Why I was encouraged last night | Syracusefan.com

Why I was encouraged last night

Jack Hall

All Conference
It was a v nice win but Solomon was out. If he was there the game would have been much tighter. Which is not a bad thing, I have a feeling a full strength Cal is like a 4 5 seed come tourney time. But why I was encouraged was that you could see Ennis, Cooney and Grant improving big time and gaining confidence. Ie after those two ill advised passes I thought Cooney might fold his tent. He didn't, he got ticked off and played great the rest of the way. CJ, Grant , Ennis and cooney are all gamers and if the 3 sophomores and freshman can all continue to improve we will be a tough out come March.....Go Orange!

I was shocked that Cooney was still on the floor after that second giveaway. I guess I don't know as much about JB as I thought.

I was shocked that Cooney was still on the floor after that second giveaway. I guess I don't know as much about JB as I thought.

I think those mental mistakes were caused by fatigue. Maybe JB was thinking more playing time at this point would help in TC's long term conditioning. Or, he just wanted to keep TC out there because he plays good defense.

Preach on. The inbounds play from the corner from Cooney to Grant and back to Cooney for 3 was money. Looking forward to seeing that all season.

that was my favorite play of the game. followed by the ennis steal and layup.

I thought same, I thought gbinje was coming in, bodes v well for Trevor, not so much for Mike...

Preach on. The inbounds play from the corner from Cooney to Grant and back to Cooney for 3 was money. Looking forward to seeing that all season.
That's a nice play, future opponents won't fall for that trick as easily, they will stay on Cooney IMO. But that just opens things up for Grant to make SCTop10!! Go Cuse!

I thought same, I thought gbinje was coming in, bodes v well for Trevor, not so much for Mike...
Maybe this explains it. Silent G's contribution in 12 minutes last night: 1 missed shot and one turnover. Against Minnesota in 14 minutes: 4 points (on 1 for 2 shooting and two free throws) and 2 turnovers. We really need more from him.

Maybe this explains it. Silent G's contribution in 12 minutes last night: 1 missed shot and one turnover. Against Minnesota in 14 minutes: 4 points (on 1 for 2 shooting and two free throws) and 2 turnovers. We really need more from him.
You know how it is, a soph 3 learning to. Play the 1 and 2 at a new school. Give him time

Yeah, I think he'll get better, but right now he scares me when he dribbles and he's a little too silent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom