Why Don't We Have Otto Helmets? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Why Don't We Have Otto Helmets?

GettyImages-1196981392.jpg
These also kick ass. If someone doesn't enjoy these then they also hate fun.

These also kick ass. If someone doesn't enjoy these then they also hate fun.

I am all for an Otto helmet - but the Minnesota gopher helmet is awful. At least shade in the gopher so it’s distinguishable from the rest of the helmet - it took me about five minutes watching the game to figure out what it was. In live action it just looked like pointless red squiggles. I expect nonsense like this from Oregon, but I hold Minnesota- and the rest of college football frankly - to a higher standard.

If we do an Otto helmet, we need to fully commit and not just do an outline like the stupid Minnesota helmets.

I am all for an Otto helmet - but the Minnesota gopher helmet is awful. At least shade in the gopher so it’s distinguishable from the rest of the helmet - it took me about five minutes watching the game to figure out what it was. In live action it just looked like pointless red squiggles. I expect nonsense like this from Oregon, but I hold Minnesota- and the rest of college football frankly - to a higher standard.

If we do an Otto helmet, we need to fully commit and not just do an outline like the stupid Minnesota helmets.
ETpDi5uX0AIy2nM.jpg

When we celebrate the much anticipated 100th anniversary of the first Yankee Stadium game, will we wear pinstripe helmets, similar to ND in 2018?

2b76eb6e-6670-4351-8bd4-e3d99037369f-C01_Notre_Dame_17.JPG

Otto helmet once a season for "kids day" the day the University makes it it's mission to put 10,000 tickets in the hands of 10,000 local students to help re-seed interest in the program among gen Z and younger age groups.

Just a thought.
While I don’t like the idea of an Otto helmet, I could get behind it in this application.

We need to use what works well for us (currently not much)
OTTO is a HALL OF FAME mascot, they need to be on everything. Helmets, shoes, gloves, water bottles, Dino's next Hawaiian shirt, butt checks, whatever it takes!!!!

Seriously I do like the idea of having Otto on the side of the helmet and they can be in various stages of depression like us!!!
In light of this, we are retiring Otto except in all fan gear. And all phone numbers will now be 443-6886

is he a toddler?
(that's a joke - seriously a joke - infant?)

7 yrs old. Although I'd run it by him before I bought it...I suggested going to the Paw Patrol movie when it came out; he got extremely upset and told me "Paw Patrol is for babies and I'M NOT A BABY!" So he might not be as excited by an Otto helmet as I would anticipate.

7 yrs old. Although I'd run it by him before I bought it...I suggested going to the Paw Patrol movie when it came out; he got extremely upset and told me "Paw Patrol is for babies and I'M NOT A BABY!" So he might not be as excited by an Otto helmet as I would anticipate.
That's funny. My 6 and 7 year olds aren't into it like they used to be but they still like it. I'm fine with that. No need to grow up too fast.

Otto on the helmet is a great idea, and would help boost (we need something now more than ever it seems) the fan base.

Make it like an elite-8 mini tournament, and have the choices there, and have the FANS vote on what comes out for a particular week (family day type of thing) or an all season helmet, or only for home games.

So many possibilities it seems...

But my vote, is angry, pissed off with a vengeance, Rambo style OTTO!!!

Otto style helmets once a year on kids promotional day. Buy a ticket and get a bonus kids ticket free. Not a bad idea. Have it for an early gimme game we are sure to win so they have fun. We aren't selling out tix for those games anyway. Develop some more younger fans. Would likely sell more kids merch as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom