Who is our best player? | Syracusefan.com

Who is our best player?

ThruWayWest

Scout Team
We were talking about the upcoming football season the other day. My friend asked me if SU had any good individual players to follow. I was kind of at a loss on the answer. Ishmael might be our best player. Opening up the question to the board...

I think you're probably right. There are a few of the younger guys that might figure it out this year and really surprise some people. One of the young LB's, or Dunkelberger, or Thompson at D end. Excited to see what the young RB's can do with more carries too.

I'd probably say Steve Ishmael, but don't sleep on Erv Philips.

I think its a lock that its Ron Thompson. In one or two more years the discussion will be Ishmael vs Zaire Franklin.

Thompson and Phillips. Z.Franklin close. Blaire is my dark horse (if he qualifies).

Ishmael, Franklin...

and just wait for Slayton to get his turn.

I have a feeling on offense it is going to be someone noone is really talking about. Maybe George Morris or Brisly Estime. They have so much potential. Heck I could even see Ashton Broyld making that Rakeem Christmas type senior jump and just balling out this year. THunt too. Thats why this is the best time of year!

I'd love to be able to declare unequivocally that T Hunt is our best player because our offense would probably be pretty good. Sadly, that's not the case so I'll go with Ron Thompson by a landslide.

I like Thompson, Ishmael and Franklin, in that order.

Throw in Phillips and I think that's probably our clear cut 4.

The worry is how much of a dropoff behind that.

Hope springs eternal in college football. Someone will surprise us. I just hope there are a lot of someones.

I'd say LB is the position I feel the most comfortable. But least comfortable, right now anyway, is a wide open race.

Throw in Phillips and I think that's probably our clear cut 4.

The worry is how much of a dropoff behind that.

Hope springs eternal in college football. Someone will surprise us. I just hope there are a lot of someones.

I'd say LB is the position I feel the most comfortable. But least comfortable, right now anyway, is a wide open race.
I hope the someones that surprise us are, in particular, on the O-line and at the QB position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom