Who will be the Syracuse Head Coach in 2024? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Who will be the Syracuse Head Coach in 2024?

Another possibility with Mullen, Steve Addazio as OC/OL. But he would be OC in name and not call plays, leave that to Mullen. They coached together at SU in 1998 and at Florida from 2005-08. I want nothing to do with the Dazzler as HC or play calling OC. But he is a good OL coach and he would be huge for Northeast recruiting.

Another possibility with Mullen, Steve Addazio as OC/OL. But he would be OC in name and not call plays, leave that to Mullen. They coached together at SU in 1998 and at Florida from 2005-08. I want nothing to do with the Dazzler as HC or play calling OC. But he is a good OL coach and he would be huge for Northeast recruiting.

May as well get the entire gang back together. Matt Patricia comes back as DC too.

Played his HS ball in NE. Might help keep some NE kids home. Of course, we need more than that. Is he a guy like Mora, Leipold that can develop them and have them playing above their level? That's what we need.

Developing the Oline is the most bang for the buck, with lower ranked recruits, imo. (Marrone, Army, Dazzler) We ran really well running Schmidt plays, last year. If our QBs had been more efficient, it could have been a great year. Pretty sure we abandoned that stuff.

LSU, Duke and UCONN all have new coaches this year and all 3 look well coached and way ahead for making the change.

Developing the Oline is the most bang for the buck, with lower ranked recruits, imo. (Marrone, Army, Dazzler) We ran really well running Schmidt plays, last year. If our QBs had been more efficient, it could have been a great year. Pretty sure we abandoned that stuff.
The OC last year wasn't bad.

The OC last year wasn't bad.
Pretty sure he was removed from most OC duty early on. Ran a whole bunch of Schmidt plays- that worked. Of course, we'd only run them once(instead of forcing them to stop it) cuz that would be playing checkers. (Like when Addazio ran the same play 27 times against us in 2019, and DESTROYED us.) We dont play checkers. We play chess. Smh.

Hasn't Swag followed Dino every place? Why would he stay if Dino is gone? He can more than likely get a job at a better school with his recruiting prowess.
Because Dino is older and more then likely will spend his twilight years and all the money he didn’t earn at the theater humming the star wars theme(I witnessed this)

Pretty sure he was removed from most OC duty early on. Ran a whole bunch of Schmidt plays- that worked. Of course, we'd only run them once(instead of forcing them to stop it) cuz that would be playing checkers. (Like when Addazio ran the same play 27 times against us in 2019, and DESTROYED us.) We dont play checkers. We play chess. Smh.
He worked with what he had, if he went with Schmidt's idea's, that was smart. If he had this years Shrader and Gadson, it would have been a great offense.

Do you guys really think (me asking) that Dan Mullen is coming to Syracuse? I just don't see a former SEC guy coming into this situation.

I saw Orgeron's name thrown around too. A guy who lost interest coaching at LSU.

Can we please at least look at this holistically and realize that Dino isn't going anywhere this year. My guess is Wildhack resigns him since they already spent an arm and a leg to bring in Anae and i'm sure White isn't cheap either.

That's the best you're gonna get. Need to circle the wagons around that and hope they find the fountain of strength and conditioning in the offseason. Need to find the shakes that allowed a 150lb Kevin Mason to survive an entire season or a 145 lb Marvin Harrison to seem faster in January than September.

Nothing is going to change and if everything changes nothing will change either.

Very depressed by SU Football. Hoping Dino has the elixir

Do you guys really think (me asking) that Dan Mullen is coming to Syracuse? I just don't see a former SEC guy coming into this situation.

I saw Orgeron's name thrown around too. A guy who lost interest coaching at LSU.

Can we please at least look at this holistically and realize that Dino isn't going anywhere this year. My guess is Wildhack resigns him since they already spent an arm and a leg to bring in Anae and i'm sure White isn't cheap either.

That's the best you're gonna get. Need to circle the wagons around that and hope they find the fountain of strength and conditioning in the offseason. Need to find the shakes that allowed a 150lb Kevin Mason to survive an entire season or a 145 lb Marvin Harrison to seem faster in January than September.

Nothing is going to change and if everything changes nothing will change either.

Very depressed by SU Football. Hoping Dino has the elixir
He was fired from his last job, which was an SEC school. If they offered him enough money I could see him taking it. It’s a lot less pressure than the SEC. He probably wouldn’t be here longer than a few years before he got interests from bigger schools.
You had Gus Malzahn win a natty at Auburn, now he is at UCF, Kiffin was at FAU, Bret Bilema coached Arkansas before Illinois. I’m sure sure there are many examples. Let’s stop acting like ‘Cuse is Akron.

If you can get Dan Mullen you make the change after the season. JW should always be looking to upgrade the football program and this year is about as good as it will get for Dino.

If you can get Dan Mullen you make the change after the season. JW should always be looking to upgrade the football program and this year is about as good as it will get for Dino.

Mullen seems unlikely but if there was even a remote chance SU should be on that like cuserunner to an applebees. This is an absolute no brainer.

Matt Rhule would be perfect but he's not giving up that buy out