Who is our best player? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Who is our best player?

OrangeXtreme said:
Riley Dixon

Without making any prediction on how someone will improve and only basing things on past performance, that is the correct answer.

I hope the someones that surprise us are, in particular, on the O-line and at the QB position.

I do think staying healthy at those positions, we can be ok. Not the offense we'd all love to see, but not the 1 TD drive per game and nothing else show that we ended last year with. There's enough experience to overcome a lot of that. Can they stay healthy? Who can predict. I will say I join those who worry about the position coaching at OL.

The front 4 and back 4 on D are as worrisome as I've seen in awhile. Not a long term issue though. I think if all our recruits this year get here, combined with the current young guys, then the future is fine. But 2015, I think we'll have to rely too much on true freshmen for depth.

RB is also a big worry to me, but I guess we'll see how these two guys step up now that the spotlight is all theirs.

TE, just really don't know what we have there, and who knows how much they'll be utilized.

RB is definitely a concern of mine, but that's also why I'm hoping the OL will really develop into a strong unit. A good OL will always make a mediocre RB look solid.

Like others have said, Ish, Franklin and Thompson, not necessarily in that order. Hopefully others will emerge making the question harder as the season goes along!

In a side ways way of doing things, if you look at our roster and ask who has the best chance of being an NFL draft pick next year, going into this season the answer is Ron Thompson and it's not even close. Broyld has NFL athleticism but zero production, questionable hands and basically missed a season due to injury, he could show up this year and play his way into the draft, but I think it's fairly unlikely at this point.

Our next best NFL prospects are all young guys, Estime still has NFL potential, but it's pretty iffy coming off an injury destroyed year. But our best prospects are in no order, Franklin, Slayton (size and speed) Ishmael, Thomas (size speed) Adams (NFL OT Size) and Ward (again NFL size) but aside from Ish and Franklin none of them have any collegiate production just yet.

Thompson and it's not close. Franklin, Trudo, Ish, Phillips in the next tier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom