Why is Jerry palm so down on | Syracusefan.com

Why is Jerry palm so down on

20Plus

... CUSE

I mean it just our resume is so much stronger than some of these pac 12 or Big East or big 12 teams. is it just their awful performance on the road?
I mean Good wins versus Miami, wake forest, duke,Virginia,Florida State, Monmouth, Pittsburgh

I keep hoping maybe Lunardi knows something Palm doesn't. Lunardi has us 8 or 9 teams ahead of Palm, it's a significant difference.

When I read Palm's reasoning it seems like he relies mostly on historical precedent - how the committee has handled teams in the past. I'm guessing Lunardi is taking more into account ratings systems like Kenpom and Sagarin that the committee has stated they would rely on more going forward, which really would be the only explanation why he has Clemson anywhere near the bubble. And top 50 wins remain important, as we saw last year and is the thing we have going for us again this year

He probably is too down on us but some of our fans here seem to have conveniently forgotten how we totally sheet the bed in the OOC and have a couple of alarming 'bad loss' blowouts.

No doubt the OOC carnage and poor road record are going to be big hurdles. Winning tomorrow would go a long way toward climbing over those hurdles.

Our best bet is to win some games, and take the guesswork out of it for the Palms and Lunardis of the world.

Mitigate the stuff on the negative side of the ledger enough, and the strike marks against us won't matter nearly as much.

Just win, baby.

No doubt the OOC carnage and poor road record are going to be big hurdles. Winning tomorrow would go a long way toward climbing over those hurdles.
wait, beating GT at home negates the 8-5 pre-conf?

The crazy one is Wichita State where JP has them first 4 out and Lunardi has them as a 7 seed (according to XM channel 84 today anyway). That is a wild spread. I don't think Lunardi is worth a penny so who knows?

I believe we get in after a win tomorrow period. After last year, plus the Cuse is an obvious big draw. I know we've been snubbed in the past, but this years team has proven they can beat anyone on a good night.

wait, beating GT at home negates the 8-5 pre-conf?

Wait, I said it would go a long way. Didn't say it would go all the way. Btw 10-8 in the ACC would seem to position us in front of a few other ACC bubble teams, no?

He probably is too down on us but some of our fans here seem to have conveniently forgotten how we totally sheet the bed in the OOC and have a couple of alarming 'bad loss' blowouts.
So true. Connecticut? Georgetown? Home loss to SJU by 33? 2 rather miraculous road ACC victories. Lost 4 of the last 5. Blown out by Louisville. Of course, no one really knows what the NCAA selection committee really focuses on from year to year. I agree with most SU fans who say win today and win one in the ACC tournament and we're in. Win today and lose the first game in the ACC tournament and it's nail biting time.

I think we need two wins to be safe. I know we have good wins, but two outside of the Dome and some horrible losses aren't a great look.

Palm suggests that the difference between last year and this for us is road/ neutral wins. He was one who had us in last year due to the Atlantis wins. So he's just using that theory that cuse hasn't won jack on road or neutral. Sadly he's right. I don't think that keeps us out though if we go 1-1 or 1-2 in the next couple of games

Palm kills us because we have 2 road wins. That's his whole issue with us

Never understood why they harped on road wins so much. The tournament is all on neutral courts.

So true. Connecticut? Georgetown? Home loss to SJU by 33? 2 rather miraculous road ACC victories. Lost 4 of the last 5. Blown out by Louisville. Of course, no one really knows what the NCAA selection committee really focuses on from year to year. I agree with most SU fans who say win today and win one in the ACC tournament and we're in. Win today and lose the first game in the ACC tournament and it's nail biting time.

Give me Miami or VT in that 8/9 game. Want no part of UVA

Xm radio was questioning why Wich st or ill St would be in since the only win either have is against themselves.

Lunardi knows it's JB's last year?

Kind of a big jump there, Capt. Even IF Lunardi knew about JB's plans, why would he care? He just needs to hit on as many picks as he can. Or, he has to assume that the selection committee knows and, even harder to believe, cares to cut SU slack because of it.

Cuse will get in, or out, on their own merit.

Kind of a big jump there, Capt. Even IF Lunardi knew about JB's plans, why would he care? He just needs to hit on as many picks as he can. Or, he has to assume that the selection committee knows and, even harder to believe, cares to cut SU slack because of it.

Cuse will get in, or out, on their own merit.
Was funnin'

Reactions: 007

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom