who will be the first college to sell this beer | Syracusefan.com

who will be the first college to sell this beer

This may be sacrilegious to say...and the beer snobs on this board will probably string me up by my thumbs...but that Bud Light Platinum is a halfway decent beverage. Doesn't hurt that its 6% alcohol by volume either.

This may be sacrilegious to say...and the beer snobs on this board will probably string me up by my thumbs...but that Bud Light Platinum is a halfway decent beverage. Doesn't hurt that its 6% alcohol by volume either.
I am a self proclaimed beer snob who hates ALL budweiser products but I gotta admit the bud platinum is pretty good

Jesus H! That's 130 proof. My glass of Bookers bourbon sittin in front of me is 100 proof and that's considered high.

Highest ABV beer I've had was dogfish 120 which I think was 20% and it was awful

How dare you say that the dogfish head 120 minute is awful! Sacrilege! You lose your beer snob title.

How dare you say that the dogfish head 120 minute is awful! Sacrilege! You lose your beer snob title.

Ha! Love the 90 and 60 and many others from one of the best craft breweries in the country but I've talked with many beer aficionados who don't like the 120. Just too over the top

Looks like the BeerAdvocate crew give the 120 a "good" not "great" overall rating with the top reviewers giving it mixed reviews
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/9086/?sort=topr&start=0

90 is fantastic, always happy to find it on tap. I also like Arrogant Bastard but, like 120, the Double Arrogant is a bit much.

Too much of a great thing usually doesn't equal something better. You don't mess with perfection.

Highest ABV beer I've had was dogfish 120 which I think was 20% and it was awful

WHAT? Did I read this correctly? 120 minute is outrageously incredible.

I also took from this thread so far that:

690 considers his many tailgate buddies "beer aficionados"

WHAT? Did I read this correctly? 120 minute is outrageously incredible.
Here's what I'm gonna do cuz honestly I haven't had the 120 in 5 years. I'm gonna pick up a bottle and re-evaluate. I remember I wasnt happy then

A beer I will recommend for this time of year: Great Lakes Oktoberfest. Delicious

I also took from this thread so far that:

690 considers his many tailgate buddies "beer aficionados"
No doubt! Although I had a random guy show up at my North Manley extravaganza last week with a twelver of keystone light. I was appalled.

No doubt! Although I had a random guy show up at my North Manley extravaganza last week with a twelver of keystone light. I was appalled.
Well, our last tailgater showed up with a 30 rack of them Friday. That was after we finished our PBR. Tailgating isn't the best case for my beer aficionado-ness however.

We did start with Syracuse Pale Ale though.

Well, our last tailgater showed up with a 30 rack of them Friday. That was after we finished our PBR. Tailgating isn't the best case for my beer aficionado-ness however.

We did start with Syracuse Pale Ale though.

Yeah I stick to light stuff I can pound at tailgates. Blue light is my choice when I need to drink 8-10 in a 3 hour period.

My wife at the grocery store and brought home a make your own 6 pack of microbrews. She got a couple good Leffe's in there, a couple Abita's, a Brooklyn, and nestled in there was a bottle of Genny cream ale. I was laughing so hard and she didn't get it because she's from Guam. First one I drank though and it wasn't that bad.

Here's what I'm gonna do cuz honestly I haven't had the 120 in 5 years. I'm gonna pick up a bottle and re-evaluate. I remember I wasnt happy then

I will say that I had the 120 minute a few years ago that wasn't great (bad batch - threw most of it out). However, every one since then has been ridiculous.

120 isn't better than the 90 minute but it is far from awful. But on the positive side it is 15-20% alcohol. That is also why it probably isn't quite as good as the 90 minute.

My current favorite brewery I've just discovered is Green Flash Brewery. Now I like IPA's but they are not my current favorite style of beer mainly because of acid reflux and probably an ulcer which were likely due in most party to drinking too many beers. They have an Imperial IPA that is fantastic. You know its a good beer when the warmer it gets the better it tastes. Definitely try it if you come across it.

I will say that I had the 120 minute a few years ago that wasn't great (bad batch - threw most of it out). However, every one since then has been ridiculous.

Not too surprising if a beer store had a hard time selling it. Considering it is usually $10-$20 a bottle. But i'm sure many stores have a hard time keeping it on the shelf.

Without reading anything more than the linked article, what they are doing is not technically "freeze fermenting." They are fermenting normally, and then distilling the beer through freezing. Same process we used to use to purify things in Org Chem lab. A similar process is involved in making ice wine, when you rely on the water getting locked up as ice in order to jack up the sugar content in the remaining solution.

I am not a beer aficionado by any means, kind of a wine snob, but at some point you can't call it beer. If you get a fume bloom in your sinuses after a swig it's not beer.

120 isn't better than the 90 minute but it is far from awful. But on the positive side it is 15-20% alcohol. That is also why it probably isn't quite as good as the 90 minute.

My current favorite brewery I've just discovered is Green Flash Brewery. Now I like IPA's but they are not my current favorite style of beer mainly because of acid reflux and probably an ulcer which were likely due in most party to drinking too many beers. They have an Imperial IPA that is fantastic. You know its a good beer when the warmer it gets the better it tastes. Definitely try it if you come across it.
Love green flash west coast ipa. Blue tusk has it on every so often. One of the best. Damn, california has the best breweries. Stone, lagunitas, green flash, firestone walker, Russian river, bear republic, Sierra Nevada. Mercy!

Platinum tastes like metal to me... Idk why. I'm weird I guess. Wife loves it tho.

I think most people prefer the 90 minute to the 120 minute.