Who wouldn't want to play QB or WR here? | Syracusefan.com

Who wouldn't want to play QB or WR here?

GoSU96

Living Legend
Out of the gate, through 5 games, with a young and changing situation at OL and a running game that hasn't gotten going.

A WR picked up off the waiver wire and a true sophomore QB that wasn't even a 247 top 1000 player with no other P5 offers are throwing up these rankings.

upload_2016-10-5_6-59-23.png

Would love to play those positions, can we find guys to play D.

Kingsley, Fagan, Morton, Trotter, Coley, Nelson, Walton, Black, Ruff, Clarke, Coleman, Armstrong. I think we can

This has always been possible in the Dome.

In a few years when this thing is really rolling we're going to look back on our program and wonder why we fought so hard against doing the really obvious thing that could make our program stand out.

I don't like to run very much.

I like playing QB but I hate lifting my elbow above my shoulder.
EA Sports has you covered, Mr. armchair/couch QB!

Not a recruiting buff so I'm curious as to whether we are seeing any direct benefit on the recruiting trail based on this season or do we have to wait until the season is over? I know we already have our QB and a few receivers signed up so maybe we are done for the year in those positions?

The same reason schools like Texas Tech, Houston, and Hawaii have not landed big time QB prospects... need to win and it will change.

The same reason schools like Texas Tech, Houston, and Hawaii have not landed big time QB prospects... need to win and it will change.
I feel like Tech at least never needed to recruit elite QBs or receivers... their system created prolific QBs and receivers. This is the beauty of the Dino system... we aren't going to need elite receivers and QBs just accurate ones and dudes who can get open and catch the ball. They don't need to be pro prospects just good college ones.

This has always been possible in the Dome.

In a few years when this thing is really rolling we're going to look back on our program and wonder why we fought so hard against doing the really obvious thing that could make our program stand out.

becuase power run NE meathead football mentality

"We're going to establish the run, run the ball and then run again

The big question is who's going to want to play OL here? Linemen don't like running; most are allergic to it. I know Dino favors more svelte linemen but still, we might struggle to get solid recruits on the OL for a while.

I feel like Tech at least never needed to recruit elite QBs or receivers... their system created prolific QBs and receivers.
Texas Tech was at their peak when Michael Crabtree was on campus. He was elite out of HS.

The thing that's funny is we've had a program that emphasized defense first... and it got us a depth chart where we're starting freshmen defensive ends and a secondary by committee.

So...
You deserve the biggest high five for this comment.