.

I think it will happen.

I remember during the slide last year I whined that he wasn't playing Grant enough and the main rotation was getting exhausted at the end of the game. In the BET and NCAA Grant and Cooney both got minutes.

At this point I'm going to trust JB and assume that he'll play when Boeheim thinks he's ready.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom