Why Ian Eagle ‘waved the white flag’ on late nights with Bill Raftery | Syracusefan.com

Why Ian Eagle ‘waved the white flag’ on late nights with Bill Raftery

Ian Eagle is basically a perfect broadcaster. Smooth, crisp voice. Understands how much to talk and that less is often more. Never makes the game about himself or has a "schtick." Dry sense of humor similar to Bob Costas.

Raftery:
If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

What I wouldn’t give to drink with Bill Raftery. I bet he’s a blast, but yeah, I probably couldn’t keep up either.
Any of these old school guys I'd love to drink and jam with, but like you I couldn't keep up. Few years back its a different story ha

With all the drinking with Raf comments, I’ll tell a quick ~true Story:

My dad used to drink with Raftery a bit and (according to his friends) once got into a bar “fight” with him in West Orange, NJ. (my brothers and I are very confident it was nothing more than a couple shoves that, as most good stories do, evolved over time).

Until the day he died I never heard my dad say a bad word about Raf and loved him as a broadcaster.

ONIONS!!

Last edited:
Would people think differently if he sent his kid to Gtown?

I kept up w/ Raftery in New Orleans in 2023. Great conversation; great time after the championship game.

In fact, he got off the elevator before I did, but not until after he gave me his CBS insider’s Final Four guidebook.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom