Who is QB1 v Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Who is QB1 v Pitt

The only thing that makes sense is he had Tommy John. Which is if that is the case it was ridiculous we even started the season with him as QB1.
I am not sure Tommy John surgery makes sense.

Typical recovery time before you can throw at full strength is 12 months. It often takes a few months than that. Sometimes 2 full years….everyone is a little different.

He apparently had the surgery in March (why wait so long after the season ended)?

That gave him 5 or 6 months to recover. It would be insanely optimistic to have that surgery then with the doctors assuring Dino he would be as good or better than he was beforehand.

I am not sure Tommy John surgery makes sense.

Typical recovery time before you can throw at full strength is 12 months. It often takes a few months than that. Sometimes 2 full years….everyone is a little different.

He apparently had the surgery in March (why wait so long after the season ended)?

That gave him 5 or 6 months to recover. It would be insanely optimistic to have that surgery then with the doctors assuring Dino he would be as good or better than he was beforehand.
I don’t think the timeline of recovery for QB’s is the same as pitchers. Jake Delhomme had it for Carolina in 2007 and was back 7 months later.

Brock Purdy had a UCL repair this offseason and while he’s been solid even he said he’s not all the way back yet.

JMO that it is likely some type of UCL surgery.

I’d have mcphail start and play lequint and villari in the wildcat

Yeah Dino says that it means he gone

Can’t start CDRW again he was hideous

Screenshot_2023-11-04-12-20-30-065.jpg

During a commercial break on the pregame show with Infanti and Don McPherson. Don shared how on the Monday BEFORE the Virginia Tech game Shrader shared with him that he could barely throw a football and he was six months into a two year recovery. We all saw why he still played at Tech despite that considering CDRW’s performance last night.

You think those players played hard yesterday. Outside a handful of them they are checked out and have been for weeks. The team needs to be turned over and some discipline needs to be brought in.

Those kids out there played hard and never gave up.

Braden Davis (portal transfer from South Carolina & Delaware Gatorade Player of the Year) can play in the last three games and still redshirt.

Davis has only played in one game (Colgate) so he can play the final three games and still redshirt.

“New redshirt rule in place state that football players will now be allowed to play in up to four games and still qualify for a redshirt season, maintaining four years of eligibility.”
Didn't he redshirt last year for South Carolina so it doesn't matter?

Villari is probably our best option.

If they aren't comfortable starting Davis they need to push him out with CDRW this offseason.

McFail might be OK.

Those kids out there played hard and never gave up.
Yeah I don't think you can say they quit yesterday. They played hard. The D did everything they could and played hard all game.

They had one let up at the end on the third and nine scramble, and I dont put any blame on those boys.

I thought the OL played the best they have in almost two months.

During a commercial break on the pregame show with Infanti and Don McPherson. Don shared how on the Monday BEFORE the Virginia Tech game Shrader shared with him that he could barely throw a football and he was six months into a two year recovery. We all saw why he still played at Tech despite that considering CDRW’s performance last night.
So sounds like the surgery was pretty dumb

You trust this coaching staff.

Are you asking if I trust a staff who took the following transfers?

- QB who was demoted to WR at his previous school and now can’t throw.
- QB transfer from Michigan who got moved to TE following his performance in the 2022 spring game.
- QB transfer from Fla who got a chance to start and went 7/17 for 37 yards and 4 int last night.
- QB transfer from So Carolina who can’t beat out a walk-on.

I’m not there so I usually defer to the coaches. I’ll admit they were right. Shrader is better than DRW, so if they say MacPhail is doing better than Davis I’ll defer again.

Our player evaluation and recruiting is not good (I’m being polite).

Several fans who are now epileptic over this underperforming team were also raving about “this is our best QB room ever” because we have three SEC caliber QBs. It is not.

When players are in the portal, buyer beware. Sometimes one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, but sometimes trash is trash.

Last edited:
Are you asking if I trust a staff who took the following transfers?

- QB who was demoted to WR at his previous school and now can’t throw.
- QB transfer from Michigan who got moved to TE following his performance in the 2022 spring game.
- QB transfer from Fla who got a chance to start and went 7/17 for 37 yards and 4 int last night.
- QB transfer from So Carolina who can’t beat out a walk-on.

I’m not there so I usually defer to the coaches. I’ll admit they were right. Shrader is better than DRW, so if they say MacPhail is doing better than Davis I’ll defer again.

Our player evaluation and recruiting is not good (I’m being polite).

Several fans who are not epileptic over this underperforming team were also raving about “this is our best QB room ever” because we have three SEC caliber QBs. It is not.

When players are in the portal, buyer beware. Sometimes one man’s trash is another man’s treasure, but sometimes trash is trash.
Or if you’re Jurkovic 2 teams treasure is just trash

Could Braden Davis be that bad that you would bring up the walk-on?
As far as diminishing MacPhail because he is a walk on, this is his 4th year in the program and per 247 was ranked the No. 100 pro-style quarterback in the country. Not saying he is great or will do any better than CDRW, but he is not some kid off the street.

You think those players played hard yesterday. Outside a handful of them they are checked out and have been for weeks. The team needs to be turned over and some discipline needs to be brought in.
Big difference between playing poorly and undisciplined and not playing hard. I thought they played hard last night, just not well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom